B1gM477

Feb 19, 2020
Hi folks,

I have a 2002 Leon cupra 1.8 20vt (AUQ), and the driver seat has now broken for the third time... Mot is due middle March.

As the bolster is badly worn too, I thought I'd get a new seat..
Failing to find one the same, whilst perusing eBay.
I came across a full leather interior set, including front/rear seats and four door cards, for 120quid, all in pretty amazing condition..
I rang the local Seat Dealership (same I bought car from originally). To ask if the wiring for electric seats would be there. They suggested the wiring loom would be in there.... I asked this morning at my local garage(not dealership, but good chaps and cheaper), if they could have a look in there for them, whilst they were working on it to fix a leaky door!.
Also asked them to fit the two passenger side door cards..
Problems start there.... Apparently, although the cards look the same shape, the mount points are different... And they didn't wanna go drilling holes, which is fair enough... They also couldn't find any wires/plugs for electric front seats, which is a bugger......

If anyone has done this kinda task before or knows someone who has, maybe a guide or such. I'd be most grateful.
To be honest, if anyone has any ideas at all about this hole I'm digging myself into, I'd be grateful too..

Think I've opened a right can of worms...

Reactions: GeoffGeoff

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
Hi folks,

I have a 2002 Leon cupra 1.8 20vt (AUQ), and the driver seat has now broken for the third time... Mot is due middle March.

As the bolster is badly worn too, I thought I'd get a new seat..
Failing to find one the same, whilst perusing eBay.
I came across a full leather interior set, including front/rear seats and four door cards, for 120quid, all in pretty amazing condition..
I rang the local Seat Dealership (same I bought car from originally). To ask if the wiring for electric seats would be there. They suggested the wiring loom would be in there.... I asked this morning at my local garage(not dealership, but good chaps and cheaper), if they could have a look in there for them, whilst they were working on it to fix a leaky door!.
Also asked them to fit the two passenger side door cards..
Problems start there.... Apparently, although the cards look the same shape, the mount points are different... And they didn't wanna go drilling holes, which is fair enough... They also couldn't find any wires/plugs for electric front seats, which is a bugger......

If anyone has done this kinda task before or knows someone who has, maybe a guide or such. I'd be most grateful.
To be honest, if anyone has any ideas at all about this hole I'm digging myself into, I'd be grateful too..

Think I've opened a right can of worms...
I see you beat me to it ;)

I’m sure one of the veterans will be able to help more than my post in your intro section.

All the best.

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Ok first of all, are the donor seats from a mk1 Leon or mk2 Toledo?

If your car wasn't equipped with heated or electrically operated seats from the factory it will not have the loom already placed inside the car awaiting use.

The issue regarding the door card fitment is somewhat baffling as all of the mk1 Leon and mk2 Toledo doors are the same across the range which makes me think this interior is maybe from a mk4 Golf or Bora?
Do you have any pictures available?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: GeoffGeoff

B1gM477

Feb 19, 2020
Thanks for replying peeps...

What would you like pictures of..... Insides of door cards and the bottoms of the front seats?? Or as many pictures as possible? Lol

B1gM477

Feb 19, 2020
Hi there folks, sorry for late reply...

What with the weather it's been difficult to get pictures of everything, I have a couple of pics of the inside of 2 door cards (NSFandR). I will upload pics of the rest on Saturday. Hope this helps for starters.
IMG_20200220_115615.jpg
IMG_20200220_115609.jpg

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Did you get pics of the other side of the door cards?

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Well they look right so I'm not sure why you're having fitment issues?

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I'll get some pics of the spares I have here in a little while so you can compare the mounting points which should all be the same

B1gM477

Feb 19, 2020
No worries, thanks mate
The guys at the garage said the mount points didn't line up...

Ive been thinking I might be able to make something with the 3d printer that would 'fix' things! Lol...

It'll be a shame if they don't go in....

I'm thinking I might just weld up the broke. Drivers seat n flog the set on again if needs be....
As I've seen a nice VW transporter for sale...

Wondering if I can handle the outlay at the moment..

I wait to hear from you though and thanks again..

B1gM477

Feb 19, 2020
Just trying to compare the front one(scroll up, scroll down, scroll up again! Lol). And it looks the same.... Can't see what there issue was, unless they just didn't want the hassle of the job?

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I've had at least 30 mk1 Leon's and I've never seen or heard of any other different fitting door cards.

B1gM477

Feb 19, 2020
Oh... Fair enough then... I'll get you some more pics this weekend anyway. I think I got a good deal whatever.

B1gM477

Feb 19, 2020
Thanks, i did see a guide linked here.... I'll have another look for it... Can't see it now for some reason... I have a couple of pics of the bottoms of the front seats, if anyone wants to see? Plus the seats themselves..
Beginning to wonder if I boobed by buying them and should have just fixed the driver's seat instead... Then put money towards a new motor instead.. pics in next post...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.