MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
When I last contacted them last week, they told me it’s still in transit on the way to the UK.

I’ve already had to extend my current lease for another month. I also need them to let me know ASAP about a delivery date, as it’s alright saying the 1st week of April, but then BCA might not be able to arrange the inspection and collection until a week or two after that, delaying it even more.

Tbh, it’s a good job that the deal is so good. Any other company I’ve used have been better and the process smoother.
Just wait until it’s not registered until April and they try to stiff you for more money.

Mar 19, 2020
Just wait until it’s not registered until April and they try to stiff you for more money.

Zen have said, registered in April or not, the VED increase will not be passed over to me. Either the dealership registers it before April and avoids it or they will be taking on the additional charges.

jack rush

Jan 16, 2019
Ordered in mid November, car arrived yesterday.

Had a white FR before this and regretted ordering a cupra in white and tried to change to blue, but it was too late. Having got the car now I definitely don't regret the white - looks awesome with the black mirror caps and alloys.

71 delivery miles and I've put 110 miles on it since yesterday, nothing crazy but I've seen what it's capable of.

Honestly I was expecting it to feel faster. It's definitely fast, but the power delivery is so smooth that it doesn't feel that fast.

I was also expecting to have issues with traction, but haven't had any wheel hop so far.

Overall I'm loving it. Huge step up from the 184 FR. I've heard a few crackles and pops from the exhaust already as well!

Nov 28, 2019
Update from Zen yesterday:

Your Seat has arrived at the UK compound ready to be transported to our dealership. We currently have a few delivery drivers off at the moment so please prepare yourself for a potential delay into early April. As soon as your vehicle has arrived, been PDI checked and the delivery dates offered we will be in touch.

Current lease due back early April... might have to Tax the Caterham and use that as a daily :headhurt:

Reactions: Tivver500

jack rush

Jan 16, 2019
Any chance of a few photos I've got a white one coming next week

Only taken two quick photos from poor angles, but here you go

Was planning on getting the badges wrapped black, but honestly I like the bronze in person.

Attachments

• 20200318_182529~2.jpg
    20200318_182529~2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 116
  • 20200319_182546~2.jpg
    20200319_182546~2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 117
Reactions: RoadkillGoat
Jan 20, 2020
Ordered my Cupra 290 Lux in white in November and finally the wait is over after it arrived this afternoon. Absolutely buzzing! First ever car like this.

Nationwide Vehicle Contracts have been great throughout to be honest although the lead time has been painful with Seat.

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Update from Zen yesterday:

Your Seat has arrived at the UK compound ready to be transported to our dealership. We currently have a few delivery drivers off at the moment so please prepare yourself for a potential delay into early April. As soon as your vehicle has arrived, been PDI checked and the delivery dates offered we will be in touch.

Current lease due back early April... might have to Tax the Caterham and use that as a daily :headhurt:

Just over 2 weeks from port to delivery for mine, scheduled for next week, hopefully!

Last edited:

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
Well I have decision to make. My order for a Lux 290 is due to be built week 17. I have my doubts about that given the state of the world at the moment. Dealer called me today saying he’s got a cancelled order car arriving - it’s a non Lux model in grey. I could have the car this month. I sent him away to come back to me with a new monthly price given it would be the non Lux model.

what you think? Should I go for it?

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
My order with Zen on 22/11/2019 is due at the dealers on 27th March and delivery is expected the following week sometime. Bit frustrating really though, as some people on here who have ordered pretty much the same time or even later appear to be getting their cars delivered a fair bit earlier.

Zen have also been awful on updates. Pretty much non-existent and I’ve had to chase them up for any kind of update. Obviously, with everything that’s going on aswell, it doesn’t give me the biggest hope.

I found it FAR easier to get the order nunmber and get updates from Seat CS over on Twitter, very helpful with regular updates whenever you ask.

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Well I have decision to make. My order for a Lux 290 is due to be built week 17. I have my doubts about that given the state of the world at the moment. Dealer called me today saying he’s got a cancelled order car arriving - it’s a non Lux model in grey. I could have the car this month. I sent him away to come back to me with a new monthly price given it would be the non Lux model.

I think the Lux has a few nice additions, but considering the factory is currently shut down due to the virus and could be 6+ weeks before it's back running according to the press release, I think you'll be looking a lot later than W17 build. I'd be pretty shocked if the MK3 production doesnt get canned before the factory reopens, if those timescales are correct or they push back the MK4.

Personally went for the standard as the price was far better, didn't se any logic in paying an extra £35 a month for nicer seats and a few utilities in what is effectively a rented car.

G_Morto

Mar 20, 2020

If I were you I would go for it.

I ordered a black non lux via Nationwide Vehicle Contracts and only had an estimated build date of 20 April before the recent developments.

However, I'm considering cancelling mines altogether since I'm still within the 14 day cancellation period and the fact that I'll probably struggle to sell my current car for a while now.

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
If I were you I would go for it.

I ordered a black non lux via Nationwide Vehicle Contracts and only had an estimated build date of 20 April before the recent developments.

However, I'm considering cancelling mines altogether since I'm still within the 14 day cancellation period and the fact that I'll probably struggle to sell my current car for a while now.

Unless you're happy to wait an unknown amount of time and, possibly, end up with the car being cancelled depending on how long the shutdown in Spain goes on, I'd look at pulling out TBH. Maybe worth seeing if anyone has a stock car ready to go instead?

menz83

Jan 30, 2020
Just wondering if anyone has received their goodwill from Seat? I have been waiting over a month now since it was promised.

Yeah I got a call from Seat the day my car was due at the dealer to let me know they were going to send the cheque. Arrived next day via recorded post

jack rush

Jan 16, 2019

Have you thought about buying used?

There are some immaculate 2019 Cupra Lux on Auto Trader for 25k and under, and you could be in one next week. Or as others have suggested, buy from stock? Not sure what colour you originally ordered, but if it wasn't grey then you'd be accepting a different colour and different model, you might regret that down the line - although it does look lovely in grey.

In the current climate I wouldn't wait for your lux to be built - too much uncertainty with the virus and incoming mk4. I also wouldn't expect there to be much price difference - the only reason I ended up with the Lux is because it was only £4 extra per month.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Just had my renewal for car insurance £380 not bad only £30 up from last year on a FR and I haven’t haggled yet

G_Morto

Mar 20, 2020
Have you thought about buying used?

There are some immaculate 2019 Cupra Lux on Auto Trader for 25k and under, and you could be in one next week. Or as others have suggested, buy from stock? Not sure what colour you originally ordered, but if it wasn't grey then you'd be accepting a different colour and different model, you might regret that down the line - although it does look lovely in grey.

In the current climate I wouldn't wait for your lux to be built - too much uncertainty with the virus and incoming mk4. I also wouldn't expect there to be much price difference - the only reason I ended up with the Lux is because it was only £4 extra per month.

I've managed to find one near me (funnily enough I think it was the one I test drove at the dealers before opting for nationwide who offered a cheaper deal).

2020 Cupra with less than 2000 miles for just under £25k.

Only worry I have is if they will let me arrive exchange my current car but also, if my finance application would be rejected since I've only just applied for finance a few weeks ago.

Edit - just phoned and of course being an idiot I didn't think that because it's technically not new they don't offer a lease for it. Oh well back go the drawing board!

Last edited:

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
DISKLOCK

I know it’s been discussed but I think I’m going to invest in one over Ghost but have some questions.

1. What size for the Cupra Hatch,Im sure small was correct ?

2.Im worries about it causing damage to the steering wheel over time and also by it being fiddly accidental damage.Any user comments ?

3.Any good place to get a good deal ?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members