Problems after driving through flood water

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Because they're now very noisy after going through the water
look at the discs probably just build up of rust on the discs, few sharp stops on the brakes they will be back to normal.
My car sits all week so I get this every time I drive it at the weekend

Reactions: gaza1994

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
yea - this is our 3rd storm (2nd flood) in the space of 7 days! its crazy - an entire side of a building collapsed into the river the 1st time!
and yea, im gnna check the filter tomorrow, gnna remove the spark plugs to see if they are moist
As for a service, bought the car less than a month ago and it was serviced then, but after ive checked everything, will get it booked into a garage to get the oil drained and filled
Provided its nothing to major, will get them to strip the brakes and clean them as well as i was picking a lot of shite out from the visible bits
I just dont seem to have much luck with cars ha!
I feel so sorry for the communities affected by these floods!
I doubt very much if water got into your oil, the only way in is through the air intake and unless the air filter has been torn apart then it's unlikely to have entered the engine. Also water does not compress so if any appreciable amount entered the cylinders it would do some damage I would think.

cupra14

Aug 31, 2017
England
update, cleared all the codes - took it for an hour drive, got it up to temperature etc

Engine still sounds kinda rickety BUT no EML (not that that showed to being with) or codes have came back

Those OBD codes normally need to occur twice, in successive warm ups (providing you don't do a code clear). So, OK so far (and hopefully will remain that way).

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.