Arona FR Sport 1.5 Evo Ordered..

• Thread starter Deleted member 124550
  • Start date

Deleted member 124550

Hi All,

Upgrading from an Ibiza FR 115ps.
Wasn't too sure about the 1.5 Evo engine in the Arona having read some bad reviews talking about 'kangerooing' but had no such issues on my test drives.
Hopefully getting it Weds or Thurs but could all change due to Coronavirus
icon_e_sad.gif

As an aside, slightly disappointed the FR Sport only comes with rear parking sensors. Does anyone know if front parking sensors can be retro-fitted so they work through the touch screen display?

Reactions: Syphon

33q

Feb 10, 2020
My wife's Arona is now in the UK so C19 willing we will collect it this week. Her current Polo has front sensors and they are useful but as you say the FR doesn't have them. Our dealership were not keen to retrofit them hinting a a few problems of integration...never really got to the bottom of it

Deleted member 124550

My wife's Arona is now in the UK so C19 willing we will collect it this week. Her current Polo has front sensors and they are useful but as you say the FR doesn't have them. Our dealership were not keen to retrofit them hinting a a few problems of integration...never really got to the bottom of it
Thanks for your response, doesn't sound too promising for a retrofit!

Fingers crossed you're able to collect this week.

33q

Feb 10, 2020
Been asked if she wants to cancel but we have decided to wait until things improve....picking up a new car nor delivering it is not essential. Let's all do our bit to help get through this.

Deleted member 124550

Completely agree.
It'll be something to look forward to when this is all over...

Reactions: 33q

Deleted member 124550

Car collected on Thursday 28th May, really pleased with it. Definitely no kangerooing!

Right now, having a ceramic paint protector applied and next week having a reverse camera installed.

Happy days!

ToshW

Mar 23, 2018
Sheffield
Car collected on Thursday 28th May, really pleased with it. Definitely no kangerooing!

Right now, having a ceramic paint protector applied and next week having a reverse camera installed.

Happy days!

Are you having the camera installed by your dealer or third party?

Wanting to fit one to my Arona as I accepted a ready built model rather than wait (and glad I did with the current situation). Seat option is apparently £410

Deleted member 124550

Are you having the camera installed by your dealer or third party?

Wanting to fit one to my Arona as I accepted a ready built model rather than wait (and glad I did with the current situation). Seat option is apparently £410

Hi,

I had it fitted by a 3rd party by this guy:
https://www.vehicleinstallationsolutions.co.uk

It cost £225 and came with a two year guarantee. It works through the touch screen and in conjunction with the rear sensors as the factory fitted one would.

Reactions: ToshW

Mick59

Feb 1, 2016
Hi All

Just picked up my new arona FR Sport 1.5 EVO last week after running an Ibiza FR 1,4 ECO TSI for the last 4
years. I was a bit worried about all the reports on the 1.5 engine but no probs on the test drive and has been fine
over the 400 miles its now done. I think the low first gear may have some bearing on the kangerooing problem
but if you short shift its ok. Love the car itself, bit taller and bigger than the Ibiza which is perfect for us and have purchased
an armrest from Listers Seat Worcester (Exellent service, thanks lads} which was a doddle to fit and looks great, only problem its
a bit low to be useful as an armrest but has nice size storage.
Having a dashcam fitted this week and am going to ask about rearview camera as we had one on the Ibiza and was really
useful.
All in delighted with the car and with a few tweaks here and there it will be sorted

Mick.

Reactions: Syphon
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.