Decent non OEM alloy brands?

Fortis

Jul 11, 2019
Wanting some new alloys and can’t find any decent looking OEM ones that are 17 inch. I want them to fit my current tires because they’re fine at the moment then eventually will be getting some PS4s or falcons to then fit my alloys later down the line.

Struggling to find some decent 17s with thinner spokes, currently have the 2016 fr 5 spoke alloys which are too thick for my liking. I love the 18in performance but sadly no 17s

which brands would you recommend?
Iv been told stay away from fox alloys because then last long.

Cheers

Reactions: Walone

SRGTD

May 26, 2014

+1 for BBS wheels. I’m a big fan of BBS SR alloys in Himalaya Grey - powder coated, so none of issues with white worm corrosion associated with many diamond cut alloys, and they have thinner spokes too, which is what @Fortis is looking for. They’re available as 7.5J x 17” with an offset of ET45.

https://www.rimstyle.com/alloywheels/detail/?car_model_id=1858&year=2019&s=XBuDKaPL

Borbet make a lot of OEM wheels

O.Z are good
Team Dynamics not bad either

In addition to Borbet, Ronal also make OEM wheels for VAG.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
One of the best looking aftermarket wheels around IMHO
Agree.

There’s also a diamond cut version of the BBS SR alloy, but with my aversion to diamond cut wheels, I’d not be buying the diamond cut version.

There are a few owners over on golfgtiforum.co.uk who’ve bought the 18” and 19” version of the grey BBS SR wheels for their Golf GTI’s and they do look good - and quite OEM looking too.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Wanting some new alloys and can’t find any decent looking OEM ones that are 17 inch. I want them to fit my current tires because they’re fine at the moment then eventually will be getting some PS4s or falcons to then fit my alloys later down the line.
Struggling to find some decent 17s with thinner spokes, currently have the 2016 fr 5 spoke alloys which are too thick for my liking. I love the 18in performance but sadly no 17s
which brands would you recommend?
Iv been told stay away from fox alloys because then last long.

Cheers
I'm glad you asked this question because I am thinking of doing the same!

Brackett

May 12, 2019
I always like the 5 (thick) spokes, but no idea how they would look on the ST. Something like these https://www.rimstyle.com/alloywheels/detail/?car_model_id=1858&year=2018&s=DpFFrgQq

1.jpg

If anyone fancies photoshopping them, or pointing me towards a simple (idiot proof) free software package to do it, then let me know!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.