Chester's MkIII Leon SC FR 1.4 TSI ACT

Chester

MPG racer
Mar 25, 2002
Peterborough
Hello everybody! It's been about 6 years since I parted ways with my platinum grey MkI Leon Cupra TDi, and I've just put the deposit down on a 2 3/4 year old MkIII Leon SC FR 1.4 TSI ACT. She's Emocion Red, 18" wheels, alcantara sports seats, technology pack, storage pack, slide/tilt panoramic roof with LED interior illumination, convenience pack, a pretty rare spec.

I'm already building up a list of things I'd like to do, but the first thing will be to lose some of the faint surface scratches and enhance the gloss paint. She's in really great shape and less than 20K miles.

I'm going to research getting the Navigation System High and Seat Sound System retrofitted.

One question for you guys: I'd like to let a little more exhaust note out and thinking about Supersprint parts. I really don't want it to bark or be anti-social, so it's either the rear section or the mid-section pipe. Which would you go for and why?

Hoping to pick her up next weekend and get started on the detailing. I'll get some pictures up soon.

:cheers:

Chester

MPG racer
Mar 25, 2002
Peterborough
Here's a teaser for now:

39073093880_c7c9748319_o.jpg

Chester

MPG racer
Mar 25, 2002
Peterborough
Collecting tomorrow morning and going straight to Quattro-Tech for Revo Stage 1!

Incidentally, I did a quick search on ATrader for petrol cars with VED <=£30 and 0-60 <=8 seconds, not much turns up you know! Of course a sea of VA-Group cars, but otherwise it's the Mini Cooper (B-segment, too small) Alfa Giulietta (I'd like my car to start please!) and that's it. I mean that's a pretty tough but ultimate combination, reasonable acceleration without being robbed by the Sheriff of Nottingham!

Looking forward to this... :D

Xpo

May 7, 2016
Sweden
Straight pipe it all the way to the back box if you want it a little louder and rawer, but without being obnoxious and no drone.

Chester

MPG racer
Mar 25, 2002
Peterborough
Yeah, I'm not sure about the raw bit. I'm looking for tone rather than percussion. Thanks for the input though, it's nice to know it's only a little louder.

Xpo

May 7, 2016
Sweden
Yeah, I'm not sure about the raw bit. I'm looking for tone rather than percussion. Thanks for the input though, it's nice to know it's only a little louder.

It will become deeper and just slightly louder. But it’s all down to personal taste. Try and find videos with same engine on VW with changed exhaust for reverence also.

Chester

MPG racer
Mar 25, 2002
Peterborough
Deeper and slightly louder? Well that's precisely what I'm looking for!

I'll have a search for some vids on it later. Thanks for that...

Chester

MPG racer
Mar 25, 2002
Peterborough
41618299601_6f0ee4e1cb_o.jpg

Leon SC FR, beading, Red Edition!

I took this shot this morning with the bright early morning sun just about appearing over the houses but not long enough for the water to evaporate off after several bursts of heavy showers last night. On Friday, I prepared and polished the surface (just some spot corrections and finish pass as I had no experience with this paint), and then topped with Dodo Juice Orange Crush. Man it was hot so I had to try my best indoors in the afternoon but had to wait until it got cooler in the late afternoon to finish outdoors. I'll get another couple of coats on after washes. I think it's working rather well with just one coat though it's soft so won't be as durable as say Purple Haze Pro.

Reactions: Syphon

Chester

MPG racer
Mar 25, 2002
Peterborough
Hey Scott, certainly staying in the VAG group but sadly I couldn’t find the Leon SC Cupra with the spec that I was looking for. If history is to be repeated, it won’t be long before I return.

Chester

MPG racer
Mar 25, 2002
Peterborough
Wow! It’s gone already! It didn’t even make it to the forecourt apparently. It’s the Orange Crush that did it. I’m really hoping for some exciting Seat EVs in the coming years and if they’re brave enough to make a coupe again (yes I know, not likely), I’ll be back even sooner!

I’ll be lurking! Have fun :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise