MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

mjxn

Dec 27, 2019
Glasgow you?

So leasing options have told me the latest update they have is the dealer expecting the car on 11/03 (next Wednesday).

I'm hoping they're due another update as Seat informed me it is scheduled to arrive today.

Jan 18, 2020
Just phoned up Zen for an update and they say my car is ready to be delivered! what a coincidence! Scheduled delivery for next Thursday, lets see how that turns out. Originally ordered 19/11, Black Leon Cupra.

Reactions: Gooday

RoadkillGoat

Nov 29, 2019
Well my luck with this stupid car continues - driver called this morning advising would be 9:15 delivery and he had just pulled into the services to call me. But then shortly after I received another call advising that warnings had appeared so has now diverted to the nearest Seat Dealership to get them to diagnose the issue.

What happened in the end?

menz83

Jan 30, 2020
If yours was on the same boat, then it should be at the dealers. Got a call confirming delivery for next wed. Based in scotland, so think they are delivering the furthest away ones first. Happy days :clap:

If the comet ace docked last Wednesday in grimsby, then my car was on it too. They definitely aren't delivering furthest away first as I'm in Aberdeen and still awaiting a call!

deano1988

Aug 15, 2019
What happened in the end?
So the dealership on route had a look and suggested it was due to damp in the sensor where the car had been stood around for a while so quickly cleaned/dried it and cleared fault. When the car was on my drive after checking it all over I said I just want to start it and have a quick drive round the block for piece of mind following the error which the guy was fine with but as soon as I started the engine the warning light was back on.

After a number of phone calls etc discussing options I was basically left with two options. 1) he drives it all the way back to york so another 300 miles on the clock supplying dealer then repair it in x days and then wait x days for a new delivery slot. He then drives it back by which time the car has close to 900 miles on it before i've even driven it which I was not happy with. 2) I reluctantly accept it and take it myself to local dealer to resolve the issue.

I went with option 2 and have a new complaint open with Seat UK now. Car is currently booked in for Monday for them to take a further look at the sensor and possibly order replacement part advising they might need the car a couple of days. And to top things off no courtesy cars available till April.

For those interested the error is "P2031 Exhaust Gas Temperature EGT Sensor"

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
So the dealership on route had a look and suggested it was due to damp in the sensor where the car had been stood around for a while so quickly cleaned/dried it and cleared fault. When the car was on my drive after checking it all over I said I just want to start it and have a quick drive round the block for piece of mind following the error which the guy was fine with but as soon as I started the engine the warning light was back on.

After a number of phone calls etc discussing options I was basically left with two options. 1) he drives it all the way back to york so another 300 miles on the clock supplying dealer then repair it in x days and then wait x days for a new delivery slot. He then drives it back by which time the car has close to 900 miles on it before i've even driven it which I was not happy with. 2) I reluctantly accept it and take it myself to local dealer to resolve the issue.

I went with option 2 and have a new complaint open with Seat UK now. Car is currently booked in for Monday for them to take a further look at the sensor and possibly order replacement part advising they might need the car a couple of days. And to top things off no courtesy cars available till April.

For those interested the error is "P2031 Exhaust Gas Temperature EGT Sensor"
Be prepared for a super grumpy dealer experience. They seem to hate you taking a brand new car to the local dealer when you didn't buy it from them. This happened with me and my wheel. They expected me to drive it back to the dealer I bought it from. I obviously said that isn't happening and that's not how a national warranty works! I suppose it's because they've made no money from the sale and there's little money to be made in warranty work. But this shouldn't impact us as the customer. I've never had any other brand car dealership ask me where I bought it from as the first question before, it's not exactly welcoming. This was an Arnold Clark though.

deano1988

Aug 15, 2019
Wow that is an absolute kick in the nuts does the car run? Or is it in limp mode?
Just been out and filled up with its first tank of Momentum99 and gave it a quick blast and can confirm its defo not in limp mode. To be fair i can think of alot worse errors to be flagging up then the exhaust gas heat sensor.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise