Fitting 2016 Cupra Front Brakes to 2018 FR...

Mar 27, 2020
Hi Guys, hoping for some help.
I've recently brought a front brake setup off of a 2016 Leon Cupra with a view to fitting them to my 2018 Leon FR 1.4 125.

I've been told that they are a direct fit Bolt for Bolt however someone has also mentioned the need to source the correct carriers?

Doe's anyone know if this is the case or whether anyone has already carried out this mod?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached a pic of the setup that I've brought for reference.

Thanks in advance

Lee

Attachments

• brakes.jpeg
    brakes.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 119

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I would guess that if the discs are a larger diameter you need the correct carriers to space the callipers from the hub? But are they not overkill?

Mar 27, 2020
I would guess that if the discs are a larger diameter you need the correct carriers to space the callipers from the hub? But are they not overkill?
I'm guessing then from the pic i've posted if I were to use just the callipers and standard cupra discs it would be a like for like? and in that case a bolt on job?

Jazzjames

Sep 13, 2018
Germany
I’m sure they’ll look cool but have you considered what the increased unsprung mass will do to acceleration and handling?

I don’t know if it’s a bolt on job but why not try with one side? Replacing discs and callipers doesn’t take long.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members