led lights

May 15, 2019
Folks, apologies if this has been asked before. My wife has just bought a 2018 FR 115. It has standard lights on it, what are the best replacement led bulbs for drl and headlights please. Seen lots on Ebay but unsure what they will be like etc.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I was under the impression that all Seat Ibizas (even the halogen headlights ones) already have small triangle LED DRLs. Headlights wise, I would stay away from any LED bulb upgrade, as most cannot output the claimed output, plus might cause errors on the system, but instead pershaps upgrade the long life (dim) bulbs to something like Philips Xtreme VIsions + 130 or Osram Nightbreakers Unlimited. Yes they would be brighter and reacher further (still yellow white colour though), yes they would probably go pop after a year, and sadly no, they won't have the same light output / colour as the full LED equiped Ibiza headlights. I really don't think you would be able to match the factory fitted LED headlights with any aftermarket bulbs (legally in UK at least).

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
If you don't have LED headlights then there are the small Tripple DLR arranged in a Triangle so you can't change the DRLs. I was looking at changing the headlights to LEDs but everything I have read tells me not to as they are unreliable, poor light coverage and can damage the light housing. I changed the bulbs in mine to Philips Xtreme VIsions + 130 and they make a huge difference to the amount of light output. Yes they are still a bit yellowish but they certainly light the road ahead. I have had Osram Nightbreakers before but they last about a year but I have had the Philips for 2 years and 3 months and still going strong.