1.5 tsi 150 UK ?

loyalbear1872

May 2, 2018
Hello Guys
Is this engine available in the UK, can't see it for the Ibiza or the VW Polo but it's available for the Arona and T Roc..... Can anyone explain why and will it be available?

Regards LB

loyalbear1872

May 2, 2018
Any reason it was stopped? i have just noticed that VW have now started putting it in the T Cross ;/

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Possibly because the 1.5TSI is a hugely oversubscribed engine from VW, eg...I guess they will first go VW (Golf, Passat, Tiguain, T-ROc), then Audi (A3, A4, A5, Q3, Q2), then Seat has to share the rest with Skoda, who has it in the Scala, Karooq, Kamiq. At least Seat has this engine for the Leon, Ateca, Tarraco, and some Aronas. None for the Ibiza since awhile. If it's any consolation, Polo's and Fabia don't get it either. The new Audi A1 might, not sure...

In my home town in Singapore/Malaysia, they don't even offer the 1.5, still using the old 1.4 ACT

kwlw

Nov 22, 2019
I think it's because of WLTP. Each gearbox/engine combination should pass it. And that's quite costly even not taking into account that MT 1.5 will not pass declared values. This shaved options for each model a lot. It seems too little people were buying 1.5 Ibizas. A bit strange I would say, because that engine was one of the main reasons why I bought mine :).

Reactions: loyalbear1872

loyalbear1872

May 2, 2018
I think the Ibiza needs a 1.5 150 bhp, fiesta has 140 ecoboost while both clio and 208 are pushing 130 bhp models, ...what about the 1.5 130 evo ??.......Why have VW put the 150 in the T cross and left of out of the Polo .... strange :/

kwlw

Nov 22, 2019
I believe main issue is that too little people buy 1.5. Same issue is with cupra. Maybe target buyer simply can not afford them or is eco oriented.That's bad, because past weekend, I found myself thinking about "this chassis would really shine with around 200hp" while driving through some high speed bends :drive1:... Even 1.5 with 150hp really gets out of juice on faster roads, like a diesel, but most buyers still choose three pots. Go figure :blink:.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.