Seat leon mk3 Wind deflectors not sitting right...

MH0

Aug 7, 2019
Hi, Just wondering whether any of you guys are experiencing the same issue as me and my mates. We all have a mk3 cupra. But when trying to insert the wind deflectors to the window seal. It sits loose. And the clips, dont seem to insert properly. Anyone got a solution on how to make the deflectors sit tight?

Sword

Apr 22, 2019
Winchester
Never fitted them on a cupra or a leon for that matter but from previous experiences with other cars you can either get more clips and they secure thar little better or my prefered option just get rid of those annoying pieces of plastic and enjoy a stress free life :thumbup:

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Never fitted them on a cupra or a leon for that matter but from previous experiences with other cars you can either get more clips and they secure thar little better or my prefered option just get rid of those annoying pieces of plastic and enjoy a stress free life :thumbup:
Yup mega naff as well as annoying

Reactions: Sword

MH0

Aug 7, 2019
Yh, I had a ford previously and I had no issue at all. But the clips isn't even the issue. Even without the clips, it is extremely loose. The clips just seem useless as it doesn't even fit into the seals as it should.

Jake_LHX

Jan 9, 2020
This is for front and back

My fronts fit without any clips (Team Heko)

The backs required two clips each side. The clips go into the recess where the window will wind up into, with the sharp bit facing the fabric in the door so it digs in and doesn't come loose.

What brand are you using?

ray

Jan 7, 2016
I use heko ones, the rears I needed clips for the fronts are ok.

Are you using the clips properly? See the following video, I didn’t think there would really be a way for them not to sit tight in there, mines once pushed haven’t moved in a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MH0

Aug 7, 2019
I use heko ones, the tears I needed clips for the fronts are ok.

Are you using the clips properly? See the following video, I didn’t think there would really be a way for them not to sit tight in there, mines once pushed haven’t moved in a year.

I've got Teamheko also. I'll give it another try tonight, I'm thinking of using double sided tape but have a feeling that will lose its stickiness and come off anyways while driving.

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Use the clips like in the video, I wasn’t sure when I first got them how they would work but this way creates the pressure to make them tight.

The heko fit on my partners new civic was poor (seemed to be at least 1cm too short) but the clips still held them in. Eventually got refunded due to the poor fit but they’re in and haven’t moved lol.

Sword

Apr 22, 2019
Winchester
Yh, I had a ford previously and I had no issue at all. But the clips isn't even the issue. Even without the clips, it is extremely loose. The clips just seem useless as it doesn't even fit into the seals as it should.

Mmm sounds like it's not manufactured correctly, get a refund I would say and get a different make.

They should be tight to squeeze in on the first fit.

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Mmm sounds like it's not manufactured correctly, get a refund I would say and get a different make.

They should be tight to squeeze in on the first fit.

Every set I’ve had hasn’t fitted perfect on every window, have had heko deflectors in my last 4 cars and the mrs current car.

Usually the driver side fits perfect and the passenger is slightly smaller somehow. They are relatively cheap, I complained once and got a brand new set which was exactly the same.

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
I've got Teamheko also. I'll give it another try tonight, I'm thinking of using double sided tape but have a feeling that will lose its stickiness and come off anyways while driving.

My HEKO ones had a thin bit of double sided already on them.. Also my dad had some spare clips so i put some extra ones on each and mine are fine.