MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
I received an email today with an update that my dealer has advised a slight delay in shipment of my car due to the adverse weather conditions. If I’m honest I didn’t even know the car was built! Was expecting to wait until April/May anyway so any sooner is a bonus.

Madmick

Mar 6, 2019
Thank you for the informative response, mine is at the York branch now and the earliest the could get it to me was the 26th of Feb but thought might aswell wait till the week after but delivery slots have booked up fast hence the wait until the 5th of March.

I was in 2 minds whether to go pick up the car, but thought might aswell have a free bit of bedding the car in since I heard the exhaust needs a couple of miles to warm up. Can anyone vouch for the that?

Hopefully it's not raining on the day of delivery and I'll go over it with a fine tooth comb!
Mine came up from Cardiff had 300miles on and when exhaust was hot was pretty noisy now it has 11k on and sounds nice and still no res delete.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
Last week I ordered a 300 st Cupra dsg. Pretty much given them away on lease deals. Been told 1st March delivery. This will be my 5th cupra. 3 mk 1’s a 180, and 2 R’s. 225 still best car I’ve ever driven. Mk 2 one I never really bonded with despite being specced out. That got stolen in 2010 so was put off. Eagerly awaiting 1st March now.. Btw does anyone have any experience of purchasing a car after a lease? What are the deals like?

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Last week I ordered a 300 st Cupra dsg. Pretty much given them away on lease deals. Been told 1st March delivery. This will be my 5th cupra. 3 mk 1’s a 180, and 2 R’s. 225 still best car I’ve ever driven. Mk 2 one I never really bonded with despite being specced out. That got stolen in 2010 so was put off. Eagerly awaiting 1st March now.. Btw does anyone have any experience of purchasing a car after a lease? What are the deals like?
Usually worse than if you'd just bought it in the first place and that's even if they even let you buy it.
To get an idea you can buy a brand new 300 ST 4 drive for around £24k now the new model is imminent. So take off your lease costs and look at 2/3 year old versions with similar mileage to your lease terms on Autotrader. If the cars on Autotrader are more expensive then you're most likely better off just buying outright if you plan on long term ownership. If they are cheaper then it might be worth doing at the end of the contract if they let you.

Last edited:

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
Usually worse than if you'd just bought it in the first place and that's even if they even let you buy it.
Yes I had heard that. Oh well suppose I’ll just launch control it at every set of lights for next 2 years.

Reactions: ray

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Yes I had heard that. Oh well suppose I’ll just launch control it at every set of lights for next 2 years.
I've added more detail. If your lease is proper decent it may still be worthwhile of the lease company let you.

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
I've added more detail. If your lease is proper decent it may still be worthwhile of the lease company let you.
Cheers. I guess they will depreciate quite sharply due to new model. Like the idea of owning at the end but then again it’s a bog standard one with no options so will prob be bored with it. Highly doubt I’ll be able to lease another at the end of term (£237 a month) so yes maybe buy a specced out lux- which will probably be an ex lease. Just do t know how they’ve been driven (likely been hammered)

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Cheers. I guess they will depreciate quite sharply due to new model. Like the idea of owning at the end but then again it’s a bog standard one with no options so will prob be bored with it. Highly doubt I’ll be able to lease another at the end of term (£237 a month) so yes maybe buy a specced out lux- which will probably be an ex lease. Just do t know how they’ve been driven (likely been hammered)
Im on a PCP deal but the finance cost over the 4 years actually only adds about £1300, and that's if I decide to buy it at the end. I don't yet know if i want to keep it what with the legislation on combustion engines seemingly changing daily so will be nice to just walk away from the deal without having made a loss.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Im on a PCP deal but the finance cost over the 4 years actually only adds about £1300, and that's if I decide to buy it at the end. I don't yet know if i want to keep it what with the legislation on combustion engines seemingly changing daily so will be nice to just walk away from the deal without having made a loss.
I'm full on invested in mine haha. But I'm not tied to anything so could technically sell now for what I bought it for and have had 8 months driving for the cost of insurance and fuel. I'm not going to do that though as love the car to bits. Although they have dropped in 2nd hand value quite a bit in the last month with the reveal of the MK4 , around £2k. So nearly new Lux's are selling for £23-24k. Still amazes me 2nd hand is more than new.

