MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Exactly that, 4 wheel drive means you win the traffic light GP every time (especially so with launch control, useless on the hatch and brutal on the ST), but the added weight and powertrain losses make it slower than the 2wd versions once moving at a decent speed.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Exactly that, 4 wheel drive means you win the traffic light GP every time (especially so with launch control, useless on the hatch and brutal on the ST), but the added weight and powertrain losses make it slower than the 2wd versions once moving at a decent speed.
The Golf R is 250kg heavier than the 5door cupra hatch. Thats actually a huge factor... Even makes it heavier than a cupra 300ST. would like to see a golf R take on a Cupra ST round a track based on that. Both cars have the same wheel base so theoretically the Cupra would be quicker. The R has the same 0-60 time as the Cupra 300 ST as well.

I swear there was a video of exactly that floating around on youtube somewhere.

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
RWD has much better grip from a standing start too. My current BMW has a similar weight to the Cupra and 65bhp less, yet has a lower 0-60 book time. Primarily down to the fact RWD grips much better under hard acceleration in a straight line, weight transfers backwards and squats the rear axle into the tarmac.

Agreed, my Vx will do 0-60 in 4 seconds but I’m more interested to see the comparison with the Cupra once on the move. It’s not like I’d be launching the thing off every set of lights so the 0-60 times are not that important. I’m not sure what the Cupra weighs but the Vx at only 900kg has a high power to weight of well over 300bhp per tonne. Like I say I’m sure the Cupra will be more than quick enough for every day driving and commuting though.

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Agreed, my Vx will do 0-60 in 4 seconds but I’m more interested to see the comparison with the Cupra once on the move. It’s not like I’d be launching the thing off every set of lights so the 0-60 times are not that important. I’m not sure what the Cupra weighs but the Vx at only 900kg has a high power to weight of well over 300bhp per tonne. Like I say I’m sure the Cupra will be more than quick enough for every day driving and commuting though.

That's exactly what mine will be for too, albeit my fun car is a Z4 so a bit less wild than a VX Turbo! Sat in one once, a 'cosy' fit is an understatement, unfortunately a bit too small for my frame!

Dwaynemps

Sep 27, 2019
Mine has been at the dealer for a few days, after a 7 month wait another 3 weeks for a ‘20 wont hurt, I’ve been told i can collect before if i want

Reactions: Ali Bailey

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I thought I was getting too old to get excited about a new car...... but I'm wrong!!!
Can't wait to get hold of it :drive1:
It’s my first and may well be my only new car. I’ve always bought second hand with cash but the deal from FCD was too good to pass up. Especially when the depreciation on my current car over nearly 3 years has been less than 10% of what I paid for it.

Reactions: Tivver500

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
It’s my first and may well be my only new car. I’ve always bought second hand with cash but the deal from FCD was too good to pass up. Especially when the depreciation on my current car over nearly 3 years has been less than 10% of what I paid for it.
Mine has depreciated.......oh wait it hasn't yet. Can't believe I've owned this car for over 6 months and it's still worth more than I paid new. If I didn't love the car so much I'd be tempted to sell before all the lease cars turn up on the market and the inevitable plummet in value occurs. At this point on my previous car I'd lost over 15% of its new value. Bonus is there arent many leather interior, side skirt mag grey Cupras around. Downside is not many people want leather haha.

Reactions: The Daily Meme

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Anyone with a car built this year had any updates about delivery times? Mine was a Week 6 build, so just curious as to when it should be ready for delivery.

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Mine has depreciated.......oh wait it hasn't yet. Can't believe I've owned this car for over 6 months and it's still worth more than I paid new. If I didn't love the car so much I'd be tempted to sell before all the lease cars turn up on the market and the inevitable plummet in value occurs. At this point on my previous car I'd lost over 15% of its new value. Bonus is there arent many leather interior, side skirt mag grey Cupras around. Downside is not many people want leather haha.
On the plus side, it has the electric driver seat! I really like the leather seats, just don't like how they are wearing. My severe OCD doesn't help though.

Reactions: Kirky
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise