Fr rear brake conversion

Mar 3, 2020
Looking to change my fr front brakes to the r32 345mm ones. Seen a bit of info regarding the front and from what I gather aslong as you have 18" alloys, the r32 carriers and cables then your good to go. (Please correct me if I'm wrong or if I missed something)

Can the same be said about swapping in the rear r32 brakes? Seen people say that just doing the front can be a bit snatchy so would like to do both at the same time.

I have a 2011 2.0 fr and I'm not 100% sure if anything changed with the facelift with regards to brake fitment.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Fishy

May 16, 2005
I upgraded to the Cupra/R32 setup and found that fitting the rear setup gave it a bit more balance, I then later upgraded the fronts to AP 6 pots and the balance was still there. Well worth doing.

Fish

Mar 3, 2020
hi mate, thank you for the advice! I have the front r32 setup ready but I am planning on swapping in the rear setup aswel. Just wondering if there is anything I must be mindful off when fitting them? I know the front breaks are the same between the cupra/r32 but are the rear calipers the same?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.