O ring size for OEM turbo muffler to turbo housing ?

Stephen Booth

Nov 3, 2019
Essex
Hi all, I am putting my 2016 Cupra 290 back to standard trim in regards to the intake system. I’m hoping for the technical know how and experience of this group ! . I’m putting the oem turbo muffler back on, and there is an O ring that sits Between the turbo housing and the turbo muffler. There isn’t a groove in the mating face of the muffler for the O ring to sit in, so it must sit in the mating face of the turbo housing. I have contacted SEAT parts and they can’t find the O ring as an individual part, so could only say that it is proberly comes as part of the turbo housing and they couldn’t help me ? Wtf.
Would anyone know or know someone who would know lol ! What size the O ring is ?????? Thank you for taking the time to read this

R.Bot

Oct 30, 2019
Just looked in my box of bits taken off and I don't have an o ring for the oe muffler. Can only think I re-used it with the delete, I actually can't remember? I'm assuming it's a lease going back? Otherwise, I would just leave the delete on, save the hassle, unless maybe you're getting something newer with same engine..........

Reactions: Stephen Booth

Stephen Booth

Nov 3, 2019
Essex
Just looked in my box of bits taken off and I don't have an o ring for the oe muffler. Can only think I re-used it with the delete, I actually can't remember? I'm assuming it's a lease going back? Otherwise, I would just leave the delete on, save the hassle, unless maybe you're getting something newer with same engine..........

long story short I bought a high flow intake package including muffler delete, high flow elbow etc etc. it hasn’t achieved what I wanted and has made the carb less torquey and really needs the car to be re-mapped for it all to work ! Because mines a manual before re-mapping I need to upgrade the clutch (approx £1000 fitted) which has blown that out of the water for the time being. So I’m taking it back to standard until I can upgrade the clutch, the O ring that came of with the OE muffler looks squashed and I would like to put it back together with a new one for peace of mind.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
long story short I bought a high flow intake package including muffler delete, high flow elbow etc etc. it hasn’t achieved what I wanted and has made the carb less torquey and really needs the car to be re-mapped for it all to work ! Because mines a manual before re-mapping I need to upgrade the clutch (approx £1000 fitted) which has blown that out of the water for the time being. So I’m taking it back to standard until I can upgrade the clutch, the O ring that came of with the OE muffler looks squashed and I would like to put it back together with a new one for peace of mind.

Out of curiousity - is it the full VAGSport intake kit you have? So the panel filter, elbow, muffler delete and hose?

Reactions: Stephen Booth

Stephen Booth

Nov 3, 2019
Essex
Out of curiousity - is it the full VAGSport intake kit you have? So the panel filter, elbow, muffler delete and hose?
Yes all of the above. Still trying to find out the size of the O ring no parts departments can locate it as an individual item and it looks like it is part of the turbo !

dsj20v

Dec 6, 2007
hampshire
Ive put the racingline muffler delete and silicon pipe on mine and i feel it does make a difference, maybe its the vagsport kit

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise