MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Jas Singh

Nov 12, 2019
Last update from SEAT was a couple of weeks ago to say my car is on route to the ports from factory.
Got a call from my dealer today saying they have my car!!! Countdown to March is on! Starting to get excited now.
Even thinking about going to the dealer this weekend just to go look at it :roflmao:

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
On the plus side, it has the electric driver seat! I really like the leather seats, just don't like how they are wearing. My severe OCD doesn't help though.
Mine don't really looked used still. Little bit of leather stretch where my bum goes like you get with anything leather but that's about it.
It's driven from Scotland to Nottinghamshire, north and west yorkshire this last week so it could do with a thorough clean. It's pretty disgusting. Not cleaning until I'm back though, no point.
Handles surprisingly well in these poor conditions.

dilson88

Dec 2, 2019
Is the Pegasus Ace the next ship to load cars on from Barcelona? When i check the schedule it says tomorrow it will be in Barca but on the vessel trackers, it's sitting on the english coast heading to Santander? I'm running out of patience! :bounce:

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Is the Pegasus Ace the next ship to load cars on from Barcelona? When i check the schedule it says tomorrow it will be in Barca but on the vessel trackers, it's sitting on the english coast heading to Santander? I'm running out of patience! :bounce:

It arrived in Amsterdam on time with the latest schedule, but is now 4 days behind from the looks of it. No doubt due to the storms over the weekend, I know I certainly wouldn't fancy leaving port in those conditions!

I'd imagine on current projections it'll be leaving Barcelona loaded on the 16th or 17th, with the Aquarius due to arrive there on the 23rd to load the next batch.

Reactions: Tivver500

dilson88

Dec 2, 2019
It arrived in Amsterdam on time with the latest schedule, but is now 4 days behind from the looks of it. No doubt due to the storms over the weekend, I know I certainly wouldn't fancy leaving port in those conditions!

I'd imagine on current projections it'll be leaving Barcelona loaded on the 16th or 17th, with the Aquarius due to arrive there on the 23rd to load the next batch.

Ah good point - i didn't think about the weather! well at least I know it will come back as a 20 plate! lol

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
Ah good point - i didn't think about the weather! well at least I know it will come back as a 20 plate! lol
Pegasus Ace has been steaming around off Torbay for the last few days, sheltering from the storm, so will end up about a week behind schedule. I'm sure that the EML sailing schedule will be updated to show this!
Mine was due to be built in week 5..... was it? Who knows? It might have been and now being offloaded in Sheerness (but I'm always an optimist!!!)

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
Anyone with a car built this year had any updates about delivery times? Mine was a Week 6 build, so just curious as to when it should be ready for delivery.
I've just had confirmation that mine is now built (and I have a VIN number :)) and is 'in transit from the factory' (which could mean anything!!).
Seat are rather 'economical' with information......

Rob290

Jan 10, 2020
So it seems that being assigned a 20' plate is a bit of a 'red herring',

The car is at the dealer and delivery arranged for next Tuesday 18th...woop !!

For reference my car took 1 to 2 days to be unloaded from the ship and then 1 week to get to the dealer

seatram

Sep 8, 2017
Ilkeston
So it seems that being assigned a 20' plate is a bit of a 'red herring',

The car is at the dealer and delivery arranged for next Tuesday 18th...woop !!

For reference my car took 1 to 2 days to be unloaded from the ship and then 1 week to get to the dealer
I was told it was in UK port last Monday, was told yesterday it's at the dealer, was told yesterday it'll be delivered to me 17th :D

Sent from my HD1910 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sdolman84

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Looks like more bad news.

The pegasus ace began its return journey back to Barcelona today after dropping off eveyones cars that have recently had updates.

Mine wasnt on that ship which was confirmed early last week. I was hoping my car would be on the Comet Ace which left Derince today but is heading for Barcelona not Sheerness as planned. According to Marine Traffic, it is due in Barcelona on the 16th. When it is supposed to be in Amsterdam.

Looks like more delays... :banghead:

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019

The pegasus ace began its return journey back to Barcelona today after dropping off eveyones cars that have recently had updates.

Mine wasnt on that ship which was confirmed early last week. I was hoping my car would be on the Comet Ace which left Derince today but is heading for Barcelona not Sheerness as planned. According to Marine Traffic, it is due in Barcelona on the 16th. When it is supposed to be in Amsterdam.

Pegasus Ace spent a few days off Torquay - avoiding the storm and seems to be running about 4 or 5 days behind the posted schedule....
Aquarius Ace is 'loitering' off Grimsby, waiting for the car loading berth to be clear. Yours may well be on that as it will land there.
I didn't think the Comet Ace was on UK runs (the EML schedule has Comet instead of Aquarius in the headings.....)

Just had email from Amy saying she hopes to have shipping details on mine today (hopefully)

seatram

Sep 8, 2017
Ilkeston

Seems that Storm Ciara has delayed the ships :banghead2

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Pegasus Ace spent a few days off Torquay - avoiding the storm and seems to be running about 4 or 5 days behind the posted schedule....
Aquarius Ace is 'loitering' off Grimsby, waiting for the car loading berth to be clear. Yours may well be on that as it will land there.
I didn't think the Comet Ace was on UK runs (the EML schedule has Comet instead of Aquarius in the headings.....)

Just had email from Amy saying she hopes to have shipping details on mine today (hopefully)
Yeah seen that now, I wasnt sure which was the comet and which wasn't, it seems every other week they swap the names around. Must have a new guy on the job.

Nov 28, 2019
Agreed, my Vx will do 0-60 in 4 seconds but I’m more interested to see the comparison with the Cupra once on the move. It’s not like I’d be launching the thing off every set of lights so the 0-60 times are not that important. I’m not sure what the Cupra weighs but the Vx at only 900kg has a high power to weight of well over 300bhp per tonne. Like I say I’m sure the Cupra will be more than quick enough for every day driving and commuting though.

Hey Denno,

Recognise the user name from .org when i was on there a few years ago and used to sort the peak district runs - you had a black stage4 from memory? Hope your well!

I'm in a Honda'd Exige at the moment so still flying the flag for alloy and plastic :cheers:

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Well, new update and the car is built and in transit, due to drop at Grimsby. Still hoping it can be sorted for the first week of March, as then it'll let me take my soon to be 'fun' car off the road and get it serviced and tidied up with no inconvenience.

Reactions: Tivver500