1.5 TSI engine software update

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
Got my 1.5 TSI Ibiza booked in for the software update to fix the cold start kangaroo. It's never been an issue for me but as I'm selling it to my parents in a couple of months I thought it was best to have it done. Bit annoyed that they didn't install it at the service. In my experience Seat never do any software updates on a service like other manufacturers, one of the reasons why I'm dropping them for my next car.

Dec 20, 2019
Got my 1.5 TSI Ibiza booked in for the software update to fix the cold start kangaroo. It's never been an issue for me but as I'm selling it to my parents in a couple of months I thought it was best to have it done. Bit annoyed that they didn't install it at the service. In my experience Seat never do any software updates on a service like other manufacturers, one of the reasons why I'm dropping them for my next car.

Mine 1.5 TSI (year 2019) was updated at service, they said that the computer shows them red light when the update is available (but im from Slovenia) :D

And by the way, i had quite some trouble with car losing power at lower rpm in 1 and 2 gear, and this update really helped, no problems since then..

Reactions: Dimos899

Teawithastraw

Dec 9, 2018
I just had my 1.5tsi updated through a warranty inspection, they corrupted the first ECU so I've had a new one. Seems to have fixed the problem.

kwlw

Nov 22, 2019

What you are changing it to?

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
I’ve had the update installed a few weeks now and it makes a big difference. Car is a lot smoother now in 1st/2nd especially from cold. Well worth getting done!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.