Virtual cockpit

Mar 15, 2020
clear.gif

1. Hi.
    Ive recently had vc and mib2 retrofitted to my cupra 280.the vc is 5f09207290 without the sport dial and side dials.im aware and in the process of ordering the new clocks with index A but now they have an index B out does anyone know the difference.i had a look at the leon cupra with A index in and an ateca cupra with B index in and couldnt really tell the difference.can someone help before i order.cheers all

Mar 15, 2020
H
Before we provide some answers, would you provide how you retrofitted the above please?
I.
Thanks for the reply.
Ive been told to purchase revision index A for the cluster.my car is a 2014 cupra 280 and ive had retrofitted the mib2 unlocked harman unit and 8"screen and fitted a set of 2018 clocks with view button on the steering wheel.and all works excellent.im upgrading to the index A clocks so i can have the extra display dials.

Reactions: Walone

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
I understand why you are upgrading, can you please explain how you upgraded? How was the VC programmed using VCDS or ODIS? Did anything need to be parametrised? Are you using MOST Fibre link?

Mar 15, 2020
I understand why you are upgrading, can you please explain how you upgraded? How was the VC programmed using VCDS or ODIS? Did anything need to be parametrised? Are you using MOST Fibre link?
Yep odis is needed to remove cp and code keys to immobiliser and yep i used the most cable between headunit and vc to display nav.and all other coding to car is done with vcds

Mar 15, 2020
I was told to use version A for upgrade as version B is new immo and no difference on graphics

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Yep odis is needed to remove cp and code keys to immobiliser and yep i used the most cable between headunit and vc to display nav.and all other coding to car is done with vcds

Thank you for the reply. Is this on a used VC or new? Did you use the dealers ODIS? Can coding of the keys not be done with VCDS?

A varient is know to have graphics issues.

B variant has a different start screen and appears to have the cupra flag missing from the main display. As for vechicle images i'm not to sure.

Mar 15, 2020
Thank you for the reply. Is this on a used VC or new? Did you use the dealers ODIS? Can coding of the keys not be done with VCDS?

A varient is know to have graphics issues.

B variant has a different start screen and appears to have the cupra flag missing from the main display. As for vechicle images i'm not to sure.
Needed odis to code keys.yes was a used vc.im replacing with new.so you saying the B variant is better ?

Mar 15, 2020
We have fitted the A index version all is fab with central sport gauge etc but cant seem to code/adaptations for the cupra flag like in the older clocks.any ideas guys ?

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Version B doesn't have the Cupra flag on any of the displays. Other than that I've not seen any difference.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I know its an old thread, from my understanding Rev B has a different immobiliser system and won't work with older cars. Rev B definitly doesn;t have the Cupra flag either. But it may seem that neither do the newer Rev A's :(

Edit - Stand corrected, seen an R ST with the flags, so Rev B may still have the flag. Just figuring out how to enable it, is the key...

Last edited:

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I know its an old thread, from my understanding Rev B has a different immobiliser system and won't work with older cars. Rev B definitly doesn;t have the Cupra flag either. But it may seem that neither do the newer Rev A's :(

I see you finally got the Revision A you were after. In the pics it doesn't have a flag which I assume is how you know some Rev As don't have flags. I didn't know this.

How's the SEAT sound? I cannot understand how adding a smaller woofer than is fitted in the doors and a tiny center speaker makes a difference but apparently it does.
Is it worth the £300? This is the only reason I haven't done it. My head tells me adding a small woofer shouldn't make a huge difference.

Last edited:

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I see you finally got the Revision A you were after. In the pics it doesn't have a flag which I assume is how you know some Rev As don't have flags. I didn't know this.

How's the SEAT sound? I cannot understand how adding a smaller woofer than is fitted in the doors and a tiny center speaker makes a difference but apparently it does.
Is it worth the £300? This is the only reason I haven't done it. My head tells me adding a small woofer shouldn't make a huge difference.
Its more to do with the sound profile that gets updated too I believe. However, although I was happy with out it, my wife commented that the sound wasn't as good on this car as the old 280. Even with sound deadening that the 280 didn't have. She likes heavy metal with plenty of base.

I have cranked it up yet anyway, as we had my daughter with us, and sadly the central screw piece that holds it all in hadn't arrived on time, so awaiting that in the post before I crank it up (along with the Seat Sound stickers).

As for the flag, I've been looking around to see if this flag can be added, as I have since seen a Cupra R ST with the flag enabled, and you would think the newer R ST's would have the Rev B units. So the guy that installed it is going to have look into it. From what he's seen he thinks ODIS decides to enable it or not.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Its more to do with the sound profile that gets updated too I believe. However, although I was happy with out it, my wife commented that the sound wasn;t as good on this car as the old 280. Even with sound deadening that the 280 didn't have.

I have cranked it up yet anyway, as we had my daughter with us, and sadly the central screw piece that holds it all in hadn't arrived on time, so awaiting that in the post before I crank it up (along with the Seat Sound stickers).

As for the flag, I've been looking around to see if this flag can be added, as I have since seen a Cupra R ST with the flag enabled, and you would think the newer R ST's would have the Rev B units. So the guy that installed it is going to have look into it. From what he's seen he thinks ODIS decides to enable it or not.
This would make sense that the flag can be enabled or disabled. Fingers crossed.

I will wait for your verdict on the SEAT sound. I'm just after an honest review as when people have forked out for extra stuff it is highly unlikely they'll post anything negative.

On a random note. I had the glitch where the map appears on both screens happen last week. I think it was when I changed over the screen while the system was still booting/initialising.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.