Bilstein

wilfster

Mar 6, 2010
Sorry for repeating what's in lots of other threads, but I'm still confused.
Is the Bilstein B4 a like-for-like replacement for original shocks on a Mk1 Cupra R? I thought the R shocks were different to the other Leons and I've been told the original shocks on the R are equivalent to the B6.

I don't want to do any upgrading or lowering, just OEM replacement. Clarification from somebody who knows, please.

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
I thought the B6 is for standard height and B8 is for lowered cars. Anything less than B6 would probably be a waste of cash I would have thought. B6 has got to be an upgrade from OE right?

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I run Bilstein B4 shocks and Eibach Pro springs on my LCR and they're a huge improvement over the factory Sachs units which are simply awful and massively under damped imo.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
I run Bilstein B4 shocks and Eibach Pro springs on my LCR and they're a huge improvement over the factory Sachs units which are simply awful and massively under damped imo.

Have you ever tried the B4 shocks with OE springs? I really want to upgrade my suspension but like the OP just don’t want to lower it.

Cupra321

Jan 18, 2017
Have you ever tried the B4 shocks with OE springs? I really want to upgrade my suspension but like the OP just don’t want to lower it.
Hi mate, what did you decide in the end as I need to replace my shocks too and don't want to be lowering or anything just a better option than stock.

Aug 30, 2021

hello, could you please tell me if the bilstein b4 that fit our LCR 225cv are those of the skoda octavia?

these :

thanks a lot
Piero

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
hello, could you please tell me if the bilstein b4 that fit our LCR 225cv are those of the skoda octavia?

these :

thanks a lot
Piero

I can't answer the question about the shocks themselves, but what I can say is that the company selling them is really helpful and efficient - if you send them a message, they should tell you.

I bought my SuperPro bushings from them, as well as the Bilstein B4s for my FR TDI and I can't fault them. They're an authorised Bilstein reseller so they'll get you on the right track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I've used TDC Automotive many times and their customer service is spot on as well as having very competitive pricing.

If you want a Bilstein B4 kit specifically for the mk1 Leon Cupra R they will sell you one that they've put together as they're not actually listed anywhere - they did it for me on request several years ago.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Aug 30, 2021
Hello,
in the end I ordered the koni str.t. on auto-doc. I had to take the rear ones for our car the front ones of the audi TT because they didn't give them available for the cupra

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.