Help needed

Andy305

Feb 23, 2020
Hi everyone,

My cupra is scheduled to be delivered Friday this week. However with my car as it is a lease the company will be dropping it off at my house on the day. I have had my current car delivered in this way but as thats a diesel A class it didn't bother me as its not a performance vehicle. However I do not trust the cupra being delivered as its a powerful car and the delivery people will be flooring the car at any chance. My questions...

1. can I ring seat give them vehicle registration and they tell me where the car is located so I can get it myself?

2. Can I ring the lease company and tell them I need to pick car up myself from somewhere so it's me who drives the car home and not one of these delivery drivers who will abuse the car?

Thanks

tallen96

Nov 27, 2019
Hi everyone,

My cupra is scheduled to be delivered Friday this week. However with my car as it is a lease the company will be dropping it off at my house on the day. I have had my current car delivered in this way but as thats a diesel A class it didn't bother me as its not a performance vehicle. However I do not trust the cupra being delivered as its a powerful car and the delivery people will be flooring the car at any chance. My questions...

1. can I ring seat give them vehicle registration and they tell me where the car is located so I can get it myself?

2. Can I ring the lease company and tell them I need to pick car up myself from somewhere so it's me who drives the car home and not one of these delivery drivers who will abuse the car?

Thanks

You can usually arrange for a lorry to bring the car at a cost but tbh i wouldn't be to worried about it. The engines in these don't need any running in, they just need the oil to be warm. When the car arrives just make sure you take atleast 20 mins looking round the car for marks as it'll be your only chance to record any damage on delivery.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I’ve not had any personal experience of having a new car delivered to my home. However, on forums where members have had a car delivered to their home address, it is quite often delivered by a very mature (often retired) person, who’s a car enthusiast and who treats the cars they deliver like their own.

You can always check the car’s on board computer to see what the distance travelled, average speed and mpg was for the delivery journey, and if it indicates an average speed at warp speed and fuel consumption that is on the floor, you can decide whether or not to take this up with the lease company (you’d need to take a photo of the on board computer data. If these delivery drivers abuse customer’s cars, they probably risk loosing their job so I don’t think you’ve got too much to worry about.

However, if you’re worried, as @tallen96 has said, arrange to get it delivered on a flat bed lorry and be prepared to pay for this service.

Reactions: bgb

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
It will already been ragged, I knew a fella who worked at the docks unloading cars to the dockside, -turn the key, floor the throttle and empty the ship as quick as possible.

RoadkillGoat

Nov 29, 2019
Dude the delivery drivers deliver 100 of cars a year much more exotic and prestige ones than a Seat, I very much doubt they are going to rag the car about left right and centre.

I had a lease driven delivered guy was about 50 and the mpg he got from the dealership to my house was hard to ever replicate I had to drive like a granny to get anywhere near it.

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
plus wouldn't get lorry delivery, seen a few people complaining on the MK3 Leon facebook group about scrapes and damage on route.

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
As said I really wouldn't worry about it, not like you're not gonna thrash it at all while you have it, and being a lease you don't have to worry about it anyways

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
As above...I really wouldn’t worry about it too much...I’d be more worried about scratches, kebed alloys, etc so be sure to check the car over thoroughly for anything major (or minor depending how fussy you are).

As for engine, gearbox, etc. they’re pretty much at operating temp after a minute or two these days due to the manufacturing tolerances so if, on the off chance, someone does take to driving it enthusiastically there should be minimal wear or damage done if any in reality...and as others have said these guys do this job for a living so you’d like to think they won’t want to jeopardise their livelihood for the sake of a quick thrash round...they’re driving new cars daily.

Also, guessing you’re on a 3 yr lease and then swap? If so you’re under warranty for any mechanical issues in that time...but if any do crop up I doubt it would be due to a one off cold start thrash.

Enjoy your new Cupra when she turns up!

Reactions: mty12345

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
My car was delivered by a nice gent with 180 miles on the clock and around 45mpg. He also delivered it dirty and said I know you guys don't like cars being touched by washers. (he did try his hardest with a jet wash in a local BP, but didn't want to touch the car)

Seats were covered in plastic bags, had paper floor protectors down.

Maybe not everyone's experience but mine was great and the car was hardly touched.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
You can't paint everyone with the same brush. Whilst there have been some good experiences here, I was overtaken by someone doing at least 100 mph on the A14 a couple weeks ago with delivery driver plates on the car. Looked like a brand new BMW 3 series.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I was concerned about this when I tried to buy an imported VW Passat 4Motion in 2000,there were many tales of Kamikaze that would be collecting your new car from the port of entry, so if I was following that plan for car buying, I planned to collect myself.

But, so you are not buying this car, why are you being so possessive - if buying absolutely yes have an interest in how it might be being treated prior to collection, but for leasing, I don't get it, maybe you should be buying that car outright if you are so concerned about this.

Hag

Sep 15, 2018
Boring I know but some lenders will not allow a vehicle to be collect from a dealer due to fraud etc. They stipulate that the vehicle has to go to the home or work address on the finance proposal to prove its you etc. If it’s a VWFS agreement then it will tell you on your docs who the dealer is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Dude the delivery drivers deliver 100 of cars a year much more exotic and prestige ones than a Seat, I very much doubt they are going to rag the car about left right and centre.

I had a lease driven delivered guy was about 50 and the mpg he got from the dealership to my house was hard to ever replicate I had to drive like a granny to get anywhere near it.

My experience exactly, delivery driver wasn't a young fella, about high 40s/low 50s, and on a brand new 1.0 TSI engine, he put say 150 miles from dealer to my home @ 57mpg! how? it only took me till 5000 miles before I could get that on any highway journey driving at 60-65ish mph.

Saying that however, my Volvo V40 (1.5 engine) I asked if I could collect it from the dealer, they said no problem. So I had to travel to Sunderland and drove it down to London (about 5-6 hours). Collected car with 14 miles on the clock. Mpg for that 300 odd miles journey with slight detour into Hull, 43.5mpg..

For me I was not concerned about the person ragging it, as the car would be under warranty etc. I just really wanted to be the 'first' driver that used it for at least the first hour of driving. Driving down, the advise was to drive the car normally, but don't redline it until perhaps after 1k miles.

Last edited:

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
My car was delivered by a nice gent with 180 miles on the clock and around 45mpg. He also delivered it dirty and said I know you guys don't like cars being touched by washers. (he did try his hardest with a jet wash in a local BP, but didn't want to touch the car)

Seats were covered in plastic bags, had paper floor protectors down.

Maybe not everyone's experience but mine was great and the car was hardly touched.

45 mpg over 180 miles? in a Cupra?

dilson88

Dec 2, 2019
The Delivery Driver really looked after your car if that was from a CUPRA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They get paid the longer they have the car, that's why they take it easy cos they make more money! lol

Well that was i was told when i took my last lease car.

Reactions: Maypack

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
@KXL
@Maypack

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....k3-leon-do-today.379107/page-348#post-4871974

Like I said, boring boring drive... but I had loads of time..

I've done the same trip tanking it and gone through a full tank..

index.php

Reactions: Maypack
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.