Oh the inconvenience!

seatram

Sep 8, 2017
Ilkeston
Was driving through the local Morrisons car park yesterday when some inconsiderate driver decided to pull straight out of a junction and cut me up! Only some slight scratches and the bumpers been dented slightly.

He admitted fault there and then and wants to pay for the damage himself, his car was an 08 Vauxhall Antara and said himself it already had damage on the part he hit me with.

Taking the car to a friend of a friend tonight to get the repair work quoted and then he's paying for it!

I really don't know how he hasn't managed to touch my alloy, just happy it's easily fixable damage!

For reference I've only had the car a month (Seat Leon Cupra 290)
97e6599e380d3ca15a05e8532c600c46.jpg
85ac851b57cbf7cbc1faaafa183c172a.jpg
bcd55493c9e2372e471d289129d0df81.jpg

Sent from my HD1910 using Tapatalk

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
Friend of a friends does mine who works for jct600, but works from home on the side. He charges me about £100 for a car respray, dents and it’s double.

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
I find supermarket carparks the worse for people blindly driving around in their own world. That damage does look easily repairable so hopefully you'll get it sorted without much fuss. Good that they've agreed to pay for it as they should.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Friend of a friends does mine who works for jct600, but works from home on the side. He charges me about £100 for a car respray, dents and it’s double.
HAd some damage similar to OP's on my last car with a dent about the size and shape of a banana on the rear wheel arch. cost me £300 to have it fixed and resprayed. Looks like it was never touched.

@seatram Where are you based? Wayne Green Body Repairs is a mate of mine and does fantastic work. Near Bury St Edmunds.

Reactions: Wilkesy

seatram

Sep 8, 2017
Ilkeston
HAd some damage similar to OP's on my last car with a dent about the size and shape of a banana on the rear wheel arch. cost me £300 to have it fixed and resprayed. Looks like it was never touched.

@seatram Where are you based? Wayne Green Body Repairs is a mate of mine and does fantastic work. Near Bury St Edmunds.
Derby/Nottingham, been quoted £360 and the guy is fine with paying that. Bumper/wing been ever so slightly bent in, hence the extra cost

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Was driving through the local Morrisons car park yesterday when some inconsiderate driver decided to pull straight out of a junction and cut me up! Only some slight scratches and the bumpers been dented slightly.

He admitted fault there and then and wants to pay for the damage himself, his car was an 08 Vauxhall Antara and said himself it already had damage on the part he hit me with.

Taking the car to a friend of a friend tonight to get the repair work quoted and then he's paying for it!

I really don't know how he hasn't managed to touch my alloy, just happy it's easily fixable damage!

For reference I've only had the car a month (Seat Leon Cupra 290)
97e6599e380d3ca15a05e8532c600c46.jpg
85ac851b57cbf7cbc1faaafa183c172a.jpg
bcd55493c9e2372e471d289129d0df81.jpg

With all due respect, is the bloke insured?

Him paying for it rings alarm bells for me. Shouldn't be on the road if he's uninsured. Did you check?

Reactions: seatgraham

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008

Him paying for it rings alarm bells for me. Shouldn't be on the road if he's uninsured. Did you check?
Why not

some people excess may be £1000 and will ruin NCB it’s not uncommon for people to settle outwith insurance companies

seatram

Sep 8, 2017
Ilkeston

He said he's not long insured it and his insurance cost him £2k, that rang alarm bells, and the fact he said he already had damage from a previous accident where he hit me. He took no photos and took none of my details. All he has is my phone number and my name. It's probably much cheaper to just fix mine than go through insurance. It would also probably skyrocket mine when I go for renewal!

He's doing a bank transfer to me tomorrow for the damage, if I get it then I'll consider the matter closed, just need to find the time to get it in the garage for the repair.

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
He said he's not long insured it and his insurance cost him £2k, that rang alarm bells, and the fact he said he already had damage from a previous accident where he hit me. He took no photos and took none of my details. All he has is my phone number and my name. It's probably much cheaper to just fix mine than go through insurance. It would also probably skyrocket mine when I go for renewal!

He's doing a bank transfer to me tomorrow for the damage, if I get it then I'll consider the matter closed, just need to find the time to get it in the garage for the repair.
I would've went through the SEAT Ensurance app. It makes sure that all repairs are done to spec.

No way I would've taken his word for paying for the damage.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015

I unfortunately ran into the back of someone 5 years ago now. They put a claim into the insurance for £500. 5 years on, I'm just getting my no claims back to normal and of course my premium has been up hundreds every year since. If the guy had said "gimme £500 cash mate and I'll walk away" I'd have drove with him to the bank there and then.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.