MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
You laugh, I am getting mine from the same dealership as yours. I am hoping with every thing I can possibly cross that I will be able to collect it tomorrow. At which point I will get a bunch of pictures of your car while I am there.

please let me know as it’s in their compound which is a mile away but if you say your a friend etc I can say I want you to be shown it.

At least I’ll know if they are lying about damage and the photos they sent me are old :)

Reactions: The Daily Meme

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
So I have clarified it and wait to hear

I’ve thrown the idea of the good will being the side skirts and splitter lol so will see

I’ve said I’m happy to take delivery and then expect to go to my local dealer to get the locks sorted etc,I don’t want them having any longer than required.

I'm also going to get ghost so hopefully this will help but I do agree I’m not happy
Fingers crossed. If you bag even one of those you've saved yourself £500+. I think after what you've gone through its the least they can do. Takes the p*#s really.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
So the fleet manager called me and if I’m honest was a bit rude and we really didn’t hit it off.

All they are doing is cutting a new key and recoding so the old keys can open my car but not start it.

I said this is not acceptable and the argument started with his view being it’s very unlikely anyone will have the keys,know the car and my address.My argument was well you can’t confirm that and it’s not my responsibility for this issue.

He came back with well we can do it but expect another month delay.

After some discussion he realised my point and said he would look into getting my local dealer to sort it once delivered so at least I have the car which I’m happy with.

Ref comp he said no to the styling pack as would be a lot but will agree some good will.i have asked for money off this but will see what they offer.

I dropped in I have spoken to head of PR and his tune changed lol

I’m going to wait and see what happens then get back onto Seat Uk also

he has not sugar coated it and thinks it’s going to be the end of next week.

annoyingly they are going to have open my car with the standard hidden key thing.

turn ignition on to release handbreak and tow it up onto a truck to get it to the coding machine.

just waiting for the damage to be reported next !

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
So the fleet manager called me and if I’m honest was a bit rude and we really didn’t hit it off.

All they are doing is cutting a new key and recoding so the old keys can open my car but not start it.

I said this is not acceptable and the argument started with his view being it’s very unlikely anyone will have the keys,know the car and my address.My argument was well you can’t confirm that and it’s not my responsibility for this issue.

He came back with well we can do it but expect another month delay.

After some discussion he realised my point and said he would look into getting my local dealer to sort it once delivered so at least I have the car which I’m happy with.

Ref comp he said no to the styling pack as would be a lot but will agree some good will.i have asked for money off this but will see what they offer.

I dropped in I have spoken to head of PR and his tune changed lol

I’m going to wait and see what happens then get back onto Seat Uk also

he has not sugar coated it and thinks it’s going to be the end of next week.

annoyingly they are going to have open my car with the standard hidden key thing.

turn ignition on to release handbreak and tow it up onto a truck to get it to the coding machine.

just waiting for the damage to be reported next !
Mate, I have just about had it with this **** show. FCD, DSG Finance, Northridge finance and the dealership are just on an exponential curve of incompetence.
I signed documents on Saturday after a 6 hour rounf trip and was chasing and chasing all day yesterday to get it through the system. Literally half an hour ago i get a call saying i need to sign them again because there was a typo, but "its okay because you can e-sign them".

Oh you ditsy C***! We are in this situation because the e-sign never worked in the first place you pleb. :doh:

Im now looking at car rental options for my holiday, doubt I will be receiving any form of compensation for that...

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Mate, I have just about had it with this **** show. FCD, DSG Finance, Northridge finance and the dealership are just on an exponential curve of incompetence.
I signed documents on Saturday after a 6 hour rounf trip and was chasing and chasing all day yesterday to get it through the system. Literally half an hour ago i get a call saying i need to sign them again because there was a typo, but "its okay because you can e-sign them".

Oh you ditsy C***! We are in this situation because the e-sign never worked in the first place you pleb. :doh:

Im now looking at car rental options for my holiday, doubt I will be receiving any form of compensation for that...
I never mentioned this before because it wasn't relevant to anyone.
I originally signed up for the e signature as was in Spain and was going to get the car on PCP to leave some liquidity in my savings. Everything was fine. 2 weeks before I went to pick up my car, at the end of July, DSG decided I needed to physically sign something. Obviously this isn't possible in 2 weeks being in Spain and defeated the whole point of the e signature they'd approved me for months before. I told DSG to stick it up their a@#* and just paid the car outright to enable me to have a car on my return to the UK.
So I can agree with you that DSG absolutely suck and there e sig is pointless. They kept ringing even after I'd taken the car to see if I still needed the finance. Proper morons.

Reactions: The Daily Meme

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I never mentioned this before because it wasn't relevant to anyone.
I originally signed up for the e signature as was in Spain and was going to get the car on PCP to leave some liquidity in my savings. Everything was fine. 2 weeks before I went to pick up my car, at the end of July, DSG decided I needed to physically sign something. Obviously this isn't possible in 2 weeks being in Spain and defeated the whole point of the e signature they'd approved me for months before. I told DSG to stick it up their a@#* and just paid the car outright to enable me to have a car on my return to the UK.
So I can agree with you that DSG absolutely suck and there e sig is pointless. They kept ringing even after I'd taken the car to see if I still needed the finance. Proper morons.
Aye,
I have told them multiple times that I will just pay cash. I wanted to use the PCP option as it is pretty cheap and gives me some flexibility when sorting our my mortgage. Seems they are in no hurry to take my money, and at this rate, I am in no hurry to sign any more documents.

Reactions: Kirky

Lmil35

Cupra 290 Lux
Sep 8, 2019
Car has finally arrived! Delivered with 89 miles on when handed over.
It’s an absolute beauty, the Lux seats are incredible. I ordered Sep 9th and it’s taken an age to get here but it’s well worth the wait!

I hope you all get your cars soon!

Attachments

• 29AEC05C-8528-4A43-8CC0-00E4F6B84626.jpeg
    29AEC05C-8528-4A43-8CC0-00E4F6B84626.jpeg
    747.1 KB · Views: 131

LevoForest

May 9, 2017
Nottingham
It’s an absolute beauty, the Lux seats are incredible. I ordered Sep 9th and it’s taken an age to get here but it’s well worth the wait!

That looks like nottingham near the world famous

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
So they are giving me free tank fuel and £150

apprently it’s not possible to change the locks and this is seat UK position

I will be questioning it as I said what happens if someone steals the keys,the poor person has to remain vulnerable to theft but reassured they can just not start it !

LevoForest

May 9, 2017
Nottingham

I will be questioning it as I said what happens if someone steals the keys,the poor person has to remain vulnerable to theft but reassured they can just not start it !
Bad to worse then worse for you mate proper ****

RoadkillGoat

Nov 29, 2019

Sorry but that is bullshit, phone up your insurance company and see if they are happy with your car having two unaccounted for keys for your car.

So they can't start it but can nick all your gear out of it.

No way would I ever be accepting an unsecure car would rather tell them to stick it than have that worry.

Reactions: Kirky and Tivver500

mjxn

Dec 27, 2019
Yes DM Keith. Mine arrived a 2/3 weeks ago but I still had another lease to hand back otherwise could have had it sooner

Great thanks for letting me know. Mine arrived last Wednesday so hoping it's en-route to the dealer by now.

Looks great, can't wait now!

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Sorry but that is bullshit, phone up your insurance company and see if they are happy with your car having two unaccounted for keys for your car.

So they can't start it but can nick all your gear out of it.

No way would I ever be accepting an unsecure car would rather tell them to stick it than have that worry.
It's also not as if the keys were lost in a random place. I'm not paranoid but the keys going missing in the dealers wouldn't fill me with confidence. I don't think they've just been "lost".
And if the locks can't be changed then why are the parts available to buy?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253977365114
Obviously yours doesn't need the ignition barrel so in theory is an even easier job.

Last edited:

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
It's also not as if the keys were lost in a random place. I'm not paranoid but the keys going missing in the dealers wouldn't fill me with confidence. I don't think they've just been "lost".
And if the locks can't be changed then why are the parts available to buy?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253977365114
I agree with you, but I assume "the locks can't be changed" refers to the radio frequency and protocol the car is coded to receive before operating the internal locking mechanism.

They are coding a new set of keys to the car, where as they really need to be coding the car to a new set of keys.

Mar 1, 2020

Was you happy with it being driven to you? Mine is going to be delivered and I just want to make sure they won’t be driving it like they stole it!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.