Attending a Trackday?

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
Morning all, just waiting on my new Bucket seat to arrive (and the warmer weather) then funds willing should be out on track in March / April.

Both Red cars looking good but are O'h so common :)

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Morning all, just waiting on my new Bucket seat to arrive (and the warmer weather) then funds willing should be out on track in March / April.

Both Red cars looking good but are O'h so common :)

Let us know what you’re booking. I may have to join you.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Reactions: vwtrev

JackB

Jan 18, 2020
I'm thinking about booking Blyton Park 29th Feb if anyone else fancies joining in. Would be my first track day.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Fozzy84

Apr 23, 2012
Nice what’s the rough spec at present? We always want more power.
Are you forged? LSD?

Car is stage 2, tuned by JBS in Chesterfield. Runs 286bhp / 320ft lbs. been running this way for a few years. Does 6/8 track days per year and always driven hard.. fingers crossed the reliability continues as it’s only let me down once in almost 7 years of ownership.

I do bits as funds allow.

Runs AP coilovers. H&R ARB’s. Polybushed front arms. Silver project top mounts allowing -2.6 degrees of camber. Yoko AD08r’s. TD 1.2’s in bronze. Semi stripped interior with bucket seats and a dished steering wheel.

Spent a lot on maintenance incl tyres, brakes, servicing etc. Maybe that’s why it’s reliable as it gets fresh oil every 2nd track day.

Future mods will be forged engine, aiming for 350/400bhp, cage, big brake upgrade, & an LSD.

Reactions: Nizza

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
My next track day is gonna be Donington on April 20th, evening session.

Car sounds good.
I’m quite keen to do Donnington this year.
That’s a fair bit of torque going on there.
Squeaky bum time when in 6th gear then.

Fozzy84

Apr 23, 2012
Car sounds good.
I’m quite keen to do Donnington this year.
That’s a fair bit of torque going on there.
Squeaky bum time when in 6th gear then.

Yeah I know there’s talk about torque figures. The car is mapped for progressive power, and I don’t get into 6th unless I’m cruising along.. most tracks I don’t get out of 5th either.
When the engine goes i’ll Either drop a TFSI in and go stage 2+ or forge and big power a 1.8t

Reactions: Sparkie

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Yeah I know there’s talk about torque figures. The car is mapped for progressive power, and I don’t get into 6th unless I’m cruising along.. most tracks I don’t get out of 5th either.
When the engine goes i’ll Either drop a TFSI in and go stage 2+ or forge and big power a 1.8t

Yup most straits aren’t long enough.
Bedford is the only one I can think of. Oh and snetterton Bentley strait. Hit sixth there too.

Nizza

May 17, 2019
Anyone know where to get the pad holders for the brembos?? Got a broken one and trying to get it ready for cadwell at weekend
9c76cd09e432fd8e769617bada8e1ad9.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

JackB

Jan 18, 2020
maybe call Brembo up with the part number?

Just booked a cancellation place for Oulton Park on Saturday! Hype. First track day.

Nizza

May 17, 2019
Cadwell.... Very wet but uni royals sorting it out!! Taking it steady now got rid of the abs....
e92f85f3e2e582600fd4fa80dbf1590b.jpg

Reactions: Sparkie

JackB

Jan 18, 2020
Oulton was wet at the start but quickly dried out, my first track day, was an absolute blast. A pretty much stock Mk3 Cupra can really hustle around a track... looking forward to doing more.

Reactions: Nizza and Sparkie

Nizza

May 17, 2019
Pretty much same at cadwell

That new suspension is amazing. What a set up absolutely pinned it all afternoon and the car was amazing.

People commenting how surprised they were at the car and how well it looked and handles out on track.

Did some passenger laps and impressed some people at the braking force and cornering speed.

Removing the abs was a good move and really dialled the brakes in.

All in all a great day.

Reactions: JackB

JackB

Jan 18, 2020
Sounds great - your car looks really clean/tidy. Got any more days planned? I will hopefully be getting another day booked in April, before I go Nurburgring in May.

March is a month of modding the car for me :D.

Nizza

May 17, 2019
Thanks,

It's not too bad for an old girl

Yeah there's some more planned like light weight wheels and maybe some fibreglass stuff and maybe some more engine work to squeeze the last few ponies out or make the power to weight as favourable as possible.

There's a few of us that go on track days. Going to try and get booked Don for the afternoon at Donnington Park on the 13th March.

Will be looking to book Oulton Park in April / may anf got a trip to zandvoort and the ring in July

Reactions: JackB

Nizza

May 17, 2019
Oulton was wet at the start but quickly dried out, my first track day, was an absolute blast. A pretty much stock Mk3 Cupra can really hustle around a track... looking forward to doing more.
What have you done jack / planning to your car?

JackB

Jan 18, 2020
I have full detail to date in my readers ride thread, but the short summary for performance so far is an aftermarket Intake, turbo muffler delete and Audi RS3 brake cooling ducts.

So it did the track day yesterday on OE Pads, discs, oil, fluid, tyres etc etc.

In the pipeline:
  • Lightweight 18in wheels and PS4S Tyres
  • Braided brake lines, Quality brake fluid and better (but still road suitable) brake pads
  • Stiffer lower engine mount
  • Intercooler
  • Turbo back exhaust
  • Remap
The car is my daily, so not going to be stripping the interior out or anything like that, guessing yours is more dedicated to fun/track?

Reactions: Nizza
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.