Strange handling issues

Mar 2, 2020
Hi,

So I bought a mk1 as a daily driver, and it had a few quirks but was fine. I did have a minor ding in it, which ended up banging the subframe at the wishbone joint section.

As a result, I've changed the subframe, wishbones, track rods, track rod ends and the dogbone mount.

Here in lies the real strange result.

I had it tracked obviously because after changing that lot there was no way I'd be able to eye it up. And things are now in line and pretty much sweet (according the print out I have from kwikfit).

When the car is on the brakes, drives nice and straight....
When the car is rolling with the clutch in, drives nice and straight....
Accelerate and it pulls hard left, lift off the throttle and it pulls back right (or perhaps that's me still adjusting the steering wheel).

The car goes a little light and just doesnt feel right. Moment you lift back off it settles in nicely.

Does not appear to be speed dependent.

Checked the tyres, all are balanced, fronts are brand new falkens running 2.2bar on a set of Audi tt 17" 225. No vibrations under any scenario. Cleaned the brake pads and greased sliders and back of the pads in case it was that...

I have ordered a LH side engine mount in case something is rocking there.

Hate to say, but I'm rather baffled, it just feels like under engine load something throws out the tracking.

Top mounts?
Engine mounts?

Thanks

Mar 3, 2020
i have had the same probles as you describe , fasten the bolt circled in red both left and right side
251407000.png

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
You say you replaced some major suspension components did you then get a full wheel alignment ?, it sounds like you have some issues with toe in toe out.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Sounds like the drive shaft may have been bent or a CV joint damaged.
On one of of my old cars I had a completely gone cv joint without knowing (first car and was a shitter) and got it tracked, after that the car was violently jerking side to side on and off acceleration.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.