1.5TSI EVO Tuning

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Good man, tonight I plan to actually follow the instructions and go through the settings properly, starting on setting 1 and working through them

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
menu > vehicle > settings > ESC system > ESC sport or off if available.
Yeah I had it knocked off, didn't make much difference, I have quite grippy tyres on the front (goodyear eagle f1's) so traction wasn't really an issue, maybe at initial takeoff but that's about it.

mcspook

Feb 11, 2020
Οn my 1.8tsi revo tuned car i had limited boost on 1st and 2nd. with esc in sport it turn the limitation off. Ι know that yours is another engine with a box but I thought it was worth a try :blink:

Reactions: BigJase88

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Οn my 1.8tsi revo tuned car i had limited boost on 1st and 2nd. with esc in sport it turn the limitation off. Ι know that yours is another engine with a box but I thought it was worth a try :blink:
My friend has that in his edition 30 golf with revo map, limited power in 1st and 2nd but as soon as it gets into 3rd it takes off like a scolded cat, he's at 374bhp and it is that fast it is scary (dsg map too)

proper power! I think next car I might get something properly quick

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
My friend has that in his edition 30 golf with revo map, limited power in 1st and 2nd but as soon as it gets into 3rd it takes off like a scolded cat, he's at 374bhp and it is that fast it is scary (dsg map too)

proper power! I think next car I might get something properly quick
Hey BigJase...I’ve missed a lot over the last few days...seems a positive result for the small outlay and thanks for the detailed write up and pics etc!

I think I know the answer to this one but has it had any effect at all on the roo? Not expecting anything but thought I’d ask incase it has upped the fuelling a little and thats helped...guessing it’s too low down the revs though.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Hey BigJase...I’ve missed a lot over the last few days...seems a positive result for the small outlay and thanks for the detailed write up and pics etc!

I think I know the answer to this one but has it had any effect at all on the roo? Not expecting anything but thought I’d ask incase it has upped the fuelling a little and thats helped...guessing it’s too low down the revs though.
Initial thoughts, only drove once from cold, that it has not improved the kangaroo, it does not connect to a fuel rail or fuel sensor so i do not think it will add any extra fuelling at low rpm

Reactions: GeoffGeoff

golfhappy

Sep 1, 2015
Scotland
Hi i've just been reading this, i take the roo as the kangarooing? i bought a golf 1.5tsi 150bhp last year, manual and have never experienced this.
Well not true till son in law informed me as regards someone with a t-roc. I then twigged that from collection from garage i had put a DTUK pedalbox on. Got the roo when i switched it off when engine was cold. Put the box back to sport setting and no roo as its called.

Reactions: pompeydave

pompeydave

Nov 30, 2017
Hi i've just been reading this, i take the roo as the kangarooing? i bought a golf 1.5tsi 150bhp last year, manual and have never experienced this.
Well not true till son in law informed me as regards someone with a t-roc. I then twigged that from collection from garage i had put a DTUK pedalbox on. Got the roo when i switched it off when engine was cold. Put the box back to sport setting and no roo as its called.

Interesting , I've always had dtuk pedal boxes on all my cars except current Astra 1.6t 200 that has equivalent sport switch so no need. Earlier post of mine was that I'm interested in changing back to a Leon and the pedalbox is one of the 1st things I will buy. I can't comment on the 'roo' as not in a Leon but agree these pedal boxes do smooth out the power and could be an answer which means possibly something to do with throttle sensitiveness issue ?
I couldn't drive it in sport all day long as 1.will be booting it everywhere 2.mpg would suffer 3.you'll get used to it and when you go back to Eco car feels sluggish. So I use in Eco ++ which I still find a big improvement over stock.
Good fun though.

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
I’ve got the eco, comfort, normal, sport settings and if anything the sport setting is marginally lumpier...does the DTUK pedal box work any differently to the sport setting which changes throttle sensitivity as part of the settings?

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I have eco, normal and sport. Guess the comfort is cause of the adjustable suspension on the fr sport the only difference i notice is eco throttle response will kill you and sport throttle response makes the kangaroo worse

Last edited:

golfhappy

Sep 1, 2015
Scotland
The golfs left in sport all the time, came from an audi S1 so economy is brilliant whatever the mode in the golf. I thinking a tune at some point as well. Had one tuning box from racechip in my lean fr, 12 plate and it worked well. Did change to superchips remap tho. If revo are doing a map i'll maybe wait for that to come out.
When i did have the S1 i did have the bluefin for that, did run a VCDS scan after the map was popped on...no wonder the main dealer spotted a remap, the list of errors read like a novel.
Can confirm that when i bought my golf a salesman was running a tuning box on a Tiguan and the master techs could not detect it when they put it on the machine!
See bluespark do a box and there is a video of a black ibiza on the rollers showing this.

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
The golfs left in sport all the time, came from an audi S1 so economy is brilliant whatever the mode in the golf. I thinking a tune at some point as well. Had one tuning box from racechip in my lean fr, 12 plate and it worked well. Did change to superchips remap tho. If revo are doing a map i'll maybe wait for that to come out.
When i did have the S1 i did have the bluefin for that, did run a VCDS scan after the map was popped on...no wonder the main dealer spotted a remap, the list of errors read like a novel.
Can confirm that when i bought my golf a salesman was running a tuning box on a Tiguan and the master techs could not detect it when they put it on the machine!
See bluespark do a box and there is a video of a black ibiza on the rollers showing this.
I’m considering the Revo if available later in the year (been told May) or the RaceChip at the mo just to try and fine tune the 130 a little as missing the umph of the torquey diesel I had previously but other part of me is saying I had the 130 for a reason and save the money haha.

nickbrown_500

Dec 6, 2009
Nottingham
Some good information, and sounds like some reasonable gains from the cost of this box. Dont think I would expect much more. Shame it doesnt open up the lower region.

Its one thing I have spotted the lack of tuning options for the 1.5 both the 130 or 150 version. I guess the tuning companies are spending time on the cupra and either 1.8/2.0 engines.

Has anyone spotted other tuning items, more for information of everyone.

Had spooted this not had a full look if its compatible with the leon 1.5 engine
https://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/Blow_Off_Valve_for_VW_Audi_Seat_Skoda_15_TSI--product--1802.html

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Some good information, and sounds like some reasonable gains from the cost of this box. Dont think I would expect much more. Shame it doesnt open up the lower region.

Its one thing I have spotted the lack of tuning options for the 1.5 both the 130 or 150 version. I guess the tuning companies are spending time on the cupra and either 1.8/2.0 engines.

Has anyone spotted other tuning items, more for information of everyone.

Had spooted this not had a full look if its compatible with the leon 1.5 engine
https://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/Blow_Off_Valve_for_VW_Audi_Seat_Skoda_15_TSI--product--1802.html
Forge are developing the 1.5 tsi induction kit which will be compatible with that blow off valve.

Tuning options for the 1.5 tsi are few and far between, hopefully will pick up soon as right now it probably makes up most of VAG sales as the drive away from diesel continues

there is this induction kit but looks a bit crap imo, what with the flexi pipe, forge will make a nicer looking one im sure

https://www.r-tmg.com/products/intake/rtmg-carbon-cold-air-intake-1-5-tsi-evo.html

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire
IMG-20200303-190926.jpg

Had to defer original delivery date but it finally came today. It's well packaged and looks very well made.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I just swapped my repaired loom over for the replacement, somehow was trickier second time around!

hands are cut to bits