Replace plastic interior boot trim

Scotty76

Feb 4, 2020
I found a couple of guides on how to remove the trim but didn't see one about replacing it. I've been playing scrabble with ebay trying to find the right words to search for a replacement part but can't seem to turn anything up. Is the trim replaceable? Does anyone have a part number for this?

Car is a '65 plate Feb 2016 Connect edition. It's a 3 door so does that make it an SC?

The previous owner had a dog which has scratched the trim badly and I'm in the process of fixing what I can.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Your car will be an SC (Sports Coupe) as it is a 3 door.

Which part of trim do you need, is it one of the side trim panels or the part that covers the outer edge of the boot, ie where the hatch lock passes through, or the trim panel on the hatch?

Reactions: Scotty76

Scotty76

Feb 4, 2020
The trim that is the inside of the tailgate that covers the wiper motor etc. I'd assumed it would be one large part with a lot of devilish clips holding it on! Basically if you stand at the back of the car and look down the black plastic you can see just below the window is all scratched.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
The general form of that part number will be 6J# 867 601 # - now the first "#" you should get from your car's labelling or even VIN, ie what version of 6J it is - maybe even it is "6J4", the second "#" might even be "E".

The official SEAT description will be "rear lid trim cover" but using the search phrase "2016 SEAT IBIZA SC REAR HATCH TRIM PANEL" worked okay for me on Google.

Maybe before buying new or used on line, first ask your local SEAT dealership parts department for a price as sometimes it is not as expensive as you had imagined.

Edit:- these clips, at least on bigger ones like on a VW Polo, are more than just devilish!

Another Edit:- the version of 6J that car is is not in the VIN but on another stamped number on the car I think, my daughter's previous car was a late 2009 Ibiza SC and it was designated 6J1 if that helps at all, though a SEAT parts department would find the correct part number always.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scotty76

Scotty76

Feb 4, 2020
Thanks @RUM4MO and good suggestion about the dealers. Got Audi parts in the past that were much cheaper than the ebay price from the dealer.