This is mine and I DO NOT have ACC.
3d41be48c6615f0089b241afb65e24c2.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Not sure whether I would want to risk retrofitting ACC. Imagine that with insurance when it fails and you plough into the back of a car in front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If the standard on failed you’d still be the one liable. I usually brake before the front assist even kicks in even for an emergency.

Only once has it already been braking for me when I hit the pedal. I know because the brake pedal was already hard and where front assist was maybe braking 50% when I hit the pedal in reaction it became a full on emergency stop and I looked a right ****head stopping no where near the idiot that pulled out.

So nice to know the system puts leeway into it.

So I’d say retro fitting is fine so long as you don’t plan on trying to be a google driver and text on your phone thinking electronics are flawless.

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
If the standard on failed you’d still be the one liable. I usually brake before the front assist even kicks in even for an emergency.

Only once has it already been braking for me when I hit the pedal. I know because the brake pedal was already hard and where front assist was maybe braking 50% when I hit the pedal in reaction it became a full on emergency stop and I looked a right ****head stopping no where near the idiot that pulled out.

So nice to know the system puts leeway into it.

So I’d say retro fitting is fine so long as you don’t plan on trying to be a google driver and text on your phone thinking electronics are flawless.

I agree all I’m saying is The factory fitted one will be known to the insurance company. If it fails you will be insured.

If you retrofit it then have an accident which worst case kills someone the insurance will take the car away for analysis if found and not standard or declared they will just void your insurance.

Cruise control is slightly different as you still have to judge the distant in front. ACC takes that input out of the equation which is a quite crucial. If it failed on a factory fitted one you would be able to go after SEAT.

That’s all I’m saying. Heck I’m always up for tinkering, crack on. Just putting it out there.

Reactions: Damo H

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I agree all I’m saying is The factory fitted one will be known to the insurance company. If it fails you will be insured.

If you retrofit it then have an accident which worst case kills someone the insurance will take the car away for analysis if found and not standard or declared they will just void your insurance.

Cruise control is slightly different as you still have to judge the distant in front. ACC takes that input out of the equation which is a quite crucial. If it failed on a factory fitted one you would be able to go after SEAT.

That’s all I’m saying. Heck I’m always up for tinkering, crack on. Just putting it out there.

Yeah you make a good point if they go and analyse it,
Not really thought about that. Would be interesting to know if there are any differences or if like high beam assist it just an option to turn on if you’ve got the other bits.

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Yeah you make a good point if they go and analyse it,
Not really thought about that. Would be interesting to know if there are any differences or if like high beam assist it just an option to turn on if you’ve got the other bits.

The likely hood that would happen is low but not worth it IMO. Then again I have acc so I’m going to say that.

I have the advanced comfort pack which has lane, traffic jam and high beam assist. This has a camera above the rear view mirror. As far as I’m aware the camera is watching for road markings, signs and oncoming lights for high beam assist. The radar is monitoring surrounding vehicles used for acc.

So I would say you need the camera to have any chance of enabling high beam assist.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
The likely hood that would happen is low but not worth it IMO. Then again I have acc so I’m going to say that.

I have the advanced comfort pack which has lane, traffic jam and high beam assist. This has a camera above the rear view mirror. As far as I’m aware the camera is watching for road markings, signs and oncoming lights for high beam assist. The radar is monitoring surrounding vehicles used for acc.

So I would say you need the camera to have any chance of enabling high beam assist.

Yeah got ACC myself, just sometimes all the the parts are fitted just not enabled. Like how the early seats don’t have the camera sign detection, but it can be turned on if you have the other options fitted.

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire
Resurrecting and old thread here. For those who have ACC fitted from factory could you please advise if you have version A or B of the light stalk pictured below, and what year your LEON car is and the model range (Xcellence, Xcellence Lux etc)

Version A:
Version-A.jpg

Version B:

Inked-Version-B-LI.jpg

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
I'd go with whatever your car currently has. The button on that stalk brings up front assist where you can turn it on or off. Are far as I'm aware it doesn't have anything to do with the ACC. That is controlled by the additional button of the CC stalk.

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire
I'd go with whatever your car currently has. The button on that stalk brings up front assist where you can turn it on or off. Are far as I'm aware it doesn't have anything to do with the ACC. That is controlled by the additional button of the CC stalk.
Yeah the front assist can be accessed from other places so did wonder why you would want it in such and easily accessible place such as the end of the stalk. In that case I'll settle on version A.

Jul 23, 2020
Hi, today i finally done my acc retrofit. Since I already had a front assist radar part number is sw: 5Q0907572P hw: 3QF907572D, I didn't need to do radar and additional wiring. I just had to change stalks, and ordered my local dealer them, 5Q1953507BQ part number for stalks. And found someone 1 months ago who has able to code my radar, today arrived my vas diagnostic device for remote connection and let them. All process took around 2 hours.

If someone needs, contact with them : https://www.instagram.com/vagretrofit or fb : https://www.facebook.com/vagretrofitcoding

Very professional and helpful
photo5823240909481948044.jpg

Last edited:

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
I can confirm all of the above statements! Very helpful guy!

Just wish I didn't have to wait for the Aliexpress wiring for over 2 months now!! All other parts are ready and waiting to be fitted.

Reactions: mryuni

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire
Hi, today i finally done my acc retrofit. Since I already had a front assist radar part number is sw: 5Q0907572P hw: 3QF907572D, I didn't need to do radar and additional wiring. I just had to change stalks, and ordered my local dealer them, 5Q1953507BQ part number for stalks. And found someone 1 months ago who has able to code my radar, today arrived my vas diagnostic device for remote connection and let them. All process took around 2 hours.

If someone needs, contact with them : https://www.instagram.com/vagretrofit or fb : https://www.facebook.com/vagretrofitcoding

Very professional and helpful
. View attachment 16845
Did your stalk have the front assist button as shown in my post above? (Version B)

Reactions: mryuni

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
TBH, ACC ain't all that - when people overtake you and cut you off, it just slams the brakes.
Also, when a car moves out of your way, it takes a fair amount of time to react and understand it can accelerate again.
It has nice sides also, but for instance in Finland, when the sensor gets blocked with snow, it stops working altogether and you have no cruise control at all - it cannot fallback to traditional cruise control functionality.
Couldn’t agree more with the first point. Had a courtesy car with it and this happened a few times. Definitely not Manchester traffic friendly.

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire
Couldn’t agree more with the first point. Had a courtesy car with it and this happened a few times. Definitely not Manchester traffic friendly.

ACC has its benefits and disadvantages as you’ve both suggested. For rural A class trunk roads where it’s just plod along It’s great. I agree for dual carriageway ring roads where they are treated like a racetrack it’s not great because of the numpties you’ve described who insist on cutting back into the lane they’ve overtaken from rather than gradually gliding back in.

Reactions: Jay5959

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
ACC has its benefits and disadvantages as you’ve both suggested. For rural A class trunk roads where it’s just plod along It’s great. I agree for dual carriageway ring roads where they are treated like a racetrack it’s not great because of the numpties you’ve described who insist on cutting back into the lane they’ve overtaken from rather than gradually gliding back in.
That’s a good point, never went on roads like that. It also brings the car down a few insurance groups right? Wonder if this would apply to a retrofit

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.