Front Assist Radar and MOT's...

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Hi Guys & Gals,
Just quick question really for anyone who knows MOT rules better than me, my front assist radar needs re-calibrating. As a result, the dash displays the orange '!' triangle. The car is due it's first MOT in March and I'm unsure as to whether it is going to fail as a result.

If it is, I'm pretty sure I can solve the problem via a friendly MOT tester, but just looking to see if anyone has any input on the subject.

In an unrelated note, VW seems to have jacked up their prices for doing the re-calibration as when it went wrong last year they quoted £175 and now they want over £300!! Scam artists!

Cheers,
Lozzy

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Hi Guys & Gals,
Just quick question really for anyone who knows MOT rules better than me, my front assist radar needs re-calibrating. As a result, the dash displays the orange '!' triangle. The car is due it's first MOT in March and I'm unsure as to whether it is going to fail as a result.

If it is, I'm pretty sure I can solve the problem via a friendly MOT tester, but just looking to see if anyone has any input on the subject.

In an unrelated note, VW seems to have jacked up their prices for doing the re-calibration as when it went wrong last year they quoted £175 and now they want over £300!! Scam artists!

Cheers,
Lozzy
You can recalibrate free of charge.i wrote here few times just somehow no one care.
I can tell you if need just pm me.
And yes I believe will fail as safety problem.

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
You can recalibrate free of charge.i wrote here few times just somehow no one care.
I can tell you if need just pm me.
And yes I believe will fail as safety problem.

I have seen you post about this before, I have also tried to sort it with VCDS but it doesn't work. It always comes back. I also sent the car into SEAT themselves who said they couldn't clear it and it needs to calibrated. I'll certainly have another dig about in VCDS though.

Unfortunately with the new rules - any warning light on the dash during the MOT will get a fail.
Yeah I figured as much. Thanks for the reply.

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
I have seen you post about this before, I have also tried to sort it with VCDS but it doesn't work. It always comes back. I also sent the car into SEAT themselves who said they couldn't clear it and it needs to calibrated. I'll certainly have another dig about in VCDS though.

Yeah I figured as much. Thanks for the reply.
Did you drive on motorway?i tried 3x times and worked after good 10-20 miles motorway drive.just city drive came back after few miles.
Somehow self calibrate.
And just genuine vagcom give you security code for that modul.after i think was basic settings on sensor,
Clear the fault code not enough.

Thats sensors useless on new cupra too.parkpilot slam on brake when the curb 1 meter away.sometimes same on reverse.

Last edited:

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Did you drive on motorway?i tried 3x times and worked after good 10-20 miles motorway drive.just city drive came back after few miles.
Somehow self calibrate.
And just genuine vagcom give you security code for that modul.after i think was basic settings on sensor,
Clear the fault code not enough.

Thats sensors useless on new cupra too.parkpilot slam on brake when the curb 1 meter away.sometimes same on reverse.
Sound like you have a genuine issue with your sensors. I park up against my garage in both directions and leave just mm of distance. Never had the emergency brake kick in.

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Sound like you have a genuine issue with your sensors. I park up against my garage in both directions and leave just mm of distance. Never had the emergency brake kick in.
Yours fitted with parkpilot and front sensors in bumper? If not,not stop the car the distance sensor itself.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Yours fitted with parkpilot and front sensors in bumper? If not,not stop the car the distance sensor itself.
Yeah. It has front and rear sensors and park pilot with emergency stop activated in the parking settings.
It's a 2019 Cupra. It's never auto braked since getting the car. It has displayed the distance too close warning on the dashboard though.

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Yeah. It has front and rear sensors and park pilot with emergency stop activated in the parking settings.
It's a 2019 Cupra. It's never auto braked since getting the car. It has displayed the distance too close warning on the dashboard though.
Have to stop the car this how designed. But cant handle well road level difference. Previous leon emergency brake was same stupid however i drive close to cars. Human brain bit better than sensors so hopefully they dont let future self driving use just these sensors.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Hum, my older daughter was commenting on that yesterday, it happens now when she is reverse parking - so bad the first time that she stopped and got out and see what she had damaged/hit, as usual, nothing! Quite a lot of comments about this in other forums, maybe latest VW Polo ones!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.