MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
Had a silver st on order from zen since November.
Told today it’s in UK and on way to dealer.
Still going to be early April delivery,
I’m like “how can it take a month for PDI and delivery”?
Told them I will collect it wherever it is in the country and apparently “for security reasons” they only deliver.
More like they prepare it in a random depot and it goes nowhere near a dealers!!
Still bemused at it being in the country and won’t be with me for a month.

Gooday

Aug 15, 2001
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
Told today it’s in UK and on way to dealer.
Still going to be early April delivery,
I’m like “how can it take a month for PDI and delivery”?
Told them I will collect it wherever it is in the country and apparently “for security reasons” they only deliver.
More like they prepare it in a random depot and it goes nowhere near a dealers!!
Still bemused at it being in the country and won’t be with me for a month.

Is this an update from Zen or Seat?

I also ordered Mid November and still waiting.....

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
Is this an update from Zen or Seat?

I also ordered Mid November and still waiting.....
Further update
It’s sitting at port and not on way to dealer as they stated. I’ve told them it needs to be registered in March.

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Further update
It’s sitting at port and not on way to dealer as they stated. I’ve told them it needs to be registered in March.

Worth phoning Seat CS if you have the SLI number, they can see if the dealer has raised a collection order.

bgb

Jan 22, 2019

This line is probably correct, DM Keith in York use a large site purely for Business/Lease deals as the volume becomes too much for a dealer.

I believe they still have a 'shop front' but its literally a huge car park and at the time waiting for my CUPRA, it was the surrounding field full of cars too.

Think of it as a distribution/PDI point > Driver Pick Up > Customer

mjxn

Dec 27, 2019
This line is probably correct, DM Keith in York use a large site purely for Business/Lease deals as the volume becomes too much for a dealer.

I believe they still have a 'shop front' but its literally a huge car park and at the time waiting for my CUPRA, it was the surrounding field full of cars too.

Think of it as a distribution/PDI point > Driver Pick Up > Customer

This is correct, I believe it goes to their corporate/fleet depot in Leeds.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Further update
If the car has been built you can have it registered now. I was able to do this when my car was sat in port in Barcelona. I started the registration process in Jan and was told I would get a 69 plate. However half way through I found out that the car had been delayed to arrive in the uk at the end of feb so it would have a march plate anyway.

jack rush

Jan 16, 2019
Just got a call from LO about an hour ago - delivery is scheduled for 18th March.

I originally said I'd collect, and asked if I could collect any sooner, but she said since there's been so many delays there are loads of cars being delivered so the collection slots are fully booked up.

Pretty disappointing as I was hoping to collect next week - but now I at least have a date so I'm not constantly waiting for a call. Going to be a long couple of weeks!

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Seeing all the new shiny Cupras made me clean mine yesterday. Was fairly decent weather yesterday for washing the car. Taken on my crap phone so not to the same standard as your pics.
View attachment 13374
Stunning! Mine hasnt been cleaned in over 4 weeks with all this cr@p weather!

What shampoo do you use for cleaning?

Andrew Rae

Mar 5, 2020
Can anyone confirm if the 2020 Cupra Lux has a Beats sound system? Mine is due for delivery mid April. I'm currently out in South America and saw a Lux at a car show yesterday with different wheels and a Beats sound system.

snodge

Jan 21, 2020
Can anyone confirm if the 2020 Cupra Lux has a Beats sound system? Mine is due for delivery mid April. I'm currently out in South America and saw a Lux at a car show yesterday with different wheels and a Beats sound system.
Beats Audio in some markets, but not UK. SEAT UK like to deprive us of some of the good stuff!

Brooster89

Oct 13, 2018
Beats Audio was an option up to the 68 plate pre-Copras. No such option now.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Stunning! Mine hasnt been cleaned in over 4 weeks with all this cr@p weather!

What shampoo do you use for cleaning?
Thank you. I'm not one for spending hours washing so I rinse, spray with EZ sub zero snow foam, rinse, wash with Halfords 2 in 1 wash and wax, Rinse with demon shine wax then dry with microfibre towel.
Comes up like a mirror.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
On a side note, I swear the fuel tank in this is smaller than my pre facelift SC FR. It was about £10 less to fill it up yesterday and the estimate range is 150 miles less?
It does seem like a very small tank. I've just done a 400 mile trip in a new 1.5 ecoboost 180 ford focus and it has way more range. Thankfully I didn't like anything else about the car. The collision assist went off when nothing was there and the auto wipers kept going off when it wasn't wet and I had to deactivate them.

JWhitton1

Feb 16, 2020
Thank you. I'm not one for spending hours washing so I rinse, spray with EZ sub zero snow foam, rinse, wash with Halfords 2 in 1 wash and wax, Rinse with demon shine wax then dry with microfibre towel.
Comes up like a mirror.

I got mine today. Trip up to Stockport from Birmingham... great drive back, home for 11:30 and done a full new car protection with EZ Ceramic Wax.
Good thing is that EZ are based in Stockport so gave them a visit at the same time. Great stuff and it shinesssss :)

Attachments

• 20200306_224047_resized.jpg
    20200306_224047_resized.jpg
    543.9 KB · Views: 125

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
A question for the peeps who've just received their cars.
One common problem I've seen on this forum is creaky seat bases and cracking of the side bolsters. So I checked if anything had changed on the current cars.
SEAT seem to have fixed this by putting elasticated material on the outside edge of the seat bolster between the plastic base and the carbon effect edge trim. This stops creaking and the tearing as it can't tear due to being elasticated and doesn't creak when it rubs against the plastic.
Do the MY20 models have this elasticated side too or is this a leather seat thing?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.