ECO/ACT Activation

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
If you use cruse control the ACT will activate a lot more often.
I use cruise most of the time but it really doesn’t seem to kick in very often...maybe coz I have the puny 130 and 750cc and half power isn’t enough for much more than literally coasting...I tried again tonight and literally resting my foot on the pedal deactivates it.

Definitely working as the consumption gauge does indeed jump up massively from 40ish mpg to well over 100mpg and occasionally over 300mpg but only for a brief second.

I’m sure it’s right as can’t see it being different to others i was just expecting it to be in ACT/CoD mode until you really called for the power...not just tickled the throttle.

still getting average 39mph on my daily commute which is only 5 less than my previous first so pretty happy considering it’s petrol.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I use cruise most of the time but it really doesn’t seem to kick in very often...maybe coz I have the puny 130 and 750cc and half power isn’t enough for much more than literally coasting...I tried again tonight and literally resting my foot on the pedal deactivates it.

Definitely working as the consumption gauge does indeed jump up massively from 40ish mpg to well over 100mpg and occasionally over 300mpg but only for a brief second.

I’m sure it’s right as can’t see it being different to others i was just expecting it to be in ACT/CoD mode until you really called for the power...not just tickled the throttle.

still getting average 39mph on my daily commute which is only 5 less than my previous first so pretty happy considering it’s petrol.
Thats normal my 1.5tsi 130 is the same, touch throttle and its off, only really goes into 2cyl mode when going down a hill / dead flat with no wind

Reactions: GeoffGeoff

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
My 1.4 150 seems to spend a lot of time in ECO mode, cruising at any speed, but I read there is an engine load threshold at which it will switch back to four cylinders - so it's entirely dependant on driving style, wind, rolling resistance etc etc.

Overall the mpg improvement is minor, 5% or so, but over the lifetime of the car I suppose the difference becomes more significant.

Last edited:

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
Thats normal my 1.5tsi 130 is the same, touch throttle and its off, only really goes into 2cyl mode when going down a hill / dead flat with no wind
Ahhh that’s comforting to know then...I assumed it wouldn’t just be me but I just wanted to check how others worked as I just assumed it would be in eco much more than it is...a shame the threshold is so low but I imagine SEAT / VWAG know what they’re doing better with the parameters than I could ever begin to imagine haha (then again....) :lol:

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Mine was in for first annual service today and borrowed a FR 150 DSG. Eco was definitely active more often than my 130 manual on light acceleration/load.

Reactions: GeoffGeoff

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
And maybe next time (as my wife nagged after buying this)...should have got an automatic.
I tried the DSG (in 2.0 form) and it was very nice but I still prefer a manual, but yes in this instance it might have proven the better option.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise