Mk3 leon front led indicator issue

Feb 21, 2020
Hi guys,
Driving ymcar yesterday and front passenger indicator stopped working. Warning light cam on dash telling me so. Indicators flash faster like the bul is out when i signal left.
I thought it would be a 50p bulb but car has the led headlights. So bulb cant be replaced.
However when i look at indicator it does work but its very very dim.
Any ideas?
Seat want 80quid just to diagnose.
Screenshot_20200221-135743_Video Player.jpg

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
These headlights are a self contained unit, so I don't think you can replace the LED bulb individually without breaking the seal and voiding the waranty. You should be able to see what the issue is using carista or OBD11.

If the bulb is still lit, it could be a connection issue rather than the bulb itself.

Feb 21, 2020
Ya might be right, drove it to work this morning and its working fine. Guess il just wait to see if it happens again.

Steve J

May 26, 2019
I know there's a recall out for mk3 leon indicators not working or something but not sure if it's facelifts only

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I would disconnect the headlight and get some connector protector (dielectric grease) and smother the plug in it, could be dampness / water in the electrical connection to the headlight. Especially with the weather thats been about recently

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.