BRAKE PEDAL VIBRATION

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Comes and goes at high speeds seems worse full tank and laden as well it might if it adjusts for load or laden.
Not from front as steering is fine just the pedal [like abs cutting in on older cars]

I did have the isue of rear pads stuck to the discs at Christmas. Cleaned off the outer face but inside [cannot easily see to much work at the moment] may still have pad material on it.

What suggestions. Going to try and get it cleaned off by garage.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Needs stripped and cleaned at the least, I would have a set of pads on standby just in case to save having to do the job twice.

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Well cost was £150 for just over 1-1/2 hours labour. Strip down of rear brakes. Lumps on back of disc of pad material removed,
Cleaned, reassured pads okay.

Will monitor.
I was not getting steering wobbles like old fashioned warped discs, just the Hi Freq brake pedal vibration. Like old slow ABS.

Easy to see why from the discs when they showed me. Not replacing anything as the mileage is only 3k.

Thanks for the great feedback as usual guys.

Reactions: GeoffGeoff

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Owch, glad i do jobs like brakes myself wouldnt of been far away from the cost of new discs and pads for the rear at £150

really easy job too

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Mmm, if there was ‘lumps’ of brake material on the discs that means the rear pads are missing ‘lumps’, I’d keep an eye on brake performance , £150 for 1.5 hours is £80p/hour +vat, not the dearest rate I’ve seen but 1.5 hours for the job seems a bit tardy?
I would have billed that for pad/disc replacement all round.

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Thanks Martin.
I was not sure except he had to clean the discs with Emery cloth as well.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
On an older car with manual handbrake would of been able to put the handbrake on a couple of clicks and drive a short distance and they would of cleaned themselves up. Slight drawback to electronic handbrakes

Reactions: Polly
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.