How to update SatNav maps?

Tomsta

Feb 13, 2017
I bought my Seat Leon (mid 2012 plate) 2nd hand last year and obviously the navigation maps are out of date, and i rang up my local Seat dealer and they quoted me £300 to update it (which is rediculious)

I thought there has got to be a way of updating them myself, can anyone help me out here

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Does it have an SD card slot? First thing you need to figure out is which head unit you have. I believe they are typically RNS310, RNS315 or RNS510.

I've bought three updates for my RNS315 off ebay for £40 each.

Tomsta

Feb 13, 2017
Does it have an SD card slot? First thing you need to figure out is which head unit you have. I believe they are typically RNS310, RNS315 or RNS510.

I've bought three updates for my RNS315 off ebay for £40 each.

It does indeed have an SD Card slot however i can't seem to find out what i have the manual i have for the unit just says "Media System 2.2"

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Does it look like this?

Album-view-MDI-Optional-RNS-315-Navigation-System.jpg

Mine is RNS315 and mine is media system 2.2 also.

Tomsta

Feb 13, 2017
Does it look like this?

Mine is RNS315 and mine is media system 2.2 also.

It's looks exactly like that, i've just Ebay searched and the entire thing is £140 which covers all of Eastern Europe are there just UK SD Cards

Tomsta

Feb 13, 2017
For UK maps, you'll want Western Europe... I can see one on ebay for £69 (or best offer)... so you could be cheaky and offer what you think.
When you last bought yours can you remember who the seller was as i use my satnav a lot for my job and i don't want my satnav to be written off or crash on me

Tomsta

Feb 13, 2017
You've been a great help thank you, i'll do my own research and i might be having a confrontation with Seat stating that i can get one from Ebay which is the right version for under half the price

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
No worries. Might be worth a call to Seat UK. I'm going back a couple of years, but I asked when I bought my FR at Listers Worcester and they wanted £175. I can't believe its almost doubled in price over 2 years!

Tomsta

Feb 13, 2017
No worries. Might be worth a call to Seat UK. I'm going back a couple of years, but I asked when I bought my FR at Listers Worcester and they wanted £175. I can't believe its almost doubled in price over 2 years!

When i phoned my dealership they quoted £140 for the part and the rest was i'm guessing labour cost (which is basically 2 hours waiting)

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
You could post in the Sere forum here and ask Dave how much he'd do to just post you the SD card.

Steven Rowan

Mar 16, 2020
I bought my Seat Leon (mid 2012 plate) 2nd hand last year and obviously the navigation maps are out of date, and i rang up my local Seat dealer and they quoted me £300 to update it (which is rediculious)

I thought there has got to be a way of updating them myself, can anyone help me out here

If you want a legit, fully-working map update, have a look here: https://satnavstore.com/index.php?route=common/home

The site will give you instructions in how to find the correct map update software. I'm waiting for V.12 sd card for my 68 plate Ibiza, which cost me £34.99.

Last edited:

Steven Rowan

Mar 16, 2020
It does indeed have an SD Card slot however i can't seem to find out what i have the manual i have for the unit just says "Media System 2.2"
Your sd card should have a number on the label, for example, 6PO919866 (on the orange bit at the bottom of the label). This will be the number you should purchase from: https://satnavstore.com/index.php?route=common/home
You might see different numbers for each card on the website, but if your card number is ABC123XYZ, then you should only purchase the latest version of that same card number (ABC123XYZ). If you order up any other card, for example DEF246TUV, it will not work. If you are not sure, follow the guidance on their webpage.

Steven Rowan

Mar 16, 2020
Firstly, apologies for the attached pic being slightly out of focus.

On the bottom of the sd card label, you can see a series of characters on the bottom (orange) segment - this is the part number. The number on this particular card is 6PO919866 BB. Ignore the BB - the alpha numeric number pertains to the card that works in my infotainment system. The version (on the white part of the label) shown here is V.11. The website I mentioned earlier is currently selling V.12.

Attachments

• 20200323_152313.jpg
    20200323_152313.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 461

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
You realise this thread is from 3 years ago right?

The guy hasn't been on here in well over a year, he certainly doesn't care.

Steven Rowan

Mar 16, 2020
You realise this thread is from 3 years ago right?

The guy hasn't been on here in well over a year, he certainly doesn't care.

You do realise that Seat actually built more than one car and, that being the case, there are more owners that may have a similar issue? It may also be the case that, perhaps at some time in the future, the OP might re-encounter the exact same issue, but wondered if there was some other people willing to share information?

AWAY AND TAKE YER FACE FOR A SHITE!!

Steven Rowan

Mar 16, 2020
Is it just a case of old card out new card in?
Yes - just make sure you have everything switched off (ignition completely off) before you remove your old card, and when you insert the new card. Once you have inserted the new card, start up as normal. You might get a screen message telling you that it is reading the card database, but you should only see it for a couple of seconds.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members