MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

menz83

Jan 30, 2020
My Cupra is (or was) scheduled to be delivered this Friday. I've bought insurance for it already but I really don't think it will come given the current circumstances...

You have a 14 day cooling off period so you can cancel penalty free. Insurance companies still charge a cancellation fee but if you do need to cancel, I would do my best to get them to waive the charge given the circumstances

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Well, if it helps reassure anyone I just had a call from the transport company, the dealer is still operating on all levels bar the customer facing showroom but all back office is still being carried out as usual. Confirmed that delivery is on today, around midday.

SulCupra

Mar 1, 2020
Just spoke to Zen, my particular dealer (Sytner) have closed all their operation and I have been advised it is extremely unlikely the car will be delivered on Friday. Just waiting for a proper confirmation before I cancel. Probably a good thing as the car will just be sat on my drive for a few months

menz83

Jan 30, 2020
Had an update from LO, deliveries being stopped by dealers at present so highly unlikely I'll being seeing my car this Friday. No surprise really and the sensible thing to be doing

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Be surprised if they continue the MK3 now,if I was them I would stop and start fresh

feel sort of lucky I finally got mine

It is a great car and for now I can leave without a led in my D/S and battery cover I can order

Gooday

Aug 15, 2001
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
Just spoke to Zen, my particular dealer (Sytner) have closed all their operation and I have been advised it is extremely unlikely the car will be delivered on Friday. Just waiting for a proper confirmation before I cancel. Probably a good thing as the car will just be sat on my drive for a few months
Zen are still looking into whether or not my car will be delivered tomorrow. Just glad I havent paid the deposit yet....

Nov 25, 2019
Zen are still looking into whether or not my car will be delivered tomorrow. Just glad I havent paid the deposit yet....
My delivery was due today between 9 and 1pm
Car is from Zen via Sytner
The dealer rang this morning at 7.00am to ask if I would accept delivery
I told him that under the circumstances I would prefer to delay delivery

Gooday

Aug 15, 2001
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
Had a voicemail from Vindis, through Zen, and my delivery for tomorrow is cancelled. Not sure what happens now..

Lucky I already have a car, not that I can go anywhere in it!

SulCupra

Mar 1, 2020
I've paid the deposit for mine...wonder if I should call up and ask for it back? Although it was only 1 month upfront (£227)

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Well mine arrived around midday, the delivery guy said he was quite surprised there was any dealers open this morning. I actually needed a car for occasional use, grocery shopping etc as there's nothing particularly near me, and my Z4 insurance requires another car insured in my name to be valid for use on the road. Felt a bit odd in the current situation to be accepting a new car but needs must. On the plus side, it being hardly used for the next few weeks means I'll have more mileage allowance to play with later once this all clears up!

Oh, goes like stink too, in both a lazy and a kick in the teeth way depending on how you drive it.

Reactions: Gooday

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
Well mine is on order - the way its going in Spain I can't ever see it getting built now. Dealer had a cancellation car he offered me but I've tried to contact him for past couple of days to go ahead with it (different colour (Grey not Silver, not Lux which I ordered) but he has been busy and not returned my calls. Dealership now closed other than workshop. Oh well it looks like that's it.

Mar 6, 2020
Just cancelled my order, gutted doesn't come close, SEAT had led me to believe car was sat at Barcelona awaiting ship allocation for transport to the UK, been informed this morning that car is not even built let alone at the port, car was ordered 26/02 through Lookers Stockport

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Can't see them restarting MK3 manufacturing once they reopen. They'll jump straight into MK4 I'd imagine. Unless they have a ton of parts they need to use up that can't be used in the MK4.

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
Can't see them restarting MK3 manufacturing once they reopen. They'll jump straight into MK4 I'd imagine. Unless they have a ton of parts they need to use up that can't be used in the MK4.
Doubt that there's many parts in the supply chain. Everything's just in time manufacture these days.

May depend on whether the Mk4 is truly production ready but, given that the press were supposed to receive test cars soon, it can't be far away.

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Doubt that there's many parts in the supply chain. Everything's just in time manufacture these days.

May depend on whether the Mk4 is truly production ready but, given that the press were supposed to receive test cars soon, it can't be far away.
There was photos taken earlier this year of completed MK4s sat outside the factory so I'd say they have at least some of the lines already converted over to MK4

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
Can anyone advise in My20 in case it matter that when you select D/S it don’t light up red like the others.

P R N and if I tap over to +and - do but not D/S

that normal ?
Mine only lights up when manual mode is selected? I would imaging (from previous cars that is normal) hard to tell from pic put have you put lever to the left? I’m the +\- light up then

EZ Cupra

Feb 20, 2020
Mine only lights up when manual mode is selected? I would imaging (from previous cars that is normal) hard to tell from pic put have you put lever to the left? I’m the +\- light up then
Sorry ignore that. See your issue. Mine lights up.
Odd issue

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
I thought that the Mk4 Cupra wasn't scheduled for release until late this year (before all the various delays cut in...) so would that mean NO orders for Cupras until then??

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
For anyone who was expecting a delivery within the next few weeks surely aren’t thinking of cancelling completely? Just wait it out and have it once this has all blown over and it can actually be used! Let’s face it with the wait times we’ve seen what’s another month or two going to matter!

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
So, dropped the other half at work today to save her getting public transport. In car display telling me I got 29mpg average on urban roads. No real traffic but plenty of lights still, pretty impressed with that. Even more so since my Z4 would be in the teens for that journey.

So, obviously, having the Cupra is going to save me money on fuel. Totally worth it, man maths at work!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.