Leon 1.6 SA 2004 Central locking problem

FlyingWolf

Jun 2, 2019
West Sussex
I have a mk 1 Leon SX 1.6 and about 3 months ago i discovered one of the rear dorrs would'nt lock at all, MOT was approching so my mechanic managed to get that door to lock but now the passenger door wont respond at all, either with the fob or control panel on drivers side, its a real pain cos i am unsure if the lock has had it or the ECU that controls everything, anyone else had this problem?

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
common problem, will be the lock module. Pain in the ass to replace now that it's broken, you will have to remove the rear seat to get the door panel off, then try and get the door open, probably by breaking the lock.

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
If you can open the door from inside then it not as bad but if your door is stuck closed/locked then as above....... it’s a twat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mty12345

wilfster

Mar 6, 2010
I had a similar problem a few years ago with the front passenger door on mine. Spent ages switching the locking on and off from the driver's door panel without any joy. Then I switched the engine on and it unlocked after two or three goes on the door panel switch. Could have just been a fluke, or maybe the voltage difference did it. Worth a try.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.