MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Couldn’t agree more. That’s what SEAT CS are getting told tomorrow. They just said we haven’t got anybody to look at it now and couldn’t tell me when they would have. I explained the situation and they literally said ‘what do you want me to do about it’ looked at me like a was a POS
When you contact SEAT CS I would log a complaint against Johnson's Liverpool, shocking behaviour. I went to my local dealership for a warranty issue about 3 weeks after having the car and they couldn't be more helpful.

I got a brand new Ibiza in 2018 from Johnson's Preston and they caused me a real headache so it sounds like the Liverpool branch aren't much better!

Reactions: The Daily Meme

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
I’ll find out tomorrow that Saturday is definitely happening if the keys get coded

Becuase the car can’t be moved they have had to arrange recovery using the new key just get into the car and release the handbreak.Then transport it to the dealer to code it and hopefully all will be fine.

Im crossing my fingers they don’t now go and damage it as seems a lot of faff !
Fingers crossed! It's been a nightmare for you so you deserve some good luck!

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
Hang on a minute, but your car is a new SEAT with a manufacturer's warranty, right? Johnson's SEAT are presumably an official SEAT dealership appointed for the supply and maintenance of SEAT cars, including manufacturer's warranty work, irrespective of whether you bought it or leased it from them or not. So what's with their attitude?
My thoughts exactly. They may not have sold you the car but they are SEAT's representatives and should be looking to build a relationship with you for servicing, repairs etc. Disgraceful attitude!

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
My thoughts exactly. They may not have sold you the car but they are SEAT's representatives and should be looking to build a relationship with you for servicing, repairs etc. Disgraceful attitude!
From my short experience with SEAT dealers I have found they don't give a crap once you own the car. Worst manufacturer I've owned for after sales by a long shot.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Hang on a minute, but your car is a new SEAT with a manufacturer's warranty, right? Johnson's SEAT are presumably an official SEAT dealership appointed for the supply and maintenance of SEAT cars, including manufacturer's warranty work, irrespective of whether you bought it or leased it from them or not. So what's with their attitude?

It’s wrong but their attitude is “you didn’t buy it from us so why should we sort out your problems”

Heard it too many times and not wanting to be controversial you can see their point in a way. As consumers we all want the cheapest deal with the best service but the two don’t always line up.

With a warranty you should be able to take the car to any VAG dealer and you should be treat as a valued customer but unfortunately there are lots of people in the service industry who do not see that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
From my short experience with SEAT dealers I have found they don't give a crap once you own the car. Worst manufacturer I've owned for after sales by a long shot.
It's not just SEAT, my borther has had the same issues with his BMW regarding warranty work. Local dealer just refusing to do anything and when they finally gave in after BMW CS confirmed they would pay their time for working on it, they broke it. Brother has taken to using a different dealer now.

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
It’s wrong but their attitude is “you didn’t buy it from us so why should we sort out your problems”

Heard it too many times and not wanting to be controversial you can see their point in a way. As consumers we all want the cheapest deal with the best service but the two don’t always line up.

With a warranty you should be able to take the car to any VAG dealer and you should be treat as a valued customer but unfortunately there are lots of people in the service industry who do not see that.

Yes I kind of do I destand that, however they way they treated me was honestly my worst experience as a consumer/ customer. Contacted SEAT today and tbh they could t care less either. Still as of now waiting for the car to be collected and the dealer is working on ‘goodwill’ gesture. The supplying dealer told me the car had been PDI’d S0 asked him why the factory stickers were still on it and why the nav card was hidden in an envelope in the glovebox. He replied that they supply all new cars in this state as most people use google maps. Sounds like im making this up but it actually happened.

I’ve previously owned 4 other cupras and all bar one have had to have warranty / recall issues and the dealers were never the best. Things have worsened since then. Can only compare seat to the other cars I’ve bought new:
Ford
Nissan
Infinity
Citroen
BMW
And SEAT in a league of their own for service. A real shame because think it’s just an unlucky 1/1000 fault and the car is astonishing.

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
They really are shocking. Couldn’t make it up how bad they are. SEAT UK were no better either and were not really interested.

supplying dealer laughingly told me that the car had been PDI’d. When questioned as to why it still had factory stickers on and the nav card was hidden in an envelope in the glove box he replied that it’s his all cars get delivered now as people use google maps on car link. I swear I’m not making this up. Anyway car still has not been collected, they’re kindly supplying me with an Ibiza over the weekend and are looking at a ‘goodwill’ gesture

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
They really are shocking. Couldn’t make it up how bad they are. SEAT UK were no better either and were not really interested.

supplying dealer laughingly told me that the car had been PDI’d. When questioned as to why it still had factory stickers on and the nav card was hidden in an envelope in the glove box he replied that it’s his all cars get delivered now as people use google maps on car link. I swear I’m not making this up. Anyway car still has not been collected, they’re kindly supplying me with an Ibiza over the weekend and are looking at a ‘goodwill’ gesture

Lol try a Citroen dealer - they are a whole new level of sh!t.

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
Had dealings with Citroen and yes they are bad. Had a C5 company car a few years ago, six months old and the air con went. They said they’d charge for it as it was accidental damage, even though they didn’t check it.

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
@EZ Cupra you do deserve better treatment and I hope that all your issues get sorted. No way was your car PDI’d in the description you have given. That just seems like shoddy behaviour.

The cars are great but the ownership is tainted the treatment you have had. Hope it all gets sorted to your satisfaction and you end up with a nice goodwill gesture.

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
@EZ Cupra you do deserve better treatment and I hope that all your issues get sorted. No way was your car PDI’d in the description you have given. That just seems like shoddy behaviour.

The cars are great but the ownership is tainted the treatment you have had. Hope it all gets sorted to your satisfaction and you end up with a nice goodwill gesture.

Thanks mate I’m sure it will. They’ve just collected the car and dropped me off a FR Ibiza. Lovely car tbf. Good job I can drive a manual though (even though I’ve not had one for 10+ years) the dealer mentioned maybe a month free lease and or free service.

Reactions: Maypack

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
Something else the dealer told me which I found interesting (not sure if true) is that the cars are limited to 30mph until they’ve passed the PDI. Guessing it’s just a code that’s needs entering at the dealer

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Something else the dealer told me which I found interesting (not sure if true) is that the cars are limited to 30mph until they’ve passed the PDI. Guessing it’s just a code that’s needs entering at the dealer

That would be embarrassing if you wanted to show off the power and couldn’t

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I've had Citroens. Never had an issue. Had bonnet replaced and the car blended to match the bonnet under warranty, DPF changed under warranty, numerous sensor replacements. Never once did I feel like I was being treated like ****.
First call I made to Citroen I was basically told I was lying before they even saw the car.
SEAT are in a league of their own.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.