Odd looking cupra for sale

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
It has been pranged - it’s a cat D. If you scroll down the eBay ad, under the ‘description’ it states;

Recorded as a cat d due to front bumper damage and side scrape. All professionally repaired. Runs and drives absolutely mint.

I wouldn’t call filling over the nearside headlamp washer a professional repair. I wonder what other corners were cut when it was repaired? One to avoid IMO.

Reactions: Damo H

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
It has been pranged - it’s a cat D. If you scroll down the eBay ad, under the ‘description’ it states;

Recorded as a cat d due to front bumper damage and side scrape. All professionally repaired. Runs and drives absolutely mint.

I wouldn’t call filling over the nearside headlamp washer a professional repair. I wonder what other corners were cut when it was repaired? One to avoid IMO.
I didnt even read the article to be fair just thought it looked odd.

what an absolutely shocking repair that is. If they have cut corners like that on what can be seen what other corners have they cut.

rather worrying, only worth scrap value that

Marko70

Jul 6, 2019
front bumper doesn't have sharp lines on repaired side like drivers side, lower lip section is not straight, overspray on grill. passenger door gap not true, and that's just from looking at a picture! in person you would spot all sorts...

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
If they have cut corners like that on what can be seen what other corners have they cut?

At least they are being honest about it being a write-off. There was a Leon FR for sale near me last year. I did an HPI check on it, cat-S, by the extent and nature of the damage it had obviously been rolled. I call the guy and he was far from honest about it. I mailed Gumtree twice and told them that the car was a write-off and it wasn't listed as such. They didn't reply and the listing stayed up. It was on Gumtree for ages so my guess is that eventualy some poor sod was caught out. Makes you sick.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Cat D repair so no VIC check required but i cannot see how the car will ever genuinely pass an MOT as headlight washers are a requirement to work if installed

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Been in an accident...mmmm, maybe there's another reason not to show the seat bases. :roflmao:

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I sent a message via eBay asking about lack of a headlight washers and if pictures of the car pre accident were available, no reply, shock? No not really.

Reactions: R45HU

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I sent a message via eBay asking about lack of a headlight washers and if pictures of the car pre accident were available, no reply, shock? No not really.
I reckon the solution si to get the other headlight washer "professionally repaired" *Cough* filled in *Cough*

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008

lets face it the car is an absolute banger and worth about 5k as it sits

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
eBay and Gumtree, who are owned by eBay, have a higher count of bent and shonky cars than other sales platforms. I assume because eBay could not care less about what is sold, as long as they're making money.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise