MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

jack rush

Jan 16, 2019
I've managed to find one near me (funnily enough I think it was the one I test drove at the dealers before opting for nationwide who offered a cheaper deal).

2020 Cupra with less than 2000 miles for just under £25k.

Only worry I have is if they will let me arrive exchange my current car but also, if my finance application would be rejected since I've only just applied for finance a few weeks ago.

Edit - just phoned and of course being an idiot I didn't think that because it's technically not new they don't offer a lease for it. Oh well back go the drawing board!

Have you considered a PCP deal on it?

It's not leasing, but it's about as close as it gets. Lower monthly payments due to the balloon payment at the end, and if you don't want to buy it at the end of the term you just hand it back.

It's also easier to get out of a PCP deal than it is a lease should you ever need to get rid of the car. You can either sell it and settle the outstanding finance, or you can legally hand the car back with no fees once you've paid off 50% of your contract.

If you're dead set on leasing though then it's obviously not for you.

G_Morto

Mar 20, 2020
Have you considered a PCP deal on it?

It's not leasing, but it's about as close as it gets. Lower monthly payments due to the balloon payment at the end, and if you don't want to buy it at the end of the term you just hand it back.

It's also easier to get out of a PCP deal than it is a lease should you ever need to get rid of the car. You can either sell it and settle the outstanding finance, or you can legally hand the car back with no fees once you've paid off 50% of your contract.

If you're dead set on leasing though then it's obviously not for you.

My current car was initially a PCP contract.
Tbh the lease deals on the Cupra were just too good compared to the Monthlies on PCP and not having to pay road tax is a big bonus as well.

Seems like a few local dealers do have Cupras in stock again but they're still quoting prices far higher than what Nationwide were offering.

I'll give it a while to see it they shift, it not then hopefully the prices will come down.

Fozzy84

Apr 23, 2012
There are a lot of Used Cupra's filtering thru into the dealers at the moment. Places like IMG Seat were offering 279 pm lease deals which are all due back this year. So should be plenty of choice.

Some lease companies offer lease on a nearly new car, can't name any right now but i know they do.

Plenty of nearly new ones at dealers or mike brewer motors.

The factory shut for orders a few weeks ago due to the new Leon launching soon.

Also, dealers won't try and match stupidly cheap lease deals to make no money, they'd rather hold onto their stock, sell it cash or PCP and make some profit, cos lets face it, thats what they are there to do!

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
2nd hand value has dropped quite a lot recently too. I had a good stint of 7 months of my car being cheaper new than the 2nd hand values on Autotrader. That changed this month with the first 2nd hand Lux being sold for £22k, exactly the same price I paid new.
I suppose 7 months of zero depreciation is a good run on a hot hatchback.

Fozzy84

Apr 23, 2012
Yeah used prices have been strong for a while now. Might find they drop quite a bit now. But... as factories are closed, in 4-6 months new cars may be at short supply; which “might” push used car prices back up again.. but who knows!!.. just my theory.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Yeah used prices have been strong for a while now. Might find they drop quite a bit now. But... as factories are closed, in 4-6 months new cars may be at short supply; which “might” push used car prices back up again.. but who knows!!.. just my theory.
I think long term they'll recover a bit. But in the current climate who's buying a hot hatch haha.

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
DISKLOCK

I know it’s been discussed but I think I’m going to invest in one over Ghost but have some questions.

1. What size for the Cupra Hatch,Im sure small was correct ?

2.Im worries about it causing damage to the steering wheel over time and also by it being fiddly accidental damage.Any user comments ?

3.Any good place to get a good deal ?

1: small fits comfortably. Even if you install paddle extenders.

2: buy the steering wheel protector. It’s like a pair of stretchy knickers for your wheel. Search for Disklok steering wheel cover...

3: is expect to pay between £100 - £120 new. It’s great.

If the bag for the boot doesn’t come as standard (can’t remember) then order that too. Otherwise it’ll piss you off.

No damage to our wheel in 4 months and my wife uses it daily.

Reactions: sdolman84

ALTEA4

Jan 12, 2019
Not sure if anyone else has found this but the performance of the ST is a bit hit and miss.
Out and about on my own it's a cracking car, very quick when the road allows and great grip.
But when my Mrs is in the passenger seat the car seems to have performance problems, the seat has an invisible prodder which keeps getting me between the ribs , this has the effect of less throttle response and a much slower car.
Do I take the car to a dealer or a solicitor?

To the poster above:
I leave one of these on the wheel , easy on and off and storage. Weighs a couple of kg so hopefully a deterrent against getting whacked legs,arms and bollocks.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Onguard-Pitbull-8005-Bike-Cable/dp/B00XAM0NYI

menz83

Jan 30, 2020
Well after thinking it would be months more to wait after my initial 7 month wait, I got a call from LO last night to say they've had a cancellation and they've booked me in for delivery next Friday. My original car has sat outside a body shop for 2 weeks with no repair on sight. My luck is obviously someone else's bad luck and I hope they've not had to cancel due to the virus situation.

I'm now stuck with my Golf however, I had a sale lined up but they've had to pull out because of the virus. I'm just getting silly offers in for it right now. Buying companies are taking advantage of the virus situation, clearly knowing people will be desperate for money losing jobs left right and centre, offering half the money they were offering last week. If these guys are doing this for extra profit, it makes me sick.

There's no doubt the car market in general is slow right now, I might have to park up my golf until the market recovers. I'm due to move house in 8 days though and selling that car was all about freeing up capital to buy the place. Talk about bad timing, but it's just small problems compared to what's going on in the country right now.

Roll on next Friday!

Reactions: Rowan83

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
I’m le

2: buy the steering wheel protector. It’s like a pair of stretchy knickers for your wheel. Search for Disklok steering wheel cover...

If the bag for the boot doesn’t come as standard (can’t remember) then order that too. Otherwise it’ll piss you off.

Leaning towards it and found it in Halfords where I get 20 percent off which is a bonus.

my only issue is that it’s key operated

where are you storing the key because other than a deterrent if it’s on your keys and someone breaks in it’s useless and if you hide it we are back onto the being threatened and putting your family at risk

I have tested the keyless and the car can’t be opened anymore even if moved,so they can’t copy it and would have to break in, so in reality what’s the point in spending £120 because only thieves ready to break in would ever steal it anyway and if you hide the key the next thing is someone in your bedroom threatening you for it’s whereabout

‘I guess at least with ghost they may think the thing is broken when it don’t start and wouldn’t know you have it

thoughts ??

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I suspect the current thinking is that whilst the visual deterrents are probably enough to put of the 'casual' car thief, sadly if the pros want your motor, they'll take it by whatever means necessary. In that situation, I'd reckon that the easier it is to nick, the less likely they are to come looking for you or your family.

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
I’ve had a week so with my blue 300st and as I’m bored due to working from home I thought I’d share my thoughts on it. I’m not an enthusiast like most on here- though have owned 4 previous cupras the last one being a mk2, 12 years ago.

Exterior. For me it is gorgeous design, understated, a real wolf in sheeps clothing, kind of reminds me of the old Volvo T5’s. The wheels look amazing, I also actually like the copper badges in the flesh, the mystery blue probably not the best contrast though.

interior.
Top marks, really simple, well laid out, seats could be better and I would have defiantly got the lux given the choice. Only complaint is the dash is a horrible shiny plastic that reflects too much on the windscreen.

ICE.
Digital cockpit is fantastic, media and Apple play in particular have been glitchy as hell. The stereo is no better than average. for a car of this price is a huge disappointment.

Equipment.
The lack of a reversing camera, and keyless (haven’t used a key to start a car for 8 years) is frankly bizarre in a near £40k car. Other than that it’s everything you’d expect for the money.

Driving.
I’ve not driven a AWD drive for years and never one with a DSG. Jesus what a match they are. The grip and acceleration are almost super car territory. the steering response was the first thing that struck me, it is laser sharp, actually taken me a bit to get used to. The throttle response is as sharp as the steering, this combined with awd (and me seeing just how much grip there was) led to a mid corner lift off and the oversteer was unexpected (the amount). Will take a bit of getting used to and won’t be doing it again in a hurry. The driving modes are great apart from the exhaust note in cupra. It’s actually really comfortable and smooth when you want it to be and an animal when there’s no kids in the back, personally don’t think it’s as much fun as a RWD but a great compromise.

overall It’s everything anybody could want from a car, a jack of all trades, just need to adjust my driving style a bit to get the most of it. Shane about the stereo.

sdolman84

Sep 17, 2019

I can concur with the above. Small, Steering wheel cover to protect and bag is an option if keeping in your boot as helps stop it sliding around.

Also when you put the lock on the wheel, turn it 180% degrees. This will mean the part of the lock where the weight that can imprint your wheel won’t be touching. You’ll know what I mean when you get it!

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
I can concur with the above. Small, Steering wheel cover to protect and bag is an option if keeping in your boot as helps stop it sliding around.

Also when you put the lock on the wheel, turn it 180% degrees. This will mean the part of the lock where the weight that can imprint your wheel won’t be touching. You’ll know what I mean when you get it!
Imprint your wheel !!

sdolman84

Sep 17, 2019
Imprint your wheel !!
Well it probably wouldn’t especially if you have a cover. It’s hard to describe the underside of the disk lock but there are some little bars that could sit on your wheel. If you left the lock on for a long enough period of time with the weight on these bars (which would be pressing into your soft leather wheel), it may indent it over time.. Not necessarily permanently either. I’ll try get a pic of what I mean but i was advised on turning the lock 180% so these little bars don’t even touch the wheel, which they don’t if you do this.. So don’t let that comment put you off!

jack rush

Jan 16, 2019
Had my Cupra for 3 days and already got a crack in my windshield.

Had to replace a windshield a few months ago in my FR, and the driver's side window a few months before that after my car was broken into...

Insurance company loves me.

Mikertroid

May 31, 2019
As an airline pilot my wage is about to plummet. I don’t need to take silly offers, but it’s an expense I could do without, having purchased via bank loan.

It’s on the sales page but I couldn’t upload pics... probably everyone’s maxing out the internet.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Can anyone advise in My20 in case it matter that when you select D/S it don’t light up red like the others.

P R N and if I tap over to +and - do but not D/S

that normal ?

Attachments

• 33477AE2-5207-4246-AE93-B87949CEE1ED.jpeg
    33477AE2-5207-4246-AE93-B87949CEE1ED.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 131
  • F0EE7ADA-6C9A-4155-B455-5E81249A6394.jpeg
    F0EE7ADA-6C9A-4155-B455-5E81249A6394.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 136
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members