Buffering scratches out

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
Just wondering how to get scratches out of my window ?

pictures below is my passenger side but my driver side has a couple on too, shows worse when the sun is glaring through.

59975B48-D1F1-416A-96C0-EF608FC432DF.jpeg
0FC39A94-F23D-40B3-A916-5BF9B46B902C.jpeg

I’m off work next week, so Im going to have an attempt at getting them out. Theyre not deep just seem to be fine long scratches.

cheers

Last edited:

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Cerium oxide glass polish and a glass polishing pad, and either a machine polisher or a strong arm as it takes some time by hand

Reactions: Tivver500

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
wiping the window with a ring on

mine is the same, literally takes nothing to scratch them

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
Mine too. Never had this on any other car; SEAT must have a special supply of extra soft glass .......

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
Cheers guys I don’t wear a ring either tbh.
Sorry for the crappy spelling and not making sense in the original post, I was in a rush for work...

going have a go with a pad before buying a tool

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Cerium oxide glass polish and a glass polishing pad, and either a machine polisher or a strong arm as it takes some time by hand
^ this

I have noticed the glass appears quite soft. My rear glass has some scratches on it already and I am extremely careful!

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
haha cheers for that
As above machine orbital polisher is best as glass is hard work but if it’s scratched that easy then perhaps won’t be that difficult by hand haha.

Just remember circular motions and depending how abrasive the first compound is you use you’ll probably want a smoother polishing compound after to clean it up or a light hand.

If you use a machine just be careful to make sure you move around the glass and don’t overheat it in one spot or you might not have any scratches to worry about (que a quick call to window replacement company haha).

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wilkesy

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I don’t think I’d attempt to polish out glass scratches by hand - IMO far too much like hard work, and the results might be disappointing (i.e. the chances are, the scratches will still be visible).

Probably not so much of an issue on side windows, but I’ve read on other forums that polishing scratches out on the windscreen can cause optical distortions if polishing for too long, or with too much pressure, or with too abrasive a compound in the affected area.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.