MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
So, does anyone have knowledge of what exactly the status codes cover? Been told mine is Code 60, 'In transit to dealer', I guess this means its somewhere between being loaded onto a transporter and having PDI completed? Or does it become Code 70 once it lands at the dealer prior to PDI?

sdolman84

Sep 17, 2019
To clarify that is it good to get in different gears or just keep getting the car to do between 1-3000 revs by altering speed

I can get down to 30mph in gear 6 !
I think its just a matter of varying the revs when possible and at higher speeds you'd do this varying the speed rather than gear changes i presume.. check this video out...

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
And here’s my luck
I'd just point out mate, that's the same type of self tapping screw that is used to screw the plastic panels to the inside of the wheel arch. I know because I had them off at the weekend. Either something's fallen off your car, or that screw was in there when it was delivered.

10Pcs-OEM-Inner-Hexagon-Self-tapping-Screws-Bolt-M5-16-For-A3-A4-A5-A6-A7.jpg_q50.jpg

Last edited:

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
O
I'd just point out mate, that's the same type of self tapping screw that is used to screw the plastic panels to the inside of the wheel arch. I know because I had them off at the weekend. Either something's fallen off your car, or that screw was in there when it was delivered.

10Pcs-OEM-Inner-Hexagon-Self-tapping-Screws-Bolt-M5-16-For-A3-A4-A5-A6-A7.jpg_q50.jpg
o yer I knew that and it’s clearly old and is in my rear tyre

100 percent was in there from delivery becuase when I drove it the pressure warning came on and the Psi was 27

I pumped it up to 44 and overnight for like 12 hours it went down 7 so it’s been going down for days clearly before delivery

they said it’s my issue

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Problem with something like a screw in a tyre is, unless you pick it up at your delivery inspection, there really isnt a way to prove you didn't drive over it 30 seconds into your ownership. At least a £10 repair isn't a big issue.

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
Had email from Zen today, car ready to be arranged for delivery, ordered 21st November non-lux car.

Reactions: Gooday

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Had email from Zen today, car ready to be arranged for delivery, ordered 21st November non-lux car.
Any idea which port and dealer yours was through? I know they use a few different ones, mine was ordered 20th and is still showing as en route to dealer, expect yours may have been collected a bit faster from the port. Plus, Grimsby and Tyne got bumped back a bit as the ship made a diversion over to Emden to load up some more VW group cars.

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
Any idea which port and dealer yours was through? I know they use a few different ones, mine was ordered 20th and is still showing as en route to dealer, expect yours may have been collected a bit faster from the port. Plus, Grimsby and Tyne got bumped back a bit as the ship made a diversion over to Emden to load up some more VW group cars.
To be honest I’ve not really chased up about it since my order. I never had a tracking number or anything like that, just left it fate. Must admit was bit surprised to see the email that it’s ready.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
How comes the advance driving pack does not include blind spot recognition

please can someone confirm what it has so I can check I have it

I defo have the traffic sign recognition,not been out at night yet so can’t check hi beam

Anyone know how the hi beam works, does it just come on and off auto if it’s really dark road or do i set it ?

TimT

Jul 18, 2019
Mk3/3.5 Leon Cupras dont have blind spot recognition available, you probably confused it with something else. for highbeam you need to have 'auto' on the lightswitch and then when driving you push the lightning stick forward and it should bring up an "A" or something like that on your digital dash.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Mk3/3.5 Leon Cupras dont have blind spot recognition available, you probably confused it with something else. for highbeam you need to have 'auto' on the lightswitch and then when driving you push the lightning stick forward and it should bring up an "A" or something like that on your digital dash.
It’s just I have it on my Ateca

I’m not sure why anyone would pay for high beam assist and traffic sign recognition,they both are pretty useless and it cost like over £1000 I believe

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
It’s just I have it on my Ateca
Ateca is a much newer model than the Mk.3 Leon, though. Yes, some technology (e.g. virtual cockpit) has been introduced with the MY updates but many systems have been held back for the Mk.4.

I’m not sure why anyone would pay for high beam assist and traffic sign recognition,they both are pretty useless
Don't agree with that, I think the high beam assist is brilliant and the sign recognition is decent given the council's predilection for putting signs very close to junctions.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Ateca is a much newer model than the Mk.3 Leon, though. Yes, some technology (e.g. virtual cockpit) has been introduced with the MY updates but many systems have been held back for the Mk.4.

Don't agree with that, I think the high beam assist is brilliant and the sign recognition is decent given the council's predilection for putting signs very close to junctions.
Maybe I need some explanation of what they both actually do

having been in it all day all it did was tell me the speed limit,no other signs came up and if your driving properly you should be seeing the speed limit signs lol

high beam is good but all it does is remove a simple flick of a stick we all rarely use

I can see it being handy with council cutting street lighting but most roads you don’t need high beam

BS1

Sep 1, 2019
I think its just a matter of varying the revs when possible and at higher speeds you'd do this varying the speed rather than gear changes i presume.. check this video out...

I agree with this to a certain extent - Engines like what’s in Nissan GTR are Hand built and Nissan admit none of their engines produce exactly the same horsepower - because there is room for error in a hand built process. The likes of these 2.0 EA888’s are mass produced to fine tolerances (I work in the industry - we manufacture to less than 30 microns for most precision parts) so I think as long as you vary the rpm ie don’t idle it and don’t rag it when it’s cold or redline it all the time you
Will be alright. At least that’s what I’m telling myself as I can’t help driving it quickly!! Tried to use paddles to keep it going above 5000rpm however but I think for the brief moments it’s in the higher rev ranges probably help it to ‘break in’

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
High beam is good but all it does is remove a simple flick of a stick we all rarely use. I can see it being handy with council cutting street lighting but most roads you don’t need high beam
Depends where you live I guess. I would say that only 15% of my daily commute has street lights. OK, we're now heading into a period where I commute in the daylight but for at least 5 months of the year, high beam is invaluable.

Reactions: Tivver500

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Depends where you live I guess. I would say that only 15% of my daily commute has street lights. OK, we're now heading into a period where I commute in the daylight but for at least 5 months of the year, high beam is invaluable.
Fair enough,my commute involves a single road for about 30 seconds the rest is lit