Tyres

Jackson

Sep 30, 2019
Hi all

I’ve been debating for a while whether to stick to the PS4S’s or try the Eagle F1 SuperSports

I decided to try the SuperSports and for anyone interested, Costco currently selling for £120.99 a corner with a £50 discount if you buy 2 or £100 if you buy 4.

If Michelin is your preferred choice, Black Circles doing 15% off with LOYALTY15 code.

Hope this is of help to people (and I’m allowed to post this)

J

Bullet

Mar 1, 2019
Bedfordshire
Be interested in hearing your thoughts on how the Goodyears feel in comparison to the PS4S once they have bedded in please.

jack rush

Jan 16, 2019
Hi all

I’ve been debating for a while whether to stick to the PS4S’s or try the Eagle F1 SuperSports

I decided to try the SuperSports and for anyone interested, Costco currently selling for £120.99 a corner with a £50 discount if you buy 2 or £100 if you buy 4.

If Michelin is your preferred choice, Black Circles doing 15% off with LOYALTY15 code.

Hope this is of help to people (and I’m allowed to post this)

J

What are your thoughts on the Eagle F1s?

I'm taking delivery soon and planning on ditching the Conti's asap and was set on the PS4s, but I've read good things about the F1s, and they're a little cheaper too.

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Be really interested in off the line traction. Thats a weakness of the Contis I think and why the PS4S is so well regarded. The Goodyears are a fair bit cheaper and reviews are generally every bit as good as the Michelins.

Madmick

Mar 6, 2019
Anyone tried the goodyears and are they any good as they seem a cheaper viable alternative

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Anyone tried the goodyears and are they any good as they seem a cheaper viable alternative

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Good year 4 Seasons on the BMW at the moment. Apart from being a bit soft (feel the car leaning on bends) they are great tyres if not a little loud on the road noise. Not tried their summer tyres yet though.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015

I had two on my Golf but they were on the back so not a proper test but I liked them and will buy them again. I've always liked any Goodyear tyres I've had. Very solid and predictable tyres.

Reactions: jack rush

jack rush

Jan 16, 2019
I had two on my Golf but they were on the back so not a proper test but I liked them and will buy them again. I've always liked any Goodyear tyres I've had. Very solid and predictable tyres.

Thanks - I'm leaning towards the F1s now I must admit.

Jackson

Sep 30, 2019

I'm taking delivery soon and planning on ditching the Conti's asap and was set on the PS4s, but I've read good things about the F1s, and they're a little cheaper too.
I’ve had the supersports on now for just over 2 weeks and have done close to 1k with them. I’ve had all 4 tyres changed to the supersports.

They are immensely better than the Conti’s the cars come with. The roads haven’t been ideal of late however there is noticeably a lot more grip and less wheel hop. Can’t really compare them to PS4Ss yet as I’d like to see how they feel in the dry.

Early indications are good! I’ve heard they wear fairly quick compared to the PS4Ss so will wait and see. So far I’m very impressed, and at just over £400 for all 4 that a bargain I think.

Reactions: Mr Pig

jack rush

Jan 16, 2019
I’ve had the supersports on now for just over 2 weeks and have done close to 1k with them. I’ve had all 4 tyres changed to the supersports.

They are immensely better than the Conti’s the cars come with. The roads haven’t been ideal of late however there is noticeably a lot more grip and less wheel hop. Can’t really compare them to PS4Ss yet as I’d like to see how they feel in the dry.

Early indications are good! I’ve heard they wear fairly quick compared to the PS4Ss so will wait and see. So far I’m very impressed, and at just over £400 for all 4 that a bargain I think.

Awesome, thanks for the review!

For £400 I may stick a set on as soon as I pick it up and I can try the PS4s when they wear out.

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Possibly rarity? My old MG ZT had the same size tyres as an M3, and few cars did, so the tires were more expensive than the size up or down.

Bullet

Mar 1, 2019
Bedfordshire
Well, I went for PS4S's in the end, fronts were down to 3mm (2019 Cupra 290) and things were a bit wayward... I'm super impressed with the feel of the Michelins over the Conti's. Has made it feel more like a proper hot hatch (hints of my Fiesta ST on turn-in now) so really happy.

rob280

Oct 27, 2019
What does everyones feel like on a dual carriageway or motorway? I have pirelli p zeros at the moment and the car wonders/ tramlines when on dual carriageways.
I was thinking of changing tyres sooner rather than later because of this.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Bullet

Mar 1, 2019
Bedfordshire
How worn are they? Wouldn't have thought they would do it if quite new. Mine was tramlining badly but the Conti's were down to 3mm, they were ok when less worn, just got progressively worse as they wore down. Other possibility is a worn road surface. Mainly on the inside lanes where the trucks run, can make quite pronounced dips in the lane which the car will follow.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members