MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I agree with you, but I assume "the locks can't be changed" refers to the radio frequency and protocol the car is coded to receive before operating the internal locking mechanism.

They are coding a new set of keys to the car, where as they really need to be coding the car to a new set of keys.
I don't think that should be an issue. The keys can be coded to the car and the physical locks changed. The RF part will only activate the actuator on the lock surely, so the lock wouldn't need to be coded to the key. Unless the actuator has its own decoder but I doubt it.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I don't think that should be an issue. The keys can be coded to the car and the physical locks changed. The RF part will only activate the actuator on the lock surely, so the lock wouldn't need to be coded to the key. Unless the actuator has its own decoder but I doubt it.
Ah, now im with you, I didnt think my car had any physical locks as i have never had to use them, i can only assume they are now hidden under part of the door handle

Lmil35

Cupra 290 Lux
Sep 8, 2019
Was you happy with it being driven to you? Mine is going to be delivered and I just want to make sure they won’t be driving it like they stole it!!

I wasn’t tbh but it was the only option.
The driver averaged 39mpg over the trip which fills me with confidence he didn’t floor it everywhere and he put plastic sheets on the seats / mats etc. Maybe I had it lucky?!

BS1

Sep 1, 2019
I wasn’t tbh but it was the only option.
The driver averaged 39mpg over the trip which fills me with confidence he didn’t floor it everywhere and he put plastic sheets on the seats / mats etc. Maybe I had it lucky?!
Same as me my car come from York with 36mpg avg, I haven’t seen 25mpg yet

BS1

Sep 1, 2019
Paddle shifts are on

Attachments

• 9ACDCCDA-A3A9-4147-9545-18FD563B4F63.jpeg
    9ACDCCDA-A3A9-4147-9545-18FD563B4F63.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 123

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Was you happy with it being driven to you? Mine is going to be delivered and I just want to make sure they won’t be driving it like they stole it!!

The guys delivering cars do it for a career, they're not likely to risk their jobs ragging cars that don't belong to them. Plus they've likely driven much more interesting cars than a Seat, lets be fair!

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
What are they like and where are they from please? After 2600 miles I’ve decided the original paddles are too small. Do these move / flex when pulled?
I have a set left on eBay and selling them a lot cheaper then anyone else but happy to sort it just via PayPal if you want them

Item number 274271747756

they are great and once stuck they are stuck and don’t move

took me a good 10 mins to prise my set off my FR when I sold it

BS1

Sep 1, 2019
What are they like and where are they from please? After 2600 miles I’ve decided the original paddles are too small. Do these move / flex when pulled?
They are quite good, but not as good as I thought - they do look great, add a nice touch and help with grabbing paddles during changes as I do think the originals are too small to change when steering etc. Not much play in them only what is already in the original paddle itself, But being 6 5” ive got big hands so they hit my knuckles slightly when I grab the wheel at 9 and 3 but not that bad - I can live with it!

BS1

Sep 1, 2019
They are quite good, but not as good as I thought - they do look great, add a nice touch and help with grabbing paddles during changes as I do think the originals are too small to change when steering etc. Not much play in them only what is already in the original paddle itself, But being 6 5” ive got big hands so they hit my knuckles slightly when I grab the wheel at 9 and 3 but not that bad - I can live with it!
Got them off a lad on eBay probably the cheapest out there to be fair most are £30+, no difference in quality either https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/223838157147

deano1988

Aug 15, 2019
Well my luck with this stupid car continues - driver called this morning advising would be 9:15 delivery and he had just pulled into the services to call me. But then shortly after I received another call advising that warnings had appeared so has now diverted to the nearest Seat Dealership to get them to diagnose the issue.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I'd still rather have my new one for £22k.
Yeah, So would I. You still can't get a 2nd hand one for that price. It's getting close though. Weirdly there doesn't seem to be a price difference between 19 - 20 plate Lux's. Currently 8 on sale on Autotrader and all around the 23-24k mark (22.8k - 24.6k).
I'd have expected the 19 plate to be around £20k now they are a year old. Maybe some people do like leather after all......

mjxn

Dec 27, 2019
@dilson88 Update from SEAT today, car is being transported from dock to the dealer so hopefully they'll be in touch to arrange delivery soon.

On average how long should dealers take to PDI and contact the leasing company re delivery?

dilson88

Dec 2, 2019
@dilson88 Update from SEAT today, car is being transported from dock to the dealer so hopefully they'll be in touch to arrange delivery soon.

On average how long should dealers take to PDI and contact the leasing company re delivery?

If yours was on the same boat, then it should be at the dealers. Got a call confirming delivery for next wed. Based in scotland, so think they are delivering the furthest away ones first. Happy days :clap:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.