Feckin’ Convid 19

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Least you're not being made redundant like me! All our clients have cancelled their own business dealings so my company is feeling the hit badly. Looks like work on the car will have to halt :(

Sorry to hear that. Our clients are eerily quiet and I can't seem to get hold of anybody to get anything done. I can't see this ending well. The government is saying what they are going to do for small businesses, etc. But a hand for those of us with bills to pay and jobs on the line would be a help!

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Sorry to hear that. Our clients are eerily quiet and I can't seem to get hold of anybody to get anything done. I can't see this ending well. The government is saying what they are going to do for small businesses, etc. But a hand for those of us with bills to pay and jobs on the line would be a help!
Im fortunate enough to be able to carry on my business as normal as it is largely unaffected by the pandemic. However, with most of my clients migrating to remote working, everyone is having issues with IT and getting connected. I imagine in a week those issues should be ironed out so we can continue as best we can. I do wonder for the guys that are self employed though.

Most business are tryign to carry on as normal but with limits on social contact. but business that requires contact with others will struggle.

Reactions: Legojon

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Our clients are eerily quiet and I can't seem to get hold of anybody to get anything done.

Same here. I keep checking the phones to make sure the line hasn't been cut off.
Even the unsolicited calls trying to sell us a new energy package/a better deal on business rates/company vans/toner cartridges have stopped. I guess there's a good side to every situation.....

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Same here. I keep checking the phones to make sure the line hasn't been cut off.
Even the unsolicited calls trying to sell us a new energy package/a better deal on business rates/company vans/toner cartridges have stopped. I guess there's a good side to every situation.....

A couple of times I've tried to make a call and it's not even rung. I'm expecting any second for the phone lines to go... then the power... then the water... then the zombies!

Reactions: 'Little' John

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
So far everything is being done to protect the NHS - Goes to show just how fragile it is. Electricity/Gas/Water which are classed as C.N.I have not even been mentioned yet ....best get panic buying bottled water/candles and generators :)

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
So far everything is being done to protect the NHS - Goes to show just how fragile it is. Electricity/Gas/Water which are classed as C.N.I have not even been mentioned yet ....best get panic buying bottled water/candles and generators :)

At the shops, I've walked past bottle water (the kind of sizes that you'd normally find in an office cooler) stacked in a giant pyramid. Yet everyone's bought all the Pepsi. LOL. Go figure.

zombies ? - You mean teenagers without social media ?

Depends... if I'm not allowed to hit them in the head with a shovel, it's not a zombie.

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
Latest panic buying here is apparently freezers! I suppose it makes sense, you've got to put all that unnecessary food somewhere...

tak-fr

Dec 3, 2017
Hope everyone is staying safe during this rough patch we’re facing globally.

At work we had a letter explaining if the situation with the virus doesn’t get better by the end of April some of us will have to be laid off. We’re currently doing split shift patterns. It sucks but we’re taking it day by day. Good luck and all the best to you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Seriously?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hope everyone is staying safe during this rough patch we’re facing globally.

At work we had a letter explaining if the situation with the virus doesn’t get better by the end of April some of us will have to be laid off. We’re currently doing split shift patterns. It sucks but we’re taking it day by day. Good luck and all the best to you all!

Hopefully the government will have done something by then. If they do something like they are proposing and cover 75% of the wage bill for 3 months... it might be enough for employers to ride it out without letting us go.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Hopefully the government will have done something by then. If they do something like they are proposing and cover 75% of the wage bill for 3 months... it might be enough for employers to ride it out without letting us go.
CNN
Just found out i’m classed as an essential worker but due to home situation I can’t go in. . Work have been good about it so far but I do feel guilty not being able to do my bit and have been relying on work colleagues to fill in for me

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
CNN
Just found out i’m classed as an essential worker but due to home situation I can’t go in. . Work have been good about it so far but I do feel guilty not being able to do my bit and have been relying on work colleagues to fill in for me

You shouldn't feel guilty. Your family come first & health is the most important issue now.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Latest panic buying here is apparently freezers! I suppose it makes sense, you've got to put all that unnecessary food somewhere...
Somewhere to put the extra toilet rolls...thieves wouldn't think of looking there for them. :roflmao:

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I’ve just heard that where I work they are rationing toilet roll. If anyone needs to go to the toilet they have to go collect some toilet roll.

There’s about 7000+ plus people work on the site so I guess it’s a job for someone lol

tak-fr

Dec 3, 2017

Hope so.
As our holidays are April-April they have said to use the holidays we have which equates to about 3 weeks paid to build up the income then it’ll be 1 week unpaid or whatever statutory if we do even fit the criteria. I hope something comes into place, we should hear something at 5pm by Mr. Boris.

The worst thing about it there’s little to no jobs hiring if the worst happens.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members