MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I heard from the leasing company and all they can tell me is it’s built and will be delivered wc 02/03. Some of these posts leave me sceptical o only ordered it a week ago. On an off topic does anyone know of the std cupra comes with the Led interior lighting. Brochure says no website site yes. Also it states that it has media plus. Does this mean the nav can be on dash as well as screen. I was that it was only available on nav plus, yet can’t find it listed. It does say that the nav has 3D maps ( is this the plus) finally it says there are no speed cameras on the NAV. Seriously? I’ve read that it can be done though through coding the unit. How easy is it?
Std Cupra has LED interior lighting.
The sat nav cannot be updated with speed cameras as it's the WiFi model and it has a bug that doesn't allow speed cams to be loaded as POIs. The bug hasn't been fixed and probably never will. It's the standard MIB 2 unit with WiFi so you can either have the map on the main screen or the cockpit screen but not both. You can have it in 3d though.

Plus side is that the nav system is super easy to update. You just download the latest map files and keep 1 file from the original contents of your SD card. There's a procedure in this Forum somewhere by @Tell. Can't do this on the Nav High as far as I'm aware.

Last edited:

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
I heard from the leasing company and all they can tell me is it’s built and will be delivered wc 02/03. Some of these posts leave me sceptical o only ordered it a week ago. On an off topic does anyone know of the std cupra comes with the Led interior lighting. Brochure says no website site yes. Also it states that it has media plus. Does this mean the nav can be on dash as well as screen. I was that it was only available on nav plus, yet can’t find it listed. It does say that the nav has 3D maps ( is this the plus) finally it says there are no speed cameras on the NAV. Seriously? I’ve read that it can be done though through coding the unit. How easy is it?
The nav is shocking I use google maps and annoyingly it can’t be put on the Dash only the built in nav can like wtf

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
Std Cupra has LED interior lighting.
The sat nav cannot be updated with speed cameras as it's the WiFi model and it has a bug that doesn't allow speed cams to be loaded as POIs. The bug hasn't been fixed and probably never will. It's the standard MIB 2 unit with WiFi so you can either have the map on the main screen or the cockpit screen but not both. You can have it in 3d though.
Thanks for the reply mate. Wow really surprised at that tbh. I take it has auto re route and traffic avoidance?

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Thanks for the reply mate. Wow really surprised at that tbh. I take it has auto re route and traffic avoidance?
Yes it does. You can also tell it the road is blocked/traffic for up to 10 miles and it will find an alternate route. I personally like the built in nav and use this all the time. I keep it updated with the latest files.

Reactions: Tivver500

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
The nav is shocking I use google maps and annoyingly it can’t be put on the Dash only the built in nav can like wtf
I come from that age of 'before sat-nag', when we sheets of paper called maps!!
Real fun trying to find a street location with a large scale map of Europe.....
Still not sure how we managed to find some places in the old Easter Bloc.....

Reactions: Kirky

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
When I'm on my motorbike I have to memorise the route in my head. I keep a pocket size waterproof map in my backpack and a little bit of paper with the road names in case I go wrong. I usually get lost at some point haha but always find the destination eventually.

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
When I'm on my motorbike I have to memorise the route in my head. I keep a pocket size waterproof map in my backpack and a little bit of paper with the road names in case I go wrong. I usually get lost at some point haha but always find the destination eventually.
Ha ha! I did the same.... Now I organise rides for the British Legion Riders and plot the route on laptop then transfer to a bike Garmin (which doesn't always play ball ).
Military background certainly helps though!

Reactions: Kirky

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
I oft wonder how i survived without Nav. I don’t think I ever got lost

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Ha ha! I did the same.... Now I organise rides for the British Legion Riders and plot the route on laptop then transfer to a bike Garmin (which doesn't always play ball ).
Military background certainly helps though!
I'm too tight to buy a bike specific GPS. I don't mind getting lost on the bike though as it sometimes results in finding some great roads. Other times some not so great roads.

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
Yes it does. You can also tell it the road is blocked/traffic for up to 10 miles and it will find an alternate route. I personally like the built in nav and use this all the time. I keep it updated with the latest files.
How is easy to update? Are the coding devices android only?

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
How is easy to update? Are the coding devices android only?
Super easy. You take out the SD card and put it into a laptop or PC and make a copy of its contents as backup. Then take the new files and put it onto the SD card. Copy the one file needed from the old files back onto the SD card. I can't remember the name of the file you need to keep. You can get the new map files from SEAT or VW's official websites.
As I said there is a guide on how to do it but no special equipment is needed. Just a laptop or PC that can read and write to SD cards.
It's as easy as that and free.

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
Super easy. You take out the SD card and put it into a laptop or PC and make a copy of its contents as backup. Then take the new files and put it onto the SD card. Copy the one file needed from the old files back onto the SD card. I can't remember the name of the file you need to keep. You can get the new map files from SEAT or VW's official websites.
As I said there is a guide on how to do it but no special equipment is needed. Just a laptop or PC that can read and write to SD cards.
It's as easy as that and free.
That’s brilliant! Thanks so much for the info. Had my car 4 years and never knew I could update the SD card.Will defo look at coding for the alarm blip and wing mirror fold. I’d ask you but seen there’s loads of useful info about on here

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
That’s brilliant! Thanks so much for the info. Had my car 4 years and never knew I could update the SD card.Will defo look at coding for the alarm blip and wing mirror fold. I’d ask you but seen there’s loads of useful info about on here
Wing mirror fold is in the standard car menu as I activated this straight away. They added it in late 2018 I believe and doesn't need coding.
Alarm blip needs coding.

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
That’s good news- as was main thing I wanted to do. Is the software needed all android Is there any iOS versions

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
My day nav has never avoided traffic or found better routes like google maps,maybe I needed an update but I used my Atecas the other day and was defo no where near as good as google maps but I guess it’s preference

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
My day nav has never avoided traffic or found better routes like google maps,maybe I needed an update but I used my Atecas the other day and was defo no where near as good as google maps but I guess it’s preference
Works incredibly well in Edinburgh for me. It relies on traffic reports to update itself so isn't updated by users like Google maps, so sometimes it may miss a newly developed traffic jam. Mine reroutes quite regularly to avoid the crap Edinburgh bypass. Waze is the way forward if you want the best navigation though through android auto. Much better than both Google maps and the car navigation. Strange as Google maps is powered by Waze but it seems to be a poorer implementation of it.

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
Confirmed this morning my Mystery Blue ST Lux is now sitting (somewhere...) on Sheerness dock :)
Just waiting for the dealer to organise transport to Southampton - hoping for a pleasant surprise that they've actually done it (just call me 'old & cynical'!!!).

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
Confirmed this morning my Mystery Blue ST Lux is now sitting (somewhere...) on Sheerness dock :)
Just waiting for the dealer to organise transport to Southampton - hoping for a pleasant surprise that they've actually done it (just call me 'old & cynical'!!!).
Ever the optimist....

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.