Cupra 300 ST - Stolen and destroyed

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Look for TS mark and star rating if upgrading locks three stars are the one to go for but one star anti sna would do as well (don't forget about the rear access as this is often ommited from any considerations too)

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that, I'll pass that info on, unfortunately of not, with a complete house refurb, the back door is a bifold wall I think!

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I’ve just fitted these to all external doors on my house.
3ffde7430ed1e82966f7a2fe28dd3d0a.jpg

7e169a35ab1d7fe8aa094c99ee6759d4.jpg

They are not cheap but how much is your safety and car worth?

Nice and easy fix for anyone to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Walone

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Thanks for that, I'll pass it on - I've bought Avocet bits, aluminium window cockspur handles for my daughter's flat which she is renting out - obviously not security bits!

Reactions: Maypack

Alzak

Aug 10, 2010
I’ve just fitted these to all external doors on my house.
3ffde7430ed1e82966f7a2fe28dd3d0a.jpg

7e169a35ab1d7fe8aa094c99ee6759d4.jpg

They are not cheap but how much is your safety and car worth?

Nice and easy fix for anyone to do.

That's the one I have there is few to recommend ERA Ultion as long as they marked Ts007 and three stars you should be OK.

Get door handle that is made from billet aluminium (difficult to pry with pliers or similar)

When getting a new door look for "RC" class rating this is often not looked at (cheap doors do not have any rating at all)

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk
866262cf3e25e75e3e068bc622d9f4fc.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BillyCool

Andy_2019

Jul 15, 2019
I too have just been a victim. Only had my 280 eight months and it was taken early hours of Tuesday morning. The back door lock was forced and the scum got the keys and Car. Gutted.

Im in the frame of mind about moving house and wont be buying another performance car as its just not worth the stress.

It was fun while it lasted.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I too have just been a victim. Only had my 280 eight months and it was taken early hours of Tuesday morning. The back door lock was forced and the scum got the keys and Car. Gutted.

Im in the frame of mind about moving house and wont be buying another performance car as its just not worth the stress.

It was fun while it lasted.
Do yo mind me asking where you are based? I live in rural suffolk, about 10 miles from the nearest major settlement so weighing up the options of additional security.

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Do yo mind me asking where you are based? I live in rural suffolk, about 10 miles from the nearest major settlement so weighing up the options of additional security.

Additional Security is a no brainier in reality. Weigh up the costs of it against the anguish, upset and disruption of having your house broken into and/or your brand new car stolen and there’s no comparison.

There are people on this forum who has their CUPRA stolen after owning it for only 3 or 4 days. That has to be heartbreaking especially if you’ve had to wait 6-8-12 months for it to get to you in the first place.

I upgraded all my locks to the TS007 3star / SS312 Diamond Standard ABS Avocet range bought here https://www.windowrepairshop.co.uk/...B/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es115683_shop/Categories. They were great to deal with and there is a promo code for 10% of on your first order (There are other manufacturers and suppliers available and I have no links with the company listed).

For my home I spent around £350 on euro locks.

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Additional Security is a no brainier in reality. Weigh up the costs of it against the anguish, upset and disruption of having your house broken into and/or your brand new car stolen and there’s no comparison.

There are people on this forum who has their CUPRA stolen after owning it for only 3 or 4 days. That has to be heartbreaking especially if you’ve had to wait 6-8-12 months for it to get to you in the first place.

I upgraded all my locks to the TS007 3star / SS312 Diamond Standard ABS Avocet range bought here https://www.windowrepairshop.co.uk/...B/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es115683_shop/Categories. They were great to deal with and there is a promo code for 10% of on your first order (There are other manufacturers and suppliers available and I have no links with the company listed).

For my home I spent around £350 on euro locks.

Got all the locks etc. I am considering replacing the gate I have on at the minute and deciding whether I go for a more robust one.

At the minute, getting on to the property is fairly straight forward, but to get to the house you'd set off all the security lights (always wake me up when the cat walks past the sensor) You'd have a hard time breaking into the house without forcing your way through the window due to the locks and security bolts in every window and door. By which point the dogs will be going nuts, the alarm will be going off and i'd likely be halfway down the stairs. I feel like if a car thief is determined enough to get through all that then they will likely not stop at using force to get the keys off me.

My theory is, making it more difficult to get on to (and off with the car) the property in the first place would be better than installing even more locks on the house. The last time I had the drive redone I considered putting in a rising bollard but it would have cost a fair bit. Now the gate needs replacing im thinking of putting something on that you'd sturggle to drive a vehicle through without rendering the vehicle useless.

EDIT: I upgraded all the security in the house when I applied for my firearms license a several years ago. Might even consider locking the keys in the gun safe. "999 whats your emergancy?" Someone is trying to break in to my gun safe!
I imagine that would get a swift response... :cop:

Andy_2019

Jul 15, 2019
I live in West Yorkshire. There is a high percentage of car theft in my area unfortunately. Maybe i was too optimistic in thinking it wont happen to me.

