LCR cats

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
I’ve just bought a 2004 LCR and it has a decat system. Now the MOT is up I’m trying to find a new exhaust with a cat (old one is a custom job).

My question is what is everyone using for cats and any recommendations
7f2dcd3c2ea750e1af3003ccb13fcbd3.jpg
on where to get one from as all the second hand systems are decats!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
You could get a sports cat welded in , 200 Cell high flow for around £100 or drop Thai Wronghorse a message as he breaks LCR's and may have something suitable.

Reactions: Scotty_b

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
You could get a sports cat welded in , 200 Cell high flow for around £100 or drop Thai Wronghorse a message as he breaks LCR's and may have something suitable.

Any suggestions where to look as all quotes have come back at around £300!

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Looks like the better option, what are these like for longevity and getting it through the mot? My last 200 cell (back in 2010 when I had my old LCR) was brand new and only just scrapped through!

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
From what I understand these are very high quality and shouldn't be an issue for meeting UK emission regulations.
I've been reading into aftermarket cats pretty extensively over the past couple of months and these definitely seem like the brand of choice when weighing up performance, build quality, effectiveness and value for money.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
From what I understand these are very high quality and shouldn't be an issue for meeting UK emission regulations.
I've been reading into aftermarket cats pretty extensively over the past couple of months and these definitely seem like the brand of choice when weighing up performance, build quality, effectiveness and value for money.

Cheers mate, I’ve managed to track down an exhaust system to buy (as mine currently has the stock DP) so will order one as soon as I measure to make sure it’s 3inch!

Was the link a good place to buy from or just a random place you found?

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
The link I added was obviously to eBay but the seller, Nemesis is in fact the UK distributor of Magnaflow products.
I've spoken to them directly a few times and they're very helpful and informative.
I also enquired about purchasing a 100 cpsi version but they don't keep them in stock and are only ordered into the UK on bulk orders.
Apparently the demand for them in this country is too low to warrant the stock and they're far too borderline to meeting our emissions levels.

Also worth noting is that if you ask nicely they will give you a little bit of discount.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
To add to this im purchasing one of these Magnaflow cats for my custom exhaust to go in as its currently decatted and the fumes are unbearable.

Anyone had any MOT issues? My pipe bender told me they're not guaranteed pass on emissions.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
To add to this im purchasing one of these Magnaflow cats for my custom exhaust to go in as its currently decatted and the fumes are unbearable.

Anyone had any MOT issues? My pipe bender told me they're not guaranteed pass on emissions.

My last one (was a different brand) failed its mot so they are not 100%. Took several attempts to get it through.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
My last one (was a different brand) failed its mot so they are not 100%. Took several attempts to get it through.

Thanks for the reply. What did you have to do to get it passed, try different cats?

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
A terra clean and left the tester to it...

I've seen terraclean mentioned couple times recently, sorry to probe you so much but how'd you go about getting one done? Is it an at home job or take to garage? My LC has nearly 100k on the clock and wasnt maintained too well before i had it so im sure itd benefit lol

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
I've seen terraclean mentioned couple times recently, sorry to probe you so much but how'd you go about getting one done? Is it an at home job or take to garage? My LC has nearly 100k on the clock and wasnt maintained too well before i had it so im sure itd benefit lol

At the time I found a garage that did it but you can get it done at home now. It was over 5 years ago so I’m sure they have improved it since then.

Reactions: Connor H
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members