Reactions: Tivver500

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
Le
Leasing mine over the 2 years is about £7.5k which is a lot of dead money but of bought new and sold at 2 years the depreciation would be considerably more I’d guess. Anyway really looking forward to it never had a Awd or DSG before. Just hope the delivery date is right. Perhaps stupidly I’ve already paid the broker his fee

LevoForest

May 9, 2017
Nottingham
I'm full on invested in mine haha. But I'm not tied to anything so could technically sell now for what I bought it for and have had 8 months driving for the cost of insurance and fuel. I'm not going to do that though as love the car to bits. Although they have dropped in 2nd hand value quite a bit in the last month with the reveal of the MK4 , around £2k. So nearly new Lux's are selling for £23-24k
Rich man tho you Kirky

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
So just had an update from the dealers, apparently they're still saying April delivery, despite them also confirmed the car has been at Barcelona port since the 10th of Feb, that seems a massive wait for shipping to me?

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
So just had an update from the dealers, apparently they're still saying April delivery, despite them also confirmed the car has been at Barcelona port since the 10th of Feb, that seems a massive wait for shipping to me?
If it is at port 10th feb, it will likely be on one of the ships docking in Barcelona this wek or next week. It will be in the UK early March. A week to the dealers, and then a week for you to get your finance docments sorted. Mid to late march would be your earliest chance of delivery I reckon. They are probably saying April to cover their backs.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Only joking mate, yeah I've leased because I want a new car every 3 years but will probably end up with a company car next time around so thought I'd treat Myself
Same. I'll probably never be in the situation to buy a car like this again so thought I'd treat myself.

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
Same. I'll probably never be in the situation to buy a car like this again so thought I'd treat myself.
Having had loads of company cars this'll be the second new car I've bought since 'passing' retirement age.....
I'm now SKIing (Spending the Kids Inheritance - LOL).
Looking forward to enjoying it before I get too old to drive.... (still keeping the TVR and a Tiger 800) :coolthumb

Go for it while you're young enough!!!

Reactions: Kirky
Feb 12, 2020
I also ordered a Cupra ST 300 4drive on a lease deal (Magnetic Grey after a lot of deliberation between that and the Mystery Blue - still unsure if I chose the best colour). I didn't add any options as it was stock and I didn't go Lux as car theft is rife where I live so I don't want to make it even easier for the crooks!

Anyway, I've been monitoring deals over the past 6 months or more off and on and the deals are so much better now than they have been over that period. I've never owned a Cupra or a DSG before so I'm rather excited. In terms of delivery though I'm being told roughly mid-March (it was in stock but not in the UK when I ordered it a week or so ago). The lease is through a Seat dealer (although found it online) but I was surprised as they are paying a 'deposit contribution' towards it and there are no fees, which combine to make it a lot cheaper I think. They are essentially paying the equivalent of 3 months worth of payments but I've essentially signed up for a 1+35 deal.

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I also ordered a Cupra ST 300 4drive on a lease deal (Magnetic Grey after a lot of deliberation between that and the Mystery Blue - still unsure if I chose the best colour). I didn't add any options as it was stock and I didn't go Lux as car theft is rife where I live so I don't want to make it even easier for the crooks!

Anyway, I've been monitoring deals over the past 6 months or more off and on and the deals are so much better now than they have been over that period. I've never owned a Cupra or a DSG before so I'm rather excited. In terms of delivery though I'm being told roughly mid-March (it was in stock but not in the UK when I ordered it a week or so ago). The lease is through a Seat dealer (although found it online) but I was surprised as they are paying a 'deposit contribution' towards it and there are no fees, which combine to make it a lot cheaper I think. They are essentially paying the equivalent of 3 months worth of payments but I've essentially signed up for a 1+35 deal.
Interesting, the deals i've been looking at have actually gone up in price. Not sure why.