• Total voters

Jas Singh

Nov 12, 2019
Reactions: Zer0

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I hope everyone that's received their cars recently are enjoying it as much as I am! 11 days in, almost 1000 miles done and I absolutely love this car! @Betts-4 hopefully you get your car soon!

For those that are waiting for their cars to be built, not trying to be the bearer of bad news but just came across this article about possible delays due to the Corona virus.
https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/seat-mulls-temporary-layoffs-spain-coronavirus
ALso coming up to 1000 miles and the car is now seriously vocal. Not sure what the fuss about the exhaust being loud is. It is almost as loud (not obnoxious) as my brothers M140i with a res delete. The M140i has a valved exhaust and the cupra is still louder than the m140i unles the BMW is in sport mode with the valve open.
I said I'd leave the car for 3-5000 miles before considering a res delete. I wouldn't want to do a res delete now and for the car to continue to get louder and become obnoxious. Also, driving along at 70MPH there is a little drone, don't want to increase that with a res delete.

Overall the engine note is lovely, a nice deep sound with a little rasp when the engine is under work and DSG farts. Compared to the stock bmw, it is miles nicer. The stock BMW had very very soft pops, it at all, and definitely no farts on upshift. The now res deleted bmw sounds rather tinny but also obnoxiously loud with its exhaust cracks, still no farts.

If its pops bangs and farts you want, then the stock cupra 290 can do it, even with the PPF. I even get them in comfort mode and have had several pops in eco mode too.

THis last few days I have had the gearbox in sport mode to try and gradually increase the rev range the car is being exposed too. Nothing silly yet but the car has suprised rather arrogant audi/bmw/vw drivers already.

Reactions: Zer0 and Tivver500

Andrew Rae

Mar 5, 2020
I’ve just had confirmation that my Cupra Lux has been built but has not left Spain yet. I’ve also been sent revised documents to include the tax increase. Can my car actually be registered whilst it’s sat in Spain to avoid the April increases does anyone know?

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
Well I received my cupra st in blue today. What a Day. Car was delivered to me in what I can only describe as a ‘thrown at me’ state. Factory stickers still on. Nav not installed was also delivered with 4 faults. All relating to drivers side head light. Got told to take it local dealer, 40 mile round trip and they just said they did t have anyone available to look at it. I complained and he actually said ‘what do you want me to do about it’ the media unit also froze for about an hour with connecting to CarPlay message. Nothing would reset it. It’s fixed itself now. On the plus side. OMG what an absolute beast. Couldn’t get auto wipers working either but maybe it’s down in the menu somewhere

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
I’ve just had confirmation that my Cupra Lux has been built but has not left Spain yet. I’ve also been sent revised documents to include the tax increase. Can my car actually be registered whilst it’s sat in Spain to avoid the April increases does anyone know?
How much was the increase, was it a monthly increase an initial rental increase? Which company?

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
Due to the lack of PDI from a dealer, there was an interesting computer print out from the factory in the glovebox on mine today. Mine was built on 24.01.20 and there was a post production checklist with a guys name on it

Andrew Rae

Mar 5, 2020
How much was the increase, was it a monthly increase an initial rental increase? Which company?
It was about an extra £30 upfront and an extra £7 per month over 3 years. Not huge I know but I’d still rather not pay if I don’t have to. I’ve ordered through Nationwide Vehicle Contracts

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
Am I just really unlucky or anybody else has these issues after 49 miles

Attachments

• 20456B54-5CFA-437B-B74C-3F32E8DB5435.jpeg
    20456B54-5CFA-437B-B74C-3F32E8DB5435.jpeg
    1,015.5 KB · Views: 155
  • A5B286EF-333E-47EC-9CC3-825C59F59AF1.jpeg
    A5B286EF-333E-47EC-9CC3-825C59F59AF1.jpeg
    956.2 KB · Views: 146
  • 3DF15A62-A7E2-4DF1-8E43-BD1736C49E3E.jpeg
    3DF15A62-A7E2-4DF1-8E43-BD1736C49E3E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 151

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
Why did you accept a car showing faults and without being pdi’d?
It’s a lease. Was delivered by leasing company. Apparently was PDI’d. Fault only appeared 10
Miles away from being delivered. The only option was to take to a local dealer. Who weren’t interested. Would be a totally different story if id’ve bought.. trust me! I for the car for £240 a month, so you get what you pay for right?

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
I wouldn't have accepted that car and told the guy to take it away and would have told the lease company the same thing
Yup considered that too. But now I’ve got Seat Coming to collect the car and drop a courtesy off while they fix it, and my lease won’t start until I take (re) delivery. No idea what the courtesy will be like. I’m guessing not a cupra st. No brainier really

Reactions: RoadkillGoat

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
Yup considered that too. But now I’ve got Seat Coming to collect the car and drop a courtesy off while they fix it, and my lease won’t start until I take (re) delivery. No idea what the courtesy will be like. I’m guessing not a cupra st. No brainier really
Also couldn’t help but feel that’s what the dealer and VWFS would’ve loved

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
Not holding my breathe on anything decent. Honestly though the local dealer was an absolute disgrace (Johnson’s seat liverpool) really can’t fault the leasing company though. They’ve been amazing

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
Feel sorry for you mate, it's so shvt and ruins the experience of a new car.

Which dealership delivered the car?
The dealership that handed over the car was stoneacre Wrexham. You’re right though, it has spoiled a day I’ve been really looking forward to. I’m going to get on to SEAT CS and give them a heads up tomorrow.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Not holding my breathe on anything decent. Honestly though the local dealer was an absolute disgrace (Johnson’s seat liverpool) really can’t fault the leasing company though. They’ve been amazing

Hang on a minute, but your car is a new SEAT with a manufacturer's warranty, right? Johnson's SEAT are presumably an official SEAT dealership appointed for the supply and maintenance of SEAT cars, including manufacturer's warranty work, irrespective of whether you bought it or leased it from them or not. So what's with their attitude?

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
Hang on a minute, but your car is a new SEAT with a manufacturer's warranty, right? Johnson's SEAT are presumably an official SEAT dealership appointed for the supply and maintenance of SEAT cars, including manufacturer's warranty work, irrespective of whether you bought it or leased it from them or not. So what's with their attitude?
Couldn’t agree more. That’s what SEAT CS are getting told tomorrow. They just said we haven’t got anybody to look at it now and couldn’t tell me when they would have. I explained the situation and they literally said ‘what do you want me to do about it’ looked at me like a was a POS

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
I’ll find out tomorrow that Saturday is definitely happening if the keys get coded

Becuase the car can’t be moved they have had to arrange recovery using the new key just get into the car and release the handbreak.Then transport it to the dealer to code it and hopefully all will be fine.

Im crossing my fingers they don’t now go and damage it as seems a lot of faff !