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I live in West Yorkshire. There is a high percentage of car theft in my area unfortunately. Maybe i was too optimistic in thinking it wont happen to me.
Aye, I was living in Leeds for 4 years and once had a drug dealer in a stolen car crash in to my house. Had the armed police on his tail but the poor owner of the car wasn't getting that back any time soon. And the driver, in his panic, managed to write off every car on the street except mine. Mine was the blue polo.

4E590DFB-A075-4AB5-A4A9-ECB5EE4B4025.jpeg 5D0EA326-13D5-47C4-AC8F-4669C6767283.jpeg 48105530-E926-4869-99BB-891269457999.jpeg 0604C344-D2B1-493E-960E-87519CF99B8D.jpeg B69209D4-6F23-4078-A478-3A9B1BDFBF60.jpeg 191D96E5-5892-479E-BDA3-D08B6479C26D.jpeg A6824339-449F-41F3-A474-457FDE869120.jpeg

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Got all the locks etc. I am considering replacing the gate I have on at the minute and deciding whether I go for a more robust one.

At the minute, getting on to the property is fairly straight forward, but to get to the house you'd set off all the security lights (always wake me up when the cat walks past the sensor) You'd have a hard time breaking into the house without forcing your way through the window due to the locks and security bolts in every window and door. By which point the dogs will be going nuts, the alarm will be going off and i'd likely be halfway down the stairs. I feel like if a car thief is determined enough to get through all that then they will likely not stop at using force to get the keys off me.

My theory is, making it more difficult to get on to (and off with the car) the property in the first place would be better than installing even more locks on the house. The last time I had the drive redone I considered putting in a rising bollard but it would have cost a fair bit. Now the gate needs replacing im thinking of putting something on that you'd sturggle to drive a vehicle through without rendering the vehicle useless.

EDIT: I upgraded all the security in the house when I applied for my firearms license a several years ago. Might even consider locking the keys in the gun safe. "999 whats your emergancy?" Someone is trying to break in to my gun safe!
I imagine that would get a swift response... :cop:

Looks like you’ve got most of the security covered. .

I’d love to have a rising board on my drive too but as you say the cost is likely to be quite expensive and knowing my luck I’d be in a hurry one day and end up reversing into it .

Andy_2019

Jul 15, 2019
Aye, I was living in Leeds for 4 years and once had a drug dealer in a stolen car crash in to my house. Had the armed police on his tail but the poor owner of the car wasn't getting that back any time soon. And the driver, in his panic, managed to write off every car on the street except mine. Mine was the blue polo.

View attachment 13619 View attachment 13618 View attachment 13620 View attachment 13621 View attachment 13622 View attachment 13623 View attachment 13624
Wow. Sounds like a nightmare experience. Im near Leeds and It just seems to be getting worse
We are looking at total relocation. Bet its nice and peaceful down there in Suffolk mate.

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Wow. Sounds like a nightmare experience. Im near Leeds and It just seems to be getting worse
We are looking at total relocation. Bet its nice and peaceful down there in Suffolk mate.
It does seem that way. As for Suffolk, it is quiet, but you have to pay for the privelage. Most of the cheap housing round here is occupied by US military serving at Lakenheath and Mildenhall. There is some vehicle theft, mate had the wheels taken from his BMW M4 CS only a few months back, another friend at work had their land rover stolen before christmas. Both cars were in a town with a drive straight on to the street which seem to be the typical target.

Im no criminal, but if I had the choice of pinching the Audi S3 off my neighbours drive that is 10 foot from the street, and venturing up a dark quiet drive. I'd probably have a look up the drive since I could quietly nick the car without passers by noticing. But for violent and forceful vehicle theft, id take the one with the shortest escape route.

Its a shame you had your car pinched, and you are unlikely to get it back in a condition you are happy with. I think having replacement Gap insurance is probably the most cost effective solution. That way, even if you car is stolen. you can atleast get a like for like replacement at no extra cost cost. Might make you more cooperative with potential thieves threatening violence. Obviously you wouldn't have been able to get Gap insurance with yours not being the first registered keeper and all. We shouldn't have to do this sort of thing, but some people are just arseholes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy_2019

Brackett

May 12, 2019
Yes, to invoice price, but still means you can "replace" with a similar car, as you've got the original purchase price back, even 2 / 3 / 4 years on.

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Expensive locks and all that kind of stuff may keep a few of them at bay, but if you have a nice motor on your drive and they really want it, they'll smash the whole door/window in with a battering ram or sledgehammer and force you to give them the keys. The kind of c**ts who do this sort of thing will have no problem chopping you up with a machette if you mess them about. Far better just to leave the keys on the stairs, even more so if you have a family.

Reactions: Peller

Marko70

Jul 6, 2019
best thing to do is fit an alarm on garage too so that goes off straight away and wakes all neighbours up! they'll probably target the fools leaving these fine machines on drive 1st so we'll be last to get targeted? please tell me you guys don't park on drive/road?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.