Brembo Bleeding

Johny

Feb 22, 2020
Hi everyone, so my custom made braided lines should be with me on Monday, I've got the discs and I'll have the pads and brake fluid on Monday, i can install it all then but reading about the bleeding on the LCR im starting to wonder whether to bleed them myself or not.

Has anyone bleed them the old fashioned way where one person is opening the bleeder valves and the other is pushing the brake pedal? Would i be fine if the pedal is only pushed half way thru?

Im thinking i would bleed them this way atleast so the car is safe to drive for about 2 miles to the garage as I'll be having some work done on the suspension so id have the mechanic bleed the entire system then including the master cylinder and clutch which many people recommend should be bleed too.

Cheers for any tips, i thought its an easy diy but reading about it it seems its not.

Odesláno z mého SM-N960F pomocí Tapatalk

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
You would be better off getting a Gunsons easi-bleeder , easy to use and forces the fluid through the lines and out of the bleed screws + 1 man job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mty12345

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Although I've lost count of how many sets of LCR Brembo calipers I've removed over the years I've never actually bled them.
This will be changing very soon though as I've acquired a fresh pair to go onto my car so bleeding will be inevitable.
With this in mind I've purchased a vacuum bleeder to hopefully carry out the job properly.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I've been wanting to bleed my brakes for years bit never had anyone around to help - or anyone I trusted to do what they had to. That looks amazing - I'll definitely be picking up one of those...

Reactions: mty12345

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
I've been wanting to bleed my brakes for years bit never had anyone around to help - or anyone I trusted to do what they had to. That looks amazing - I'll definitely be picking up one of those...

Yep, really great bit of kit and pretty much eliminates the chances of damaging the seals on the master cylinder too. Just remember to reduce the pressure on your spare tire to about 18psi before connecting it.

Johny

Feb 22, 2020
How is it with the master cylinder and clutch needing to be bleeded aswell, how is the access to those bleeding nipples or w.e they are.

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
The master cylinder has 2 bleed nipples - a bit fiddly but not too bad but I’ve not had to do the clutch.

Johny

Feb 22, 2020
Thanks for the help guys, I'll get that bleeding kit and hopefully it'll be fine.

wilfster

Mar 6, 2010
The Gunsons jobby can be a useful bit of kit but it's not very well made. Before you start check all the pipe/cap connections in the Eezibleed are secure and can stand the pressure. Put protective sheets under the bottle and pipework. Mine usually p*sses out brake fluid everywhere when it's connected to the spare wheel! Make sure you've got plenty of brake fluid because you may waste a lot of it.

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
The Gunsons jobby can be a useful bit of kit but it's not very well made. Before you start check all the pipe/cap connections in the Eezibleed are secure and can stand the pressure. Put protective sheets under the bottle and pipework. Mine usually p*sses out brake fluid everywhere when it's connected to the spare wheel! Make sure you've got plenty of brake fluid because you may waste a lot of it.

Must be luck of the draw I guess, I've used mine 8 or 9 times and it's never leaked at all.

Johny

Feb 22, 2020
So I finally got my braided brake lines, now when installing them i notice the brake line from the car doesnt screw into the braided hose entirely as it did into the old hose, i measure the depth of the braided hose opening and the "bolt" from the brake line is longer so im pretty sure its fine the way it is but id rather double check as it is brakes im playing with so want to be 100% sure.

Next thing is the brake bleeding, would the kit on the picture be ok? Seeing youtube videos id rather work this then the pressure bleeder.
32f2b1968a1ac586fc9aa8e7cd14e776.jpg
1265b843a6f1f04622fa2fa2ea141b4d.jpg