Warm start issue

Cuppyjoe

Sep 15, 2018
As above, when the engine is warm it's a bit lumpy initially. It's like the engine is over fuelling coz it doesn't know that it's hot.

Annoyingly, I recently changed the engine temperature sensor because I had an EML on and my cheap Amazon code scanner told me that there was a P1296 code. Code scanner then cleared the code and seemed a bit better.

Now my EML is back on the code reader won't connect to my ECU so I can't see if it is the same issue.

Any ideas?

I'd be surprised if it was MAF because it's fine on cold start and any other occasion. Could be a dodgy coolant temperature sensor?

Chaki

Nov 10, 2019
Check fuel pressure regulator, i had the same problem on volvo t5 model 850.
When cold it starts perfect but after some driving it cranks a lot then starts and i could smell raw fuel...

Reactions: Cuppyjoe

Cuppyjoe

Sep 15, 2018
Delphi. I've asked the seller to send me another which they are doing for free.

Cuppyjoe

Sep 15, 2018
Check fuel pressure regulator, i had the same problem on volvo t5 model 850.
When cold it starts perfect but after some driving it cranks a lot then starts and i could smell raw fuel...

Thanks. How do I check if it's the fpr?

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
I agree that the coolant temp sensor is the most likely cause, not sure there is anyway of checking the FPR other than plumbing in a pressure gauge and measuring the fuel pressure.

Reactions: Cuppyjoe

Cuppyjoe

Sep 15, 2018
I agree that the coolant temp sensor is the most likely cause, not sure there is anyway of checking the FPR other than plumbing in a pressure gauge and measuring the fuel pressure.

Got a new one on it's way, hopefully will cure it!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.