MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
I’m going to own mine so want the best value possible

March-Sept plates statically hood their value more and are desired

also for two weeks I may aswell wait especially as 20 plate for all we know will be last MK3 cupra and that will also add value when selling

:)

I’m putting a plate straight on to but researched it and made me agree to 20 plate

Reactions: Ali Bailey

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I think our Cupra hatches with 20 plates are going to be a good bet for value in a few years

I think they have nearly all the equipment of the new one and none of the ugly traits

very few will have the plate so maybe it’s a silver lining
Downside is there is a ton of them due to cheap leasing. So many ordered in the last 6 months it's unreal. They'll all be for sale in 2 years time.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
For those who have recently received their new cupra do we have a definitive answer to run in

What do I need to do to run in the car in properly ?

also I just got a new Ateca and when I change the led lighting colour it changes the colour on the infotainment screen and dials other than the speedometer needle.

does the cupra do this ?

I.e if I have it set to blue the touch button for example ‘settings’which has like the lines around it showing it’s a button are blue on my Ateca and the central bit on the speedo for example which shows your speed or oil temp or w.e is surrounding in a rectangle box and this is blue.If I changed the leds to red these things also change and is brilliant.
The Leon also does that. Whatever colour you choose changes the accents of the UI on the media screen and the digital cockpit to coincide with the selected colour. Think this came in from Sept 2018 models onwards.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
The Leon also does that. Whatever colour you choose changes the accents of the UI on the media screen and the digital cockpit to coincide with the selected colour. Think this came in from Sept 2018 models onwards.

And with OBDEleven ( not sure about Carista) you can increase the number of ambient lighting colours shown from 8 to 30. Or if you wished you can change any of the colours already shown to a colour of your choice S long as you have the RGB code for it.
d2b2b5f4dab01848f0d816d6ec8a9cfa.png

That’s the last of shares of Purple I’ve had to code for my wife’s Leon FR Black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
And with OBDEleven ( not sure about Carista) you can increase the number of ambient lighting colours shown from 8 to 30. Or if you wished you can change any of the colours already shown to a colour of your choice S long as you have the RGB code for it.
d2b2b5f4dab01848f0d816d6ec8a9cfa.png

That’s the last of shares of Purple I’ve had to code for my wife’s Leon FR Black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that option is not in Carista.

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
Downside is there is a ton of them due to cheap leasing. So many ordered in the last 6 months it's unreal. They'll all be for sale in 2 years time.
Exactly, just look online now how many 67 reg Cupra's are for sale, I'd reckon most are 2 year lease returns and in a couple of months will be loads of 18 reg on the market. SEAT Cupra just doesn't have the scene or following like Ford RS or even VW. A 20 plate Cupra might be the last but I doubt it'll hold any more value than any of the previous models, especially with the environmental scene changing with BEV cars.

Ashley_ng

Jan 27, 2019
You more than likely will then, there is a couple of us round notts:drive1:

Seen 6 cupras in Nottingham over the weekend! Never really see any but they was all out haha

Dynamic grey estate
Dynamic grey hatch 280
Mag grey 290 69plate
Black 300 estate
White 290 hatch
Black 290 hatch

Girlfriend said she seen a mystery blue estate also, think i seen your FR parked on the street at the back of me the othee day could be wrong though lol

*Edit* also spotted a silver cupra SC this morning on ring road

Last edited:
Reactions: LevoForest

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
I’m keeping mine for at least 5 yrs so will see as I have the factory extended warranty

tbh I’m going to enjoy it and worry about it when I need to sell if I need to

Reactions: Tivver500

LordGodRich

Oct 22, 2019
Seems like we've all been getting some new through! I sent a mail to talkto@seat. seeing mainly if i cant get any compo to offset the delay meaning i need to MOT and Service my current car before flogging it.

no compensation offered but confirmed that my car is also on the ship expected to arrive on the 13th Feb.... so the last estimate of 24th Feb isn't too far off for arrival to dealer. ~18 weeks total

I'm another from Notts - ive seen maybe 3 since i ordered (a R ST in all it's coppery goodness, a black 280 and only 1 copper badged 290), we'll be everywhere come March!

Ashley_ng

Jan 27, 2019
Seems like we've all been getting some new through! I sent a mail to talkto@seat. seeing mainly if i cant get any compo to offset the delay meaning i need to MOT and Service my current car before flogging it.

no compensation offered but confirmed that my car is also on the ship expected to arrive on the 13th Feb.... so the last estimate of 24th Feb isn't too far off for arrival to dealer. ~18 weeks total

I'm another from Notts - ive seen maybe 3 since i ordered (a R ST in all it's coppery goodness, a black 280 and only 1 copper badged 290), we'll be everywhere come March!

Which colour was the copper 290?

Lmil35

Cupra 290 Lux
Sep 8, 2019
Seen 6 cupras in Nottingham over the weekend! Never really see any but they was all out haha

Dynamic grey estate
Dynamic grey hatch 280
Mag grey 290 69plate
Black 300 estate
White 290 hatch
Black 290 hatch

Girlfriend said she seen a mystery blue estate also, think i seen your FR parked on the street at the back of me the othee day could be wrong though lol

*Edit* also spotted a silver cupra SC this morning on ring road

especially when we’ve all got 20 plates because of the delays!

sdolman84

Sep 17, 2019
Mines booked in and confirmed delivery March 2nd on 20 plate :) waiting that little longer but be worth now since I waited 8 months
Mine ready mid feb but delaying collection till 9th March due to holidays and return of current vehicle. Makes me sick delaying it but least I’ll be speeding round in a 20 plate also! Got my disklok ready!

Reactions: Ali Bailey

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Mine ready mid feb but delaying collection till 9th March due to holidays and return of current vehicle. Makes me sick delaying it but least I’ll be speeding round in a 20 plate also! Got my disklok ready!
Think I’m going with Ghost

anyone got it getting wind deflectors and have recommendations, I want make sure they don’t hit the mirror when folded in

